Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This probably won't be the mark of the Beast

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The initial analysis seems correct that however we understand the mark of the beast to be, it's not something that people are tricked into doing, and I don't think the initial audience of Revelation would have understood it that way either. That's what's most relevant on a theology website. Instead, we are sidetracked into a discussion on how inevitable such a tracking program would be, and my only comment is that if this government couldn't even successfully set up a website for a healthcare exchange, I'd like to see how well they could successfully set up this sort of verification program.
    That's a good point, but it depends on who implements the system. Governments, particularly US government, often use private contractors for these sort of things. To my knowledge, the Obamacare website was full US government ineptness in all its glory. I could be wrong, but if there had been a private company behind it, we would have heard about it. I would imagine a global project like this would be private for the most part with government oversight only.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    IMO, the mark of the beast is the opposite of the seal of God on the forehead. Those with the seal of God are protected while those with the mark of the beast are designated for punishment. (Rev 14:11, 16:2, 19:20, 20:4, 7:3, 9:4, 14:1, 22:4) etc.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's not the mark of the beast because I'm still here and haven't been raptured yet.

However, I DO believe this whole thing could be a judgment from God, one of the "birth pangs" that Jesus talks about.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There won't be any digital verification, etc when a vaccine comes out. Once there is a vaccine, it will be treated like any other disease with a vaccine like the flu. They will urge you to get the yearly shot. If you are at risk, your doctor will insist you get it. But it will be up to you.

That is my "prophesy"

This disease isn't like ebola or something. 99% of the people getting it recover just fine. All you antivaxxers can not get the shot if you want to and won't have to get a chip.

5. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    This disease isn't like ebola or something. 99% of the people getting it recover just fine.
    Governments aren't acting like that though. They're treating it like it's the end of world, and as a result, global industry and economy are being dramatically disrupted. My argument is that they'll treat the cure with the same sense of hysteria. Why wouldn't they? But, again, we'll see who's right.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Go look at all the horrible events in the twentieth century and then come back. If the human species went through a pandemic, a global depression, two world wars, the Cold War, and many genocides with out causing the end of the world, I doubt another pandemic will do it. The Black Death didn't do that and 8t was much worse than thos pandemic.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Go look at all the horrible events in the twentieth century and then come back. If the human species went through a pandemic, a global depression, two world wars, the Cold War, and many genocides with out causing the end of the world, I doubt another pandemic will do it. The Black Death didn't do that and 8t was much worse than thos pandemic.
    Who are you addressing here?

If this was addressed to me, I never said it was the end of the world. I said THEY'RE treating it that way. Let me break it down simplistically for the simplistic minds out there. I believe they're going completely overboard with the problem (in fact, they're making the economic circumstances worse with their hysterical and often pretty draconian actions), therefore, I believe they'll go overboard with the solution. Is that simple enough?
    Last edited by seanD; 03-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.

10. Amen Darfius amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    CBW, you do realize that seanD is saying this isn't a sign of the Mark of the Beast, right?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It's not the mark of the beast because I'm still here and haven't been raptured yet.

However, I DO believe this whole thing could be a judgment from God, one of the "birth pangs" that Jesus talks about.
    Mossy, the beast cannot come while you are threatening him with The Pin(TM).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    CBW, you do realize that seanD is saying this isn't a sign of the Mark of the Beast, right?
    She ain't that bright, bro.

As far as it being "the mark," I'm not 100% sure it is or isn't. I don't think it is, and I gave my reasons for it, and was hoping for others to share their reasons whether it might be or not.

It might not even be a chip implant. That was just thrown out there as an option, yet that might be too drastic. It might be something as simple as a bracelet you wear with a digital code. In fact, that makes more sense to me, because then the hysterical folks out in public buying tons of toilet paper could recognize whether you're a "threat" or not.

But, again, I could be wrong. We'll see.