Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leadership styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadership styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1k8_aZwK8

Quite a bit of difference. Not exactly Reaganesque. But Pence came across as if he actually paid attention.

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1k8_aZwK8

Quite a bit of difference. Not exactly Reaganesque. But Pence came across as if he actually paid attention.
    Pence is far more serious and disciplined than Trump and without a the propensity for bombastity of the latter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Pence is far more serious and disciplined than Trump and without a the propensity for bombastity of the latter.
      Do you think Pence and Trump are receiving the same information?

Also is bombasity a quality we want in a President?

Comment

I see why we have Trump as President and not Pence.

Praise God for Trump.

The only mistake Trump made was to select Pence as VP. But maybe there was no other option. (I wonder how much the VP of the candidate actually helps an election.)

Actually, I don't trust Trump completely, but his message here was spot on.

The people working with Pence on this are corrupt -- swamp people. The swamp does its part to senselessly scare the public.

Chloroquine is likely the medicine that will help the people that have harsh respiratory distress. There will be no need to demand a vaccine for this. We should be able to stop this ill-advised stay-at-home policy.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Praise God for Trump.

The only mistake Trump made was to select Pence as VP. But maybe there was no other option. (I wonder how much the VP of the candidate actually helps an election.)

The people working with Pence on this are corrupt -- swamp people. The swamp does its part to senselessly scare the public.

Chloroquine is likely the medicine that will help the people that have harsh respiratory distress. There will be no need to demand a vaccine for this. We should be able to stop this ill-advised stay-at-home policy.
          Chloroquine may be the wonderdrug, likely to help keep patients alive, but it does have side effects.

Why are those working with Pence the swamp people, but not the Trump appointees?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
            Chloroquine may be the wonderdrug, likely to help keep patients alive, but it does have side effects.

Why are those working with Pence the swamp people, but not the Trump appointees?
            I suppose you are right. If you go to a Ford dealer, you are not going to find a lot of Yugos to choose from. As such, Trump had to have some swamp creatures.

Comment

I suppose you are right. If you go to a Ford dealer, you are not going to find a lot of Yugos to choose from. As such, Trump had to have some swamp creatures.
              Just who and what are the swamp creatures? We have two conflicting narratives about Trump, one that he has appointed many Christians (or those sympathetic to Christian issues) and is doing more for evangelicals than any other president, the other narrative is that he is a dupe who is surrounded by deep state operatives who are foiling him.

Even if the swamp creatures are infesting Washington, that does not prevent Trump from projecting an image of calm, rational, and reassuring leadership.

Comment

I have not heard of either of those descriptions. I just know that people in the government have been giving away the strength and the resources of America away to other countries. Obama did nothing against this decline and even said it was the condition we just had to suffer through. These people then have acted against Trump's attempt to restore vitality to America. It seems that Trump has been acting to build up America.

I can't be sure that Trump is truly for building up our economy and helping the American people, but these goals seem more plausible under Trump than under Hillary Clinton.

I see a better style of presidency in Trump than I have seen in Bush1,Bush2, Clinton or Obama. Trump seems more like a normal person than these predecessors, who tended to have a fake aura of superiority.
                Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-23-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Praise God for Trump.

Totally disagree with this. I think Pence would make a better president than Trump. Trump just stands up there at the news briefings rambling on incoherently, repeating the same thing half a dozen times, wandering all over the place. Pence is direct, answers the questions succinctly and clearly and has command of the press. When Trump gets up there I cringe.

Trump is good at running things in the background, but he is terrible at public appearances and speeches.

Comment