Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We're Number One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Number One!

The US has more corona virus cases than any other country in the world. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...of-coronavirus

I doubt if NPR is getting funds from China for publishing the fact that we have more cases than China. China has a larger population, and had the the unenviable situation of facing the novel (new) virus when it was really new, a novum.

Singapore and South Korea has done a good job,a model for other countries.

My question is whether Trump's example is one the world should follow for a future epidemic.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/covid-19-tracker/

Each day, we are treated to the evidence of how great a response the US is achieving in its war against the coronavirus by our war time president.

Each day we are treated to pleas by governors (like Gov Whitmer, who "just sits there and blames the federal government"), by hospital workers, for needed supplies. And NYC is storing bodies in refrigerated trucks because the morgues are full.

And each day we are seeing the results in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea.

And of course, Trump is doing a splendid job? https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/polit...nse/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      The US has more corona virus cases than any other country in the world. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...of-coronavirus

I doubt if NPR is getting funds from China for publishing the fact that we have more cases than China. China has a larger population, and had the the unenviable situation of facing the novel (new) virus when it was really new, a novum.

Singapore and South Korea has done a good job,a model for other countries.

My question is whether Trump's example is one the world should follow for a future epidemic.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/covid-19-tracker/
      You’re not very bright, are you? Do you want to take a guess why the coronavirus is less of a problem in the Southern Hemisphere or in the warmer climates? China has spent months lying about the virus and has been dealing with it, for months, so of course they will have more cases.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        You’re not very bright, are you?
        My mother calls me sunny!

Do you want to take a guess why the coronavirus is less of a problem in the Southern Hemisphere or in the warmer climates? China has spent months lying about the virus and has been dealing with it, for months, so of course they will have more cases.
        There is the possibility that temperature affects the persistence of the virus.

But in spite of those lies, the evidence is that the Chinese efforts have been successful.

I am sure that a person as bright as yourself will recognize the contradiction in you last sentence. They "will have more cases", of course..... But do they? Chines rate of new cases has plummeted, they have to worry about those entering the country now! In other words, travelers fro the US, which is now the epicenter of covid 19 epidemic.

Here is one covid 19 tracker: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/covid-19-tracker/

Comment

My mother calls me sunny!

There is the possibility that temperature affects the persistence of the virus.

But in spite of those lies, the evidence is that the Chinese efforts have been successful.

I am sure that a person as bright as yourself will recognize the contradiction in you last sentence. They "will have more cases", of course..... But do they? Chines rate of new cases has plummeted, they have to worry about those entering the country now! In other words, travelers fro the US, which is now the epicenter of covid 19 epidemic.

Here is one covid 19 tracker: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/covid-19-tracker/
          And here’s one that breaks it down to per 1 mil pop:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

New York City is the city of international business, has a huge urban population, and is the right temps for spread. China has also welded doors on houses shut, among other measures I doubt you want done here.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Troll thread.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Each day, we are treated to the evidence of how great a response the US is achieving in its war against the coronavirus by our war time president.

Each day we are treated to pleas by governors (like Gov Whitmer, who "just sits there and blames the federal government"), by hospital workers, for needed supplies. And NYC is storing bodies in refrigerated trucks because the morgues are full.

And each day we are seeing the results in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea.

And of course, Trump is doing a splendid job? https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/polit...nse/index.html
              From the onset of the Chicom coronavirus we were aware that at some point this would inevitably happen regardless of what was or wasn't done. Did your source (Chinese Communist News) mention that? The same folks who repeatedly condemned Trump's ban on air travel from China as racist despite Fauci's saying that if he had listened to the left "we would have had many, many more cases right here that we would have to be dealing with."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Troll thread.
                From a troll. Imagine my surprise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You’re not very bright, are you? Do you want to take a guess why the coronavirus is less of a problem in the Southern Hemisphere or in the warmer climates? China has spent months lying about the virus and has been dealing with it, for months, so of course they will have more cases.
                  Geography lesson: China is not in the Southern hemisphere, much of China the same latitude as the
                  USA and Europe, nor is most of China tropical. If the coronavirus has a seasonal factor. The Southern hemisphere may yet experience the pandemic.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

And hereÂ’s one that breaks it down to per 1 mil pop:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

New York City is the city of international business, has a huge urban population, and is the right temps for spread. China has also welded doors on houses shut, among other measures I doubt you want done here.

I know: But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But CHina, But China........

Do you think the only way to use social distancing is to weld doors shut? Yes China does bad things. Have not heard about man's fallen nature? So it should come as no surprise that bad things happen, especially in a country with totalitarian impulses.

New cases in the US are increasing, new cases in China are decreasing. Japan's covid 19 is not accelerating, South Korea is controlling rate.

Singapore, South Korea, and Japan are not totalitarian, and have implemented successful strategies. Other cities across the world which have significant air travel have managed the crisis effectively.

I know: But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China

Comment

I know: But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But Trump, But TRump, But Trump........
                      FIFY

Even when you feel compelled to pay lip service to mentioning the atrocious deliberate actions of the Chicoms you cannot help yourself but immediately pivot back to Orange Man Bad in the same breath.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Geography lesson: China is not in the Southern hemisphere, much of China the same latitude as the
                        USA and Europe, nor is most of China tropical. If the coronavirus has a seasonal factor. The Southern hemisphere may yet experience the pandemic.
                        China also:

Welded doors shut
                        Lied to the entire world, for months.

Likewise the US:

Is the largest western country.
                        Has lower, per one million, infections vs much of Europe.

Keep repeating that Chinese propaganda though!
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I know: But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But CHina, But China........

Do you think the only way to use social distancing is to weld doors shut? Yes China does bad things. Have not heard about man's fallen nature? So it should come as no surprise that bad things happen, especially in a country with totalitarian impulses.
                          You mean I don’t believe the word of one of the most repressive governments, in the world, that has lied to us all for the past 3 months about the very nature of this virus? Even going as far as to lie about human to human transmission back in January when they knew it was transmitting human to human, at least back in December. It’s truly amazing the effects TDS has on the brain, even defending the word of a government that is everything (and more) that they accuse Trump as being.

New cases in the US are increasing, new cases in China are decreasing. Japan's covid 19 is not accelerating, South Korea is controlling rate.
                          As I pointed out above (and you ignored).

US, per 1M population infections are well below much of Europe.
                          China are proven liars that lied to us all about the spread of this disease.
                          China has taken extreme measures, going as far as to weld doors shut, to enforce the rules.

We’ll ignore this so you can scream, “ORANGE MAN BAD!!!” for awhile, k?

Singapore, South Korea, and Japan are not totalitarian, and have implemented successful strategies. Other cities across the world which have significant air travel have managed the crisis effectively.
                          They also have populations willing to listen and not ignore rules too. I drove by a park, on my way to work, filled with children running and playing. You will not find that casual disregard in Singapore, Japan, or South Korea because they follow the rules and the laws (they are also rather racist and tend not to mingle with outsiders either). Again, details matter. Details you seem to choose to ignore.

I know: But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China, But China
                          Anything to defend China, eh? Has the check arrived yet?
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'll just leave this here.
                            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

A nurse whistleblower from China said that they had 90,000 cases back in January, when China was claiming 1,975 cases.

China has been lying and under reporting their cases from the start. I think we should up their reported number by a factor of 10.

Comment