Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Chloroquine: The cure for covid-19?

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,356
    Amen (Given)
    343
    Amen (Received)
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    This is a false dichotomy. We can't currently treat it any other way other than putting it people in respirators, which has significant effects on the people going through it. Furthermore the treatment you're proposing is highly toxic and far worse than any purported side effects or extremely rare allergic responses to vaccines.



    On the contrary, it exists in the animal population. There is a natural reservoir for this virus. This is unlike Polio, where we can be certain that it is gone because it only ever existed in the human population.
    you have a lot of conclusions for something that has just come to the attention of scientists.

  2. #22
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,172
    Amen (Given)
    169
    Amen (Received)
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    We can't currently treat it any other way other than putting it people in respirators, which has significant effects on the people going through it.
    Inaccurate. Those people making up Fake News about Trump and chloroquine fail to mention that China, Korea, and Italy have found it useful enough to recommend it as treatment for coronavirus patients.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

  3. #23
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    This is a false dichotomy. We can't currently treat it any other way other than putting it people in respirators, which has significant effects on the people going through it. Furthermore the treatment you're proposing is highly toxic and far worse than any purported side effects or extremely rare allergic responses to vaccines.



    On the contrary, it exists in the animal population. There is a natural reservoir for this virus. This is unlike Polio, where we can be certain that it is gone because it only ever existed in the human population.
    Coronaviruses are a group of viruses. Taxonomically, an actual subfamily. IIRC, both SARS and MER are types of coronavirus.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  4. Amen DesertBerean, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  5. #24
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,985
    Amen (Given)
    548
    Amen (Received)
    1170
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    SARS and MER are types of coronavirus.
    The current coronavirus responsible for coronavirus disease 2019 (covid-19) is named SARS-CoV-2.

  6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #25
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,888
    Amen (Given)
    5383
    Amen (Received)
    23342
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Oh right. We rush to market medicine that has been used for 80 years. And we simply disregard the insight of Dr. Didier Raoult, MD, an Infectious Disease specialist.

    Also, the use of intraveneous Vitamin C is being used in China to heal people.

    We don't have to try to innoculate billions of people for something that can be treated sufficiently well.

    No drug is completely safe. This drug has a host of side effects, including blindness and death. And there are various interactions with over 300 drugs. People just taking this drug like candy would end up harming more people than it could save. And there is no proof it works yet.

    https://www.drugs.com/sfx/chloroquine-side-effects.html

  8. #26
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,888
    Amen (Given)
    5383
    Amen (Received)
    23342
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    So it is best to get healed of diabetes before such pandemics occur.
    get healed form diabetes? The only "healing" would be for type 1's with a pancreas transplant. You can only live with diabetes, not heal it.

  9. #27
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,985
    Amen (Given)
    548
    Amen (Received)
    1170

  10. #28
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,461
    Amen (Given)
    2818
    Amen (Received)
    1797
    Yup...
    'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says':

    The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the coronavirus warned the public on Monday not to “believe anything that the president says” and rely on doctors instead.

    “We saw Trump on TV – every channel – and all of his buddies and that this was safe,” the woman, who is in critical care after taking the drug with her husband, told NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard. “Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure.”

    The president has repeatedly touted chloroquine as a “very powerful” treatment against coronavirus and falsely claimed it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

    Trumpism is lethal

  11. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,824
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Yup...
    'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says':

    The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the coronavirus warned the public on Monday not to “believe anything that the president says” and rely on doctors instead.

    “We saw Trump on TV – every channel – and all of his buddies and that this was safe,” the woman, who is in critical care after taking the drug with her husband, told NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard. “Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure.”

    The president has repeatedly touted chloroquine as a “very powerful” treatment against coronavirus and falsely claimed it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

    Trumpism is lethal
    Well if Jesus told me something was safe, I would certainly believe it.

    But if a real estate mogul and reality TV star with a history of dubious projects and methods dispensed medical advice......

    A conservative who likely has a low view of "establishment" elites, politicians, and distrusts normal information methods (MSM) would take advice from Trump? It is the antivaxxers who have really glommed onto this quinine cure. We already have chloroquine resistant malaria, will mass use affect drug resistant strains?

  12. #30
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,888
    Amen (Given)
    5383
    Amen (Received)
    23342
    It's a prescription medication so how are the supplies "evaporating?"

    They can track prescriptions and if unscrupulous doctors are overprescribing they should be arrested for drug trafficking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •