Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.
    It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.
      I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.

Comment

I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.
        Agreed... pretty busy right now, but maybe I'll send you a link to the test, to see if you notice a much higher video quality.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Our district has given us the go ahead to open back up AFTER we receive state guidelines. So it'll be another week for us.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.

Comment

We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.

Comment

So, truth be told yes it is worse than the flu and it lasts longer. We had it in our house back in February and while the kids did ok, our oldest had breathing problems and tiredness for a month. I couldn't breathe well myself without the use of a rescue inhaler for a month and a half. It's pretty nasty, so I do understand the social mandates.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    So, truth be told yes it is worse than the flu and it lasts longer. We had it in our house back in February and while the kids did ok, our oldest had breathing problems and tiredness for a month. I couldn't breathe well myself without the use of a rescue inhaler for a month and a half. It's pretty nasty, so I do understand the social mandates.
                    did you get tested or just think it was COVID?

Comment

• OK, which one of you yahoos went online and sent our Church TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?!

Comment

• Today is PENTECOST SUNDAY. As many churches (including my denomination) told our governor, we are going to come together whether he allowed it or not. We will follow the procedures he then outlined, but we will come together!

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          Today is PENTECOST SUNDAY. As many churches (including my denomination) told our governor, we are going to come together whether he allowed it or not. We will follow the procedures he then outlined, but we will come together!
                          Yay. You will have to endure the covid case trackers who will test a 1000 new people using inaccurate diagnostics. They will say that the disease spread despite doing things more safely than costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            Yay. You will have to endure the covid case trackers who will test a 1000 new people using inaccurate diagnostics. They will say that the disease spread despite doing things more safely than costco.
                            My own church did not open as we have a timetable of our own that I had forgot about. But I'm for the others doing so. God has commanded us to gather and it's time we step it up. As it is, I don't think Newsom is going to do anything about us despite the Supreme Court ruling in his favor.

I am convinced, in light of all that's going on, that the powers of darkness are seeking to distract us from our task of standing up nationwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              OK, which one of you yahoos went online and sent our Church TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?!
                              Praise God!

Comment

Praise God!
                                Totally unexpected, and there was a little... um... they wanted to remain anonymous, but the web portal wasn't allowing that big amount, but... yeah, Praise God!!!

Comment