Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Just Curious ..

  1. #1
    Trucker
    Guest

    Just Curious ..

    How many,if any,of you folks have attended or participated in an 'Interfaith Dialog" session?

    Thanks for your comments and input.

  2. Amen Christian3 amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,178
    Amen (Given)
    13482
    Amen (Received)
    28245
    I checked in on one being held by the local "high church" ministers - the Christian ministers were basically caving to the guest Imam, agreeing that we're all climbing the same mountain, just from different directions.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  4. #3
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,431
    Amen (Given)
    1219
    Amen (Received)
    21657
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I checked in on one being held by the local "high church" ministers - the Christian ministers were basically caving to the guest Imam, agreeing that we're all climbing the same mountain, just from different directions.
    Kinda reminds me of the Wiccan I knew who once said that Wicca and Christianity were basically the same thing.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  5. #4
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,960
    Amen (Given)
    19744
    Amen (Received)
    3781
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the Wiccan I knew who once said that Wicca and Christianity were basically the same thing.
    I have a friend who said all religions are basically the same.

  6. #5
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,431
    Amen (Given)
    1219
    Amen (Received)
    21657
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I have a friend who said all religions are basically the same.
    00000000000000ab000-00aaaU.jpg
    And thus they can't all be true

    Scripture Verse:

    Jesus said to him, ďI am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

    -John 14:6

    © Copyright Original Source


    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  7. Amen Cerebrum123, 37818 amen'd this post.
  8. #6
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Okay, yeah, whatever, but the real question is how does this guy have an open thread with guest status?

    Y'all are going to give Thirsty ideas.

  9. #7
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22,535
    Amen (Given)
    17033
    Amen (Received)
    10423
    Guys, Trucker is a new member who has been having trouble logging in. I've been trying to help him and right now we are at the point where I have deleted his account and asked him to re-register.

    So please be patient in waiting for responses from him until we get him sorted out.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  10. Amen DesertBerean, Christian3 amen'd this post.
  11. #8
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Guys, Trucker is a new member who has been having trouble logging in. I've been trying to help him and right now we are at the point where I have deleted his account and asked him to re-register.

    So please be patient in waiting for responses from him until we get him sorted out.
    You are totally the best, mossy.

    It's times like these when I can almost forget that thing with the baby seals.

    And almost regret ever calling you the ancient of afternoons.

    Oh, and to answer the o/p, I do Unitarian, where every service is an exercise in interfaith dialog.

  12. #9
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22,535
    Amen (Given)
    17033
    Amen (Received)
    10423


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  13. #10
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,273
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    How many,if any,of you folks have attended or participated in an 'Interfaith Dialog" session?
    Sessions where the whole point is ''''''Christians'''''''''' caving in on Christianity? The real interfaith dialog was carried out centuries ago, "You're wrong, we are right", not trying to find some '''''''consensus''''''' to kumbaya over.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •