Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

According to Islam: What does it mean that Jesus will break the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Islam: What does it mean that Jesus will break the cross?

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, son of Mary (Jesus) will SHORTLY DESCEND AMONGST YOU people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the Cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizya (a tax taken from the non-Muslims, who are in the protection, of the Muslim government). Then there will be abundance of money and no-body will accept charitable gifts. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425; *)

Thanks.

Well, based on the studies I've done it means they believe Jesus will destroy Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Well, based on the studies I've done it means they believe Jesus will destroy Christianity.
      That is my understanding as well. A Muslim explained to me that according to Islam when Jesus comes back everyone will have to convert to Islam or die.

Comment

I am assuming "the pig" is Judaism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I am assuming "the pig" is Judaism.
          Good question. I thought it meant that all the pigs would be killed so no one could have any bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            Good question. I thought it meant that all the pigs would be killed so no one could have any bacon.
            NO!!!!

Comment

This hadith or tradition in bukhari just serves to prop up the desperate koranic claim - and a malicious falsehood, that Jesus Christ was never killed by crucifixion 2,000 years ago near Jerusalem.

This is found in surah 4/157. That "they neither killed Him nor crucified Him (Jesus Christ)."

Thats because the koran falsely claims that the mission of Jesus Christ was never to die as God's appointed atonement for sin - as Jesus Himself declared in Matthew 20:28 and prophesied much earlier by the prophet Isaiah in Isaiah chapter 53.l in the OT.

Muslim friends again ignore and/or twist the two Biblical verses above. And misrepresent the mission of Jesus Christ coming into the world 2,000 years ago, as "to proclaim the coming of their prophet Muhammad", found in a verse like surah 61/6.

When in reality, Jesus NEVER made any such prophecy refering to Muhamed or his coming 700 years after the coming of Jesus Christ.

So, at His second coming according to islam, Jesus will allegedly "break all the crosses" because it is not a symbol that represents Him nor His mission at His first coming to the World 2000 years ago.

This is again only a self-destructing polemic of islam to prop up and justify their prophet Muhamed's existence & emergence in Arabia about 700 years after Jesus' advent. And to "justify" albeit fallaciously, muhd's existence on their tragically blinkered world.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X