Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Curious ..

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Sessions where the whole point is ''''''Christians'''''''''' caving in on Christianity? The real interfaith dialog was carried out centuries ago, "You're wrong, we are right", not trying to find some '''''''consensus''''''' to kumbaya over.
    Actually the Inter Faith Dialog, AS IT EXISTS TODAY, is a fairly recent creation by the Muslim Brotherhood in conjunction with the OIC.

As I said in a different post, anyone not pretty well grounded in the Muslim Brotherhood and it's purpose here in the U.S.A ... STAY AWAY!

The stated purpose of the MB [Muslim Brotherhood] here in the USA is to destroy our society by our own hands [paraphrased]! And they have made great progress toward attaining that stated purpose!!

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

To address your question: I am having all sorts of troubles trying to set up an account here at this time. The "guest
    issue is probably due to that. Bear with me please. I like what i'm see here and want so much to be a contributor here. If i drop out of sight, that is the reason. Sorry 'bout that.

The mods are working with me trying to solve my problem so hopefully they'll get it all straightened out soon.
    Welcome aboard!

Find your way around. Meet some folks.

Mossy's not a mod, she's one of the owners!

Don't call her moosy ... she doesn't like that. Canadians. They can't even spell humor.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Find your way around. Meet some folks.

Mossy's not a mod, she's one of the owners!

Don't call her moosy ... she doesn't like that. Canadians. They can't even spell humor.

I can see this, you know.

By the by, you know you aren't supposed to be posting in here, right?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    And now I too know! By golly a feller can learn something every day if a feller just read and listens to people smarter than the feller!!

5. Amen mossrose, Christian3 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And now I too know! By golly a feller can learn something every day if a feller just reads and listens to people smarter than the feller!!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It might be because I deleted his original account and made a new one for him, so that first account doesn't exist anymore. Would you be able to contact him another way and ask him if he is able to log on? He seems to think that someone has been playing games with him and that is certainly not the case. I have been trying to help him as much as I can.

It's best to not reply in an open post at this point. I hope you have another way to contact him.
    We can contact now via PM's. Thanks for your help.

8. Amen Trucker, mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    How many,if any,of you folks have attended or participated in an 'Interfaith Dialog" session?

Thanks for your comments and input.
    One of my Pastors who is now retired had a program on Islam. I think he wanted everyone to know that Muslims are peaceful and for the most part they are. But the program did not address the radical Muslims. He had a Muslim woman who showed up in the last session and she had pamphlets promoting Islam which attacked the beliefs of Christianity. I tried to get the Pastor to address those pamphlets, but he refused.

Our current Pastor is promoting universalism and this Pastor does not believe that Jesus is the only way to God and he is convincing others to believe it as well.

My church is in trouble.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    One of my Pastors who is now retired had a program on Islam. I think he wanted everyone to know that Muslims are peaceful and for the most part they are. But the program did not address the radical Muslims. He had a Muslim woman who showed up in the last session and she had pamphlets promoting Islam which attacked the beliefs of Christianity. I tried to get the Pastor to address those pamphlets, but he refused.

Our current Pastor is promoting universalism and this Pastor does not believe that Jesus is the only way to God and he is convincing others to believe it as well.

My church is in trouble.
    You probably know what my response will be. I suggest you find another church .... yesterday if at all possible for you!!

It's sad that so many Christians are so blase regarding Islam! I suppose much of it simply the old "Ignore it and it will go away" thingie. Islam is here. It's now! And it's far more advanced in this society than most American's are aware.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I've got bifocal reading glasses now. So can I.

By the by, you know you aren't supposed to be posting in here, right?

Well, ya know, I haven't used it in quite a while, but I did have an exception with the usual caveat that I'd post from a theistic point of view or at least not antagonistic to it. I asked for it at the time to post the muslim forum because I'd lived in muslim countries for years, but it was extended to all of World Religions.

At the pleasure of the new owners, I'd like to have the same courtesy extended again.