Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 173

Thread: On "Closing Church"

  1. #111
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22,520
    Amen (Given)
    17015
    Amen (Received)
    10420
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Don't get too close


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #112
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,827
    Amen (Given)
    5492
    Amen (Received)
    23653
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post


    The speakers don't work very well (way too much static) and I meant to pick some up new headphones on the way home from work when I stopped at Walmart but forgot

    Now that I'm quarantined for the next two weeks I can't go running out for stuff so it'll just have to be something I'll have to look forward to.
    Why can't you make your own at rogue labs? Huh?

    Here is a pair of Sparkomatic Beets Headphones to help you out..

    beets.jpg

  3. #113
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,851
    Amen (Given)
    5983
    Amen (Received)
    2305
    We're going to try ZOOM for our Wednesday service. I'll have toncheck that out...never used it before.

  4. #114
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,827
    Amen (Given)
    5492
    Amen (Received)
    23653
    Notes on CP's last service.

    1. Excellent sermon - I love the book of John. Good lead-up to Easter too!
    2. Audio and resolution very good.
    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.

  5. #115
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.
    I checked his youtube. The frame-rate issue isn't you.

  6. #116
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,851
    Amen (Given)
    5983
    Amen (Received)
    2305
    Hm...on my laptop the Sunday FB live constantly buffered. Didn't have that problem on Saturday. But my lappy isn't much for multimedia...I wasn't expecting to do that much multimedia when I bought it. I finally switched to my Note 8. The laptop was about 4 minutes behind!

    I will be picking up a Chromecast for my TV. It unfortunately is not native for streaming stuff like Facebook.

  7. #117
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,994
    Amen (Given)
    13447
    Amen (Received)
    28191
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Notes on CP's last service.

    1. Excellent sermon - I love the book of John. Good lead-up to Easter too!
    2. Audio and resolution very good.
    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think the video was lagging the audio, with the lag increasing as the service went on.
    I think it's because we used a laptop that we had in one of the Sunday school rooms, and the graphics on it were crappy.
    Got a NEW computer today from Best Buy - a gaming computer - with MUCH better graphics, so we'll see how this goes.
    Gonna be setting it up tonight.

    I don't think it's the internet, because the video and audio frames would be encapsulated together in the TCP/IP packets, and either the WHOLE THING would be slowed down - or not.
    I think it's the video graphics on that laptop.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #118
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,994
    Amen (Given)
    13447
    Amen (Received)
    28191
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    I checked his youtube. The frame-rate issue isn't you.
    Correct - and our attempt to add in an MP4 (the couple who sang) really compounded the problem - which, again, makes me think it's the graphic processor on that laptop.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #119
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Correct - and our attempt to add in an MP4 (the couple who sang) really compounded the problem - which, again, makes me think it's the graphic processor on that laptop.
    I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

    *sigh*

  10. #120
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,661
    Amen (Given)
    374
    Amen (Received)
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

    *sigh*
    Has Blackboard tried to get profs to online schedule classes at less busy hours?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •