Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: On "Closing Church"

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.
    There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.
    Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen Cow Poke, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.
    If I recall, you have a heart problem and you are in a high risk category. Be safe!

6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.
    It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.
    I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.
    Agreed... pretty busy right now, but maybe I'll send you a link to the test, to see if you notice a much higher video quality.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Our district has given us the go ahead to open back up AFTER we receive state guidelines. So it'll be another week for us.

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen