Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidemiologist Drastically Reduces COVID-19 Estimates

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I suspect that's what I had in the Fall, when the doc told me "this stuff (cold/flu/cough) is staying on in people for over a month, when it used to be just about a week".
    A couple years ago, my dad had a cough that lasted for 3 months or so. This can happen any time. Again, I wonder how much this virus would have been found 4 or 5 months ago in the States. We just were not looking for it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    A couple years ago, my dad had a cough that lasted for 3 months or so. This can happen any time. Again, I wonder how much this virus would have been found 4 or 5 months ago in the States. We just were not looking for it.
    guys - there is a reason this is called the NOVEL coronavirus. It is new. It is not a flu virus. AFAIK, They are a completely different kind of virus. This virus evolved from a kind of virus that lives in bats or pangolins, and it evolved in China. The DNA has been sequenced and the mutations required to be transmissible in Humans identified. We know what it came from. And there is no evidence it has been floating around the world for months and months before this happened in China. If it had, given it's mortality and it's genome, we'd have noticed and we would know.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317175442.htm
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-26-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have you been checking for the rate of this virus in your part of the country?

I have wondered if this virus had been widespread in America during this whole season. It may not have become a headline until after the Wuhan events.

When was the last time you had bat for lunch? Haha. We may not have evidence that this came from bats--I have not looked into this nor do I plan to eat a bat stew.
    Considering the measures China took to suppress this, I wouldn't be surprised if it was "in the wild" long before the rest of the world knew the Chinese coronavirus was even a thing.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Considering the measures China took to suppress this, I wouldn't be surprised if it was "in the wild" long before the rest of the world knew the Chinese coronavirus was even a thing.
    There you go again - off with the paranoid conspiracy Thing. Again, we know its origin both genetically and geographically.

He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure why people don't like good news.
    I've been wondering that myself. Anytime something positive is posted concerning the Wuhan flu, folks like oxmixmudd and carpe run in yelling, "But look how scary these projections are!!!!" It's like the liberal pundit who suggested that conservatives and Republicans were more likely to get sick because our optimism would make us less cautious.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There you go again - off with the paranoid conspiracy Thing. Again, we know its origin both genetically and geographically.

Good grief you're ignorant, and dead set against the Chinese government being held accountable.

China lied, and people died. That's a fact. It's also a fact that this pandemic originated in China. It's called the Wuhan coronavirus. Period. China discovered evidence of this pneumonia-like illness in December and ordered its scientists to destroy samples. China dragged its feet when it came to informing the public. It kept information about human-to-human transmission buried. It kept medical crews in the dark and strong-armed doctors who were trying to do the right thing. But somehow, it's not China's fault. I cannot eye-roll hard enough. And remember, the World Health Organization pretty much spread Chinese misinformation in January...

The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China," the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

The Chinese government reportedly knew the disease was spreading before the tweet was sent, according to the South China Morning Post.

And yet, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus continues to praise China for its transparency over this fiasco, according to the Daily Caller. It all makes sense when you find out that China had backed Tedros' 2017 bid to be WHO director-general. Talk about quid pro quo, huh?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...virus-n2565648

Would it really kill you to admit that the Chinese government bears the lion's share of the blame for this?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It could well have been "in the wild" in the sense that AIDS was "in the wild" in the form of SIDS until it mutated and was able to spread to humans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This novel virus, whether because of Wuhan's reluctance to expose their incompetence to Bejing's attention, or just gross negligence overall in eating and cleaning habits, got out of control in China, and came into general population too easily because of carelessness and indifference. No conspiracy required.

Did we overreact? Maybe. Did politics take advantage of it? Very probably! Did the media feed into it? Absolutely!
    The whole picture will come out sooner or later. And people will point fingers and blame somebody. Waste of time.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It could well have been "in the wild" in the sense that AIDS was "in the wild" in the form of SIDS until it mutated and was able to spread to humans.
    Well, yes, it was a virus that infected animals and then mutated into something that could be transmitted to humans, which is what happened at the disgusting "wet markets" in Wuhan, China. The Chinese government didn't admit any knowledge of it until late December, but one wonders how long they really knew.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good grief you're ignorant, and dead set against the Chinese government being held accountable.

China lied, and people died. That's a fact. It's also a fact that this pandemic originated in China. It's called the Wuhan coronavirus. Period. China discovered evidence of this pneumonia-like illness in December and ordered its scientists to destroy samples. China dragged its feet when it came to informing the public. It kept information about human-to-human transmission buried. It kept medical crews in the dark and strong-armed doctors who were trying to do the right thing. But somehow, it's not China's fault. I cannot eye-roll hard enough. And remember, the World Health Organization pretty much spread Chinese misinformation in January...

The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China," the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

The Chinese government reportedly knew the disease was spreading before the tweet was sent, according to the South China Morning Post.

And yet, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus continues to praise China for its transparency over this fiasco, according to the Daily Caller. It all makes sense when you find out that China had backed Tedros' 2017 bid to be WHO director-general. Talk about quid pro quo, huh?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...virus-n2565648

Would it really kill you to admit that the Chinese government bears the lion's share of the blame for this?
    Several health experts have expressed dismay that the WHO accepted at face value the claim that there was no human-to-human transmission since it flew in the face of what little we did know about it at the time and pretty much everything we know about how these things are transmitted.

Some wonder just what role Director-General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, played in that decision since he is a fellow Marxist who in many ways owes China for his appointment to the position (they strongly backed him). He has been a leading voice in decrying of Trump's decision to halt travel from China into the U.S. proclaiming that it would increase "fear and stigma, with little public health benefit" and in complaining about referring to the disease as the Wuhan coronavirus or Chinese coronavirus.

Moreover, AFAICT, never admonished the Chicoms for their deliberate lying to the WHO about it not being transmitted human-to-human or criticised them for any of their other atrocious behavior. Instead he has been singing their praises for how they responded.
    Last edited by rogue06; 03-26-2020 at 03:08 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman