Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This probably won't be the mark of the Beast

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

This probably won't be the mark of the Beast

I'm front running this before it happens because the situation seems pretty inevitable to me. This isn't any sort of prophecy or anything, I'm just using common sense, so I could always be wrong about the outcome.

Judging by the reaction of the entire world to this current virus situation, and looking at how intrusive world governments have become to combat this situation (the severity of the virus itself is a moot point here -- the reaction is treating it as the end of the world), it's practically GUARANTEED that once a vaccine comes out, governments around the world are going to implement some sort of digital verification system that you've been immunized.

And this verification system will likely be stored in a global database. The verification will be digital and will probably be an ap on your phone, some sort of ID card, or -- dare I say -- perhaps even a digital chip implant. It makes perfect sense, and here's why.

Life can return to normal. Folks will be able to travel again, ride public transit, take flights, cross borders, go to concerts and sporting events without fear of spreading a virus. Though I have no doubt the masses will rush to get the vaccine by the millions once it's released, there are undoubtedly those that for whatever reason (whether religious or some other reason) will refuse to get it.

I imagine huge political discussions and debates about this inevitable dilemma will occur -- whether it's legal or not to force folks to get it, and what legally can be done to enforce it.

Folks that don't have verification will at first be very inconvenienced and shut out of society for the most part, and at first will be subjected to ridicule. But then they'll eventually been seen as a public health threat to the rest of the masses, maybe even dubbed a terrorist. It will almost be impossible not to get the vaccine and verification because you won't be able to function in society without it, and it might even pose grave danger of physical attack.

I'm sure "Mark of the Beast" will be brought up in the discussions, if for no other reason, just as something to be ridiculed and scoffed at. In fact, I'm sure there are Christians that are going to freak out about it. However, I DO NOT believe this is going to be the mark of the Beast (even though I believe the timing is a bit alarming), and here's why.

I don't believe the mark of the Beast will be something that tricks us into taking it. When you look at Revelation, it's pretty clear the Beast is worshipped worldwide. Taking the mark undoubtedly is connected to that worship somehow, which is why it's detrimental to your faith and salvation.

In this case, you're just following a government mandate -- like getting a driver's license, SSN, or paying taxes -- with no religious implications or connotations, and has nothing to do with worship, thus I see no reason this will be detrimental to your faith anymore than following any other prior government mandate.

I could be wrong though. Share your thoughts. I'd prefer to hear opinions from futurists, but all opinions are welcome.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You sound as paranoid as Darfius right now.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

3. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    If you believe that a real Evil one exists, and that the hearts of men are wicked, then you have to be open to almost any evil being plausible.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    If you believe that a real Evil one exists, and that the hearts of men are wicked, then you have to be open to almost any evil being plausible.
    Except that the Mark of the Beast can't be something you could get by accident.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Global populations have been almost entirely shut down because of this virus to the point it's crippling the global economy. Global industry is at a stand still. Central banks are literally pumping trillions into the financial systems to keep them from collapsing. Congress just passed a 2 trillion bailout on top of all that to try and save our economy, and other countries are doing the same to save theirs.

Paranoid relative to what though?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is no need for a digital chip to keep track of a vaccine. That's what that blue form that records your vaccinations is for!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is no need for a digital chip to keep track of a vaccine. That's what that blue form that records your vaccinations is for!
    If I'm right, will you come back in here and publicly declare "You were right wise one?"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    If I'm right, will you come back in here and publicly declare "You were right wise one?"
    Sure.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The initial analysis seems correct that however we understand the mark of the beast to be, it's not something that people are tricked into doing, and I don't think the initial audience of Revelation would have understood it that way either. That's what's most relevant on a theology website. Instead, we are sidetracked into a discussion on how inevitable such a tracking program would be, and my only comment is that if this government couldn't even successfully set up a website for a healthcare exchange, I'd like to see how well they could successfully set up this sort of verification program.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The initial analysis seems correct that however we understand the mark of the beast to be, it's not something that people are tricked into doing, and I don't think the initial audience of Revelation would have understood it that way either. That's what's most relevant on a theology website. Instead, we are sidetracked into a discussion on how inevitable such a tracking program would be, and my only comment is that if this government couldn't even successfully set up a website for a healthcare exchange, I'd like to see how well they could successfully set up this sort of verification program.
    Agreed! The governments of Earth simply aren't competent enough! And a one world government seems unlikely to me. No one can get along well enough for that.