No announcement yet.

What's your favorite unsolved mystery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite unsolved mystery?

Everybody likes a good unsolved mystery, so what's your favorite? Feel free to link to an article or video talking about it, if you like.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Who let the dogs out?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I still don't think we really know who killed Kennedy (or was behind it). That was a big event in my 10 year old life.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

My serious answer is the D.B. Cooper case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

A man using a pseudonym hijacked an airplane, successfully extorted a high amount of cash, then parachuted out of the plane with the money. Nobody knows who he actually was or what happened to him, though some of the money was found in the wilderness nearby years later.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          My serious answer is the D.B. Cooper case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

A man using a pseudonym hijacked an airplane, successfully extorted a high amount of cash, then parachuted out of the plane with the money. Nobody knows who he actually was or what happened to him, though some of the money was found in the wilderness nearby years later.
          Now that was well planned!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Serious answers. What a novel idea. Why Sparko didn't turn OBP into bacon when he had the chance?

What? Not "serious enough? What could be more serious?

Okay, okay. Let me thunkinate on this smiley hmm.gif

How about, who was Jack the Ripper?

Or for something more esoteric... what in the world is the Voynich manuscript?

Less esoteric but along the same lines... who invented the Antikythera mechanism and were there other devices like it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Where ARE all those socks that have gone missing from the laundry for millions of years?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Serious answers. What a novel idea. Why Sparko didn't turn OBP into bacon when he had the chance?

What? Not "serious enough? What could be more serious?

Okay, okay. Let me thunkinate on this [ATTACH=CONFIG]43502[/ATTACH]

How about, who was Jack the Ripper?

Or for something more esoteric... what in the world is the Voynich manuscript?

Less esoteric but along the same lines... who invented the Antikythera mechanism and were there other devices like it?
                I've spent hours reading about the Voynich manuscript. That's a weird one, for sure.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Where ARE all those socks that have gone missing from the laundry for millions of years?
                  I remember years ago Sparko had a theory on that. He suggested that there is a parallel universe where their clothes hangers are what go missing, and they are always finding extra socks in their dressers. Whereas in our universe, we seem to somehow always have extra hangers in the closets and our socks go missing. They are somehow being swapped between the universes.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    What? You are still fretting over an incident that happened to you a million years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      What? You are still fretting over an incident that happened to you a million years ago?
                      Some folks just never learn to let go.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Some folks just never learn to let go.

Comment

Who Put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)?

Comment

Why are there only muffin tops, but no muffin bottoms?
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment