Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

This probably won't be the mark of the Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go look at all the horrible events in the twentieth century and then come back. If the human species went through a pandemic, a global depression, two world wars, the Cold War, and many genocides with out causing the end of the world, I doubt another pandemic will do it. The Black Death didn't do that and 8t was much worse than thos pandemic.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Go look at all the horrible events in the twentieth century and then come back. If the human species went through a pandemic, a global depression, two world wars, the Cold War, and many genocides with out causing the end of the world, I doubt another pandemic will do it. The Black Death didn't do that and 8t was much worse than thos pandemic.
      Who are you addressing here?

If this was addressed to me, I never said it was the end of the world. I said THEY'RE treating it that way. Let me break it down simplistically for the simplistic minds out there. I believe they're going completely overboard with the problem (in fact, they're making the economic circumstances worse with their hysterical and often pretty draconian actions), therefore, I believe they'll go overboard with the solution. Is that simple enough?
      Last edited by seanD; 03-27-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

CBW, you do realize that seanD is saying this isn't a sign of the Mark of the Beast, right?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          It's not the mark of the beast because I'm still here and haven't been raptured yet.

However, I DO believe this whole thing could be a judgment from God, one of the "birth pangs" that Jesus talks about.
          Mossy, the beast cannot come while you are threatening him with The Pin(TM).

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            CBW, you do realize that seanD is saying this isn't a sign of the Mark of the Beast, right?
            She ain't that bright, bro.

As far as it being "the mark," I'm not 100% sure it is or isn't. I don't think it is, and I gave my reasons for it, and was hoping for others to share their reasons whether it might be or not.

It might not even be a chip implant. That was just thrown out there as an option, yet that might be too drastic. It might be something as simple as a bracelet you wear with a digital code. In fact, that makes more sense to me, because then the hysterical folks out in public buying tons of toilet paper could recognize whether you're a "threat" or not.

But, again, I could be wrong. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Mossy, the beast cannot come while you are threatening him with The Pin(TM).
              Not me. The Holy Spirit is restraining right now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not me. The Holy Spirit is restraining right now.

what was Moses telling you when he held the rod up with the serpent on the end? I thought your pin was a proxy for that rod.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  She ain't that bright, bro.

As far as it being "the mark," I'm not 100% sure it is or isn't. I don't think it is, and I gave my reasons for it, and was hoping for others to share their reasons whether it might be or not.

It might not even be a chip implant. That was just thrown out there as an option, yet that might be too drastic. It might be something as simple as a bracelet you wear with a digital code. In fact, that makes more sense to me, because then the hysterical folks out in public buying tons of toilet paper could recognize whether you're a "threat" or not.

But, again, I could be wrong. We'll see.
                  Why bring it up at all? And I am smart(145 on WISC verbal section at age 9). I just am not always good at picking up sarcasm . I am arguing against the hypothetical person that might actually believe the loony stuff you claim they might believe. Seriously, why even bring up something you don't actually think is legit? I put my silly threads in the poop deck! Or padded room if it's extra extra silly.
                  Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-27-2020, 02:24 PM.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    what was Moses telling you when he held the rod up with the serpent on the end? I thought your pin was a proxy for that rod.
                    No, The Pin™ came from my early days here at Tweb. It doesn't go back as far as Moses.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Why bring it up at all? And I am smart(145 on WISC verbal section at age 9). I just am not always good at picking up sarcasm . I am arguing against the hypothetical person that might actually believe the loony stuff you claim they might believe. Seriously, why even bring up something you don't actually think is legit? I put my silly threads in the poop deck! Or padded room if it's extra extra silly.
                      What do I not believe is legit? Please clarify.

Comment

No, The Pin™ came from my early days here at Tweb. It doesn't go back as far as Moses.

But you do

And even

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Governments aren't acting like that though. They're treating it like it's the end of world, and as a result, global industry and economy are being dramatically disrupted. My argument is that they'll treat the cure with the same sense of hysteria. Why wouldn't they? But, again, we'll see who's right.
                          if you listen to the news they are slowly backing off of the initial hysteria. They are lowering the overall mortality percentage, touting various treatments, talking about going back to work. I think once they find some confirmed treatments, and people know they can survive it if they end up in the hospital, they will go back to work, and once a vaccine is available, people will rush to take it. There won't be any need to force them, or track them. It won't be a plague anymore. It will just be another yearly flu. And I think it will become rare, like SARS. They say it doesn't mutate fast, so if enough people get vaccinated they could make it extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            if you listen to the news they are slowly backing off of the initial hysteria. They are lowering the overall mortality percentage, touting various treatments, talking about going back to work. I think once they find some confirmed treatments, and people know they can survive it if they end up in the hospital, they will go back to work, and once a vaccine is available, people will rush to take it. There won't be any need to force them, or track them. It won't be a plague anymore. It will just be another yearly flu. And I think it will become rare, like SARS. They say it doesn't mutate fast, so if enough people get vaccinated they could make it extinct.
                            Fair enough. But I didn't necessarily say they'd be forced to take a vaccine. Why do I have to repeat my OP again?

I argued that millions of fearful masses will clamor to get the vaccine willingly, but there will be a large part of the populace that refuses to get it for whatever reason, or they just might not have enough for everyone in the first wave of distribution (they have to track this somehow). Some might just object to the verification aspect of it and believe that's a bit too intrusive, or implied force. There will be discussions and debates about the legality of forcing folks who don't want it and how they can solve that problem. However, pressure from society alone, as well as the practicality of it will make it impossible not to participate at some point.

It's all hypothetical, obviously.

Comment

Fair enough. But I didn't necessarily say they'd be forced to take a vaccine. Why do I have to repeat my OP again?

I argued that millions of fearful masses will clamor to get the vaccine willingly, but there will be a large part of the populace that refuses to get it for whatever reason, or they just might not have enough for everyone in the first wave of distribution (they have to track this somehow). Some might just object to the verification aspect of it and believe that's a bit too intrusive, or implied force. There will be discussions and debates about the legality of forcing folks who don't want it and how they can solve that problem. However, pressure from society alone, as well as the practicality of it will make it impossible not to participate at some point.

It's all hypothetical, obviously.
                              no. I am from the future so I know.

timetravel.jpg

Comment

These bozos have no understanding that the economy has already seen a hit that will at the very least bring about times worse than the Great Depression and that making up money out of thin air as the Fed is doing is only kicking the can a few more inches down the road, sean. In their world, only Jews are accountable to God and America's hundreds of millions of dead babies (worldwide) are something God "winks at" (a Mandela'd phrase for my fans) because of Christ's blood or some such nonsense. Not in the Bible, but in their cowardly hearts and minds.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that though the virus appears to be real, the response to it has been unprecedented and extreme. I expect they will soon throw in the fog of war to cover the current gap between their claims and reality to bring about the scenario you suggest. John uses a word in Greek that implies the mark is both "in" those who take it and "on" them, which suggests a combination of a chip and some sort of tattoo proving possession of the chip to those without means of digital verification (useful for the social signaling that one is vaccinated).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X