Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I couldn't really tell the difference on my phone speaker, but when I put it up on my HDTV and surround system, it was obvious that your audio was lower volume and sounded muffled. The others sounded fine. I noticed they had hand held mics and you were using what, a lapel mic?

I turned up the volume so I could hear you better and that's when I noticed the hum.

But I have to say, overall it was great. I have always wanted to see you in action! I hope you continue this even after the crisis is over. It would be like I was part of your congregation! Also great for others who can't get out because of restrictions or disabilities. And a great way to archive your sermons.
    Yes, we will be investing in equipment to keep this up even after the crisis. And we'll even do ONLINE COMMUNION!!!! (I think that's due the 2nd week in April)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Got it

Thanks.

But as I said in my PM I had forgotten that my headphones were broken so I'm gonna try to connect my old speakers back up

The speakers don't work very well (way too much static) and I meant to pick some up new headphones on the way home from work when I stopped at Walmart but forgot

Now that I'm quarantined for the next two weeks I can't go running out for stuff so it'll just have to be something I'll have to look forward to.
      Last edited by rogue06; 03-25-2020, 05:01 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The speakers don't work very well (way too much static) and I meant to pick some up new headphones on the way home from work when I stopped at Walmart but forgot

Now that I'm quarantined for the next two weeks I can't go running out for stuff so it'll just have to be something I'll have to look forward to.
        Did I miss something? Why are you quarentined?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Did I miss something? Why are you quarentined?
          Never mind. I just saw your post explaining it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Never mind. I just saw your post explaining it.

Don't get too close

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't get too close

Comment

Why can't you make your own at rogue labs? Huh?

Here is a pair of Sparkomatic Beets Headphones to help you out..

beets.jpg

Comment

• We're going to try ZOOM for our Wednesday service. I'll have toncheck that out...never used it before.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Notes on CP's last service.

1. Excellent sermon - I love the book of John. Good lead-up to Easter too!
                    2. Audio and resolution very good.
                    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.

Comment

3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.
                      I checked his youtube. The frame-rate issue isn't you.

Comment

• Hm...on my laptop the Sunday FB live constantly buffered. Didn't have that problem on Saturday. But my lappy isn't much for multimedia...I wasn't expecting to do that much multimedia when I bought it. I finally switched to my Note 8. The laptop was about 4 minutes behind!

I will be picking up a Chromecast for my TV. It unfortunately is not native for streaming stuff like Facebook.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Notes on CP's last service.

1. Excellent sermon - I love the book of John. Good lead-up to Easter too!
                          2. Audio and resolution very good.
                          Thanks for the feedback. I think the video was lagging the audio, with the lag increasing as the service went on.
                          I think it's because we used a laptop that we had in one of the Sunday school rooms, and the graphics on it were crappy.
                          Got a NEW computer today from Best Buy - a gaming computer - with MUCH better graphics, so we'll see how this goes.
                          Gonna be setting it up tonight.

I don't think it's the internet, because the video and audio frames would be encapsulated together in the TCP/IP packets, and either the WHOLE THING would be slowed down - or not.
                          I think it's the video graphics on that laptop.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                            I checked his youtube. The frame-rate issue isn't you.
                            Correct - and our attempt to add in an MP4 (the couple who sang) really compounded the problem - which, again, makes me think it's the graphic processor on that laptop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Correct - and our attempt to add in an MP4 (the couple who sang) really compounded the problem - which, again, makes me think it's the graphic processor on that laptop.
                              I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

*sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                                I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

*sigh*
                                Has Blackboard tried to get profs to online schedule classes at less busy hours?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X