Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Just Curious ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Okay, yeah, whatever, but the real question is how does this guy have an open thread with guest status?
    Thanks for the reply.

To address your question: I am having all sorts of troubles trying to set up an account here at this time. The "guest
    issue is probably due to that. Bear with me please. I like what i'm see here and want so much to be a contributor here. If i drop out of sight, that is the reason. Sorry 'bout that.

The mods are working with me trying to solve my problem so hopefully they'll get it all straightened out soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Juvenal;722591]Okay, yeah, whatever, but the real question is how does this guy have an open thread with guest status?[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply and I can understand your concern. The post originally showed Trucker [that's] as the originator of this trhead.

Fact is, I'm having all sorts of problems trying to set up my account and get logged in here. The Mods are working with me so hopefully we'll get this all sorted out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Guys, Trucker is a new member who has been having trouble logging in. I've been trying to help him and right now we are at the point where I have deleted his account and asked him to re-register.

So please be patient in waiting for responses from him until we get him sorted out.
        And thank you so much for your patience and help. I'm trying!! I haVE emailed you and am now waiting for further instructions. As of right now I have not been able to completely do what you have asked me to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I checked in on one being held by the local "high church" ministers - the Christian ministers were basically caving to the guest Imam, agreeing that we're all climbing the same mountain, just from different directions.
          I attended one some time back. The Christian [??] partners there were from a theology department at a pretty well known college!! The Muslim "partners" who took part in the presentation were all parroting the party line as established by the Muslim Brotherhood!!!!

There is so much subtle deception in the Muslim's presentation that I would strongly advise anyone not pretty well familiar with the work of the Muslim Brotherhood and the blatant Orwellian Doublespeak language the Muslims there used .... STAY AWAY!!!

If/when we get my problems here straightened out I'll go into more details. Until then I need to work with the mods.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

It might be because I deleted his original account and made a new one for him, so that first account doesn't exist anymore. Would you be able to contact him another way and ask him if he is able to log on? He seems to think that someone has been playing games with him and that is certainly not the case. I have been trying to help him as much as I can.

It's best to not reply in an open post at this point. I hope you have another way to contact him.
            Just read your latest pm top me and follow the clarified instructions. Looks like you got it all fixed 'cause I'm logged in now per your instructions. I'm going to log out now and then try to log back in to double check.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Sessions where the whole point is ''''''Christians'''''''''' caving in on Christianity? The real interfaith dialog was carried out centuries ago, "You're wrong, we are right", not trying to find some '''''''consensus''''''' to kumbaya over.
              Actually the Inter Faith Dialog, AS IT EXISTS TODAY, is a fairly recent creation by the Muslim Brotherhood in conjunction with the OIC.

As I said in a different post, anyone not pretty well grounded in the Muslim Brotherhood and it's purpose here in the U.S.A ... STAY AWAY!

The stated purpose of the MB [Muslim Brotherhood] here in the USA is to destroy our society by our own hands [paraphrased]! And they have made great progress toward attaining that stated purpose!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post
                Thanks for the reply.

To address your question: I am having all sorts of troubles trying to set up an account here at this time. The "guest
                issue is probably due to that. Bear with me please. I like what i'm see here and want so much to be a contributor here. If i drop out of sight, that is the reason. Sorry 'bout that.

The mods are working with me trying to solve my problem so hopefully they'll get it all straightened out soon.
                Welcome aboard!

Find your way around. Meet some folks.

Mossy's not a mod, she's one of the owners!

Don't call her moosy ... she doesn't like that. Canadians. They can't even spell humor.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Find your way around. Meet some folks.

Mossy's not a mod, she's one of the owners!

Don't call her moosy ... she doesn't like that. Canadians. They can't even spell humor.

I can see this, you know.

By the by, you know you aren't supposed to be posting in here, right?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And now I too know! By golly a feller can learn something every day if a feller just read and listens to people smarter than the feller!!

Comment

And now I too know! By golly a feller can learn something every day if a feller just reads and listens to people smarter than the feller!!

Comment

It might be because I deleted his original account and made a new one for him, so that first account doesn't exist anymore. Would you be able to contact him another way and ask him if he is able to log on? He seems to think that someone has been playing games with him and that is certainly not the case. I have been trying to help him as much as I can.

It's best to not reply in an open post at this point. I hope you have another way to contact him.
                        We can contact now via PM's. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post
                            How many,if any,of you folks have attended or participated in an 'Interfaith Dialog" session?

Thanks for your comments and input.
                            One of my Pastors who is now retired had a program on Islam. I think he wanted everyone to know that Muslims are peaceful and for the most part they are. But the program did not address the radical Muslims. He had a Muslim woman who showed up in the last session and she had pamphlets promoting Islam which attacked the beliefs of Christianity. I tried to get the Pastor to address those pamphlets, but he refused.

Our current Pastor is promoting universalism and this Pastor does not believe that Jesus is the only way to God and he is convincing others to believe it as well.

My church is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                              One of my Pastors who is now retired had a program on Islam. I think he wanted everyone to know that Muslims are peaceful and for the most part they are. But the program did not address the radical Muslims. He had a Muslim woman who showed up in the last session and she had pamphlets promoting Islam which attacked the beliefs of Christianity. I tried to get the Pastor to address those pamphlets, but he refused.

Our current Pastor is promoting universalism and this Pastor does not believe that Jesus is the only way to God and he is convincing others to believe it as well.

My church is in trouble.
                              You probably know what my response will be. I suggest you find another church .... yesterday if at all possible for you!!

It's sad that so many Christians are so blase regarding Islam! I suppose much of it simply the old "Ignore it and it will go away" thingie. Islam is here. It's now! And it's far more advanced in this society than most American's are aware.

Comment

I've got bifocal reading glasses now. So can I.

By the by, you know you aren't supposed to be posting in here, right?

Well, ya know, I haven't used it in quite a while, but I did have an exception with the usual caveat that I'd post from a theistic point of view or at least not antagonistic to it. I asked for it at the time to post the muslim forum because I'd lived in muslim countries for years, but it was extended to all of World Religions.

At the pleasure of the new owners, I'd like to have the same courtesy extended again.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X