Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID-19 bill would give Liberals power to raise taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    And maybe Harper had superpowers!

The banking policies were in place long before 08, which is why the Canadian market was more resilient, whereas we embarked on a course of loosening the fiduciary responsibilities pf the banking industry. The housing sector did not have the same level of foreclosures, the investment banks did not become not insolvent.

And maybe you're a moron!

Harper controlled spending during his time in office. He didn't waste money like the Liberals and NDP do, that's why the country survived.

That's the difference between what we had then and what we have now since Trudeau has been in office for 4.5 years. As of last year our deficit is 20 billion and he will be handing out 82 billion for the covid crisis, and back in February he was tossing money at Greece.

As of August 2016, BEFORE Trump was elected, the first year of Trudeau, 156,155 illegal immigrants have crossed into Canada from the States. The RCMP have actually built outposts at the unmanned crossings.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...till-happening

And these people are being given health care paid for by me, including dental and prescriptions, which I can't get unless I have private insurance, for up to 20 years! How's that for a liberal waste of money!

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ed-to-20-years

Do not talk to me about things in my country if you don't live here. You don't have a clue.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Harper controlled spending during his time in office. He didn't waste money like the Liberals and NDP do, that's why the country survived.

That's the difference between what we had then and what we have now since Trudeau has been in office for 4.5 years. As of last year our deficit is 20 billion and he will be handing out 82 billion for the covid crisis, and back in February he was tossing money at Greece.

As of August 2016, BEFORE Trump was elected, the first year of Trudeau, 156,155 illegal immigrants have crossed into Canada from the States. The RCMP have actually built outposts at the unmanned crossings.

And these people are being given health care paid for by me, including dental and prescriptions, which I can't get unless I have private insurance, for up to 20 years! How's that for a liberal waste of money!

Do not talk to me about things in my country if you don't live here. You don't have a clue.
      wait! so if I sneak into Canada I will get 20 years of free dental AND health insurance?

You got a spare room?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        wait! so if I sneak into Canada I will get 20 years of free dental AND health insurance?

You got a spare room?
        I'd turn you in right away and you'd get to spend 2 weeks in quarantine and then you'd get free housing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Maybe I do have a clue, even though I do not reside there.

The 08 housing crash, which took trillions out of the economy in the US, was caused in part by loosening banking rules, which Canada chose not to do. The US had a massive influx of foreign investment, a whopping 6% GDP, which China did not have. The money prompted a boom in housing, some middle class persons actually received four and more mortgages, it was like the wild west and a classic bubble. Yes, Harper did a good job, but those were not under his control.

The global financial crisis which hit in 07 put the world's banking sector into a bind (Lehman collapsed). Ottowa did pressure quick write offs (to Harper's credit). But Harper did follow Obama with a stimulus package, Canada even bought into GM. When oil and commodity prices rebounded, Canada reaped those benefits, along with the weak Canadian dollar.

Canada was helped by strong commodity prices, banking policies set earlier with strong central government regulation, and weaknesses in the Looney. Harper did pull the similar stunts as Obama, adjusted for GDP. Harper did not keep his promises on budget, though to be fair he was forced into it by opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It's human nature to do a better job when we're doing what we WANT to do than what we HAVE to do.
            Wow. You haven't thought that one through, have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post
              Wow. You haven't thought that one through, have you.
              I'd love for you to tell what you think is wrong with it.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trudeau's latest outrageous behaviour. He has banned all from entering Canada who have a cough or fever, but he's made an exemption for illegal immigrants!

He is an idiot!

https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_...ource=therebel

And there is nothing about this in the MSM.
                Last edited by mossrose; 03-30-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment