Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix your camera!

Comment

• We have ONE in person service. The mid-week, the Youth Night, amd the Saturday Prayer are all on-line .
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Oh NO, Governor! You DIDN'T!

We are banned from singing and chanting?

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...243973397.html
        Last edited by DesertBerean; 07-03-2020, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Oh NO, Governor! You DIDN'T!

The mayor of Panama City noticed what I had noticed earlier. Namely, the governor has not posted any order to wear masks and it is not likely that he has published an order against singing. Without any laws created on any of this stuff, these are essentially without anything to be enforced.

If need be, we could go with civil obedience -- i.e., doing what is right in accord with our rights -- and worship God, even against Pharaoh's command. No one put a godless fanatic in charge of worship. (haha. I would like to see the scientific experiments to show that worship (with masks on ) leads to the spread of coronavirus.

wow. That jerk. he said "if you want to be independent of covid-19, we have to be more vigilant in maintaining our physical distancing from others..." I've been independent from covid-19 since 1776. Nothing else is needed to celebrate that independence. I think I will have to accidentally forget this guideline on Sunday (and might have to sing a solo if the music group is not playing).

Comment

• I believe I came on too aggressive in my reaction above. HOWEVER, I still choose to obey GOD rather than man. So be it!

I hear you, mikewhitney!

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Oh NO, Governor! You DIDN'T!

Now THAT would be a problem!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• As I said in the other thread, I'll comply with our State's guidance because we have a lot of older people who are very susceptible to this, and I love them.
                If it makes them feel better to wear masks, I can play that game.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So let me get this straight.

Churches that have been complying with shutdown orders for months, and been given the okay to reopen with limitations, now can't worship in song or any sort of communal speech, are going to be visited by the singing police.*

But the tens of thousands of rioters and business burning mobs and statue destroyer do-badders are okay.

You know what's next, right?

The preacher won't be allowed to preach because speaking spreads the virus.

Nope. No way. At this point, in my opinion, it's time to obey God and keep singing His praise.

*Well, it's a possibility that there will be singing police!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• This may affect Grace Church too; will be interesting to hear what Johnny Mac has to say about it.
                    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                      This may affect Grace Church too; will be interesting to hear what Johnny Mac has to say about it.
                      Well, they seem to have only a few people there each week, mostly the staff, so there aren't masses of people.

And the few in the pews are farther than 6 feet away from the platform, and if they space themselves out where they're sitting they should be ok.

I don't think MacArthur will stop the singing, but I could be wrong.
                      Last edited by mossrose; 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        So let me get this straight.

Churches that have been complying with shutdown orders for months, and been given the okay to reopen with limitations, now can't worship in song or any sort of communal speech, are going to be visited by the singing police.*

But the tens of thousands of rioters and business burning mobs and statue destroyer do-badders are okay.

You know what's next, right?

The preacher won't be allowed to preach because speaking spreads the virus.

Nope. No way. At this point, in my opinion, it's time to obey God and keep singing His praise.

*Well, it's a possibility that there will be singing police!
                        Fortunately, Texas is much more "faith friendly" (now*) than probably any other state in the union.

If it gets to a civil disobedience thing, it won't be the first time I've been arrested for noncompliance.

*I say "now", because you ought to see the hateful nearly Satan-worshiping 'people' who are trying to get into office in Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          If it gets to a civil disobedience thing, it won't be the first time I've been arrested for noncompliance.
                          HEY!!! You guys would be able to watch me get arrested on worldwide TV!!!!!

Comment

HEY!!! You guys would be able to watch me get arrested on worldwide TV!!!!!

Comment

• The governor is facing a recall and he is (in my opinion) unraveling much like his Aunt Pelosi Is with the challenge for her seat and SHE has more to lose.

Comment

Fortunately, Texas is much more "faith friendly" (now*) than probably any other state in the union.

*I say "now", because you ought to see the hateful nearly Satan-worshiping 'people' who are trying to get into office in Austin.
                                Let's see now... Didn't Trump make places of worship (churches, synagogues, mosques temples etc.) "essential" meaning that the states can't close them? But now the states are trying to regulate worship services.

Isn't that a violation of the First Amendment? Or at the very least like telling a store that they can open but only as long as someone doesn't buy anything.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X