Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We're Number One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    A nurse whistleblower from China said that they had 90,000 cases back in January, when China was claiming 1,975 cases.

China has been lying and under reporting their cases from the start. I think we should up their reported number by a factor of 10.
    I hope she said her goodbyes to her family and friends

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      A nurse whistleblower from China said that they had 90,000 cases back in January, when China was claiming 1,975 cases.

China has been lying and under reporting their cases from the start. I think we should up their reported number by a factor of 10.
      You mean the country that lied about human to human transmission, destroyed samples, prevented the virus from being studied internationally, and arrested doctors calling them out lied about their infection rate?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I hope she said her goodbyes to her family and friends
        Yeah, you want to talk about heroes, it's people who speak the truth knowing that it could cost them their lives.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yeah, you want to talk about heroes, it's people who speak the truth knowing that it could cost them their lives.
          That's what it means when someone says "speak truth to power"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            That's what it means when someone says "speak truth to power"
            And I truly hope the world learned something and beginnings to disassociate itself, from China.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              And I truly hope the world learned something and beginnings to disassociate itself, from China.
              Well, considering that we knew that we were dealing with a serious epidemic, the US took in citizens which were exposed, then took no isolation protocols. One does not need to be an epidemiologist to know that infected people should not wander around an airport.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/co...eal/index.html

The US is not much different than China in handling this response.

We could have learned something, but we looked at the mistakes and mis steps China made, and then duplicated those mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                Well, considering that we knew that we were dealing with a serious epidemic, the US took in citizens which were exposed, then took no isolation protocols. One does not need to be an epidemiologist to know that infected people should not wander around an airport.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/co...eal/index.html

The US is not much different than China in handling this response.

We could have learned something, but we looked at the mistakes and mis steps China made, and then duplicated those mistakes.
                As I have pointed out, China lied about this virus and was getting the WHO to spread this lie for them. Funny how you ignore that little detail.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

As I have pointed out, China lied about this virus and was getting the WHO to spread this lie for them. Funny how you ignore that little detail.
                  That still didn’t stop other countries from putting together some effective countermeasures.

Comment

Yes, I know. For months on end, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                      That still didn’t stop other countries from putting together some effective countermeasures.
                      Many countries are mudding through or do you not watch the news?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Yeah, speaking truth to power only costs them their careers under Trump. But of course that's the best he can manage at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Yeah, speaking truth to power only costs them their careers under Trump. But of course that's the best he can manage at this point.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Many countries are mudding through or do you not watch the news?
                            Right, Trump is not the only bumbler, just the biggest and continuous bumbler.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Right, Trump is not the only bumbler, just the biggest and continuous bumbler.
                              The US’s infection rate, per million, isn’t the best nor the worst. Looks like things are going the best they could. Only if China said something before vs hiding it and letting us all have to muddle through.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The US’s infection rate, per million, isn’t the best nor the worst. Looks like things are going the best they could. Only if China said something before vs hiding it and letting us all have to muddle through.
                                Yes, China lied, China covered-up, just like Mexico covered-up the swine flu, but covering up has nothing to do with the response after the cover-up is uncovered. And no, things are not going the best they could, if you want to see the best they could've gone, look to the results of S. Korea's fast response with respect to testing and containing. They didn't have to shut down the economy and pay out trillions in bailouts either.
                                Last edited by JimL; 04-05-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment