Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 189

Thread: Church nonessential?

  1. #161
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,628
    Amen (Given)
    1223
    Amen (Received)
    21697
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Remember that church was nonessential?
    Never miss an opportunity to do you sporty? And strange that it is almost always also a shot at Christianity as well. Funny that.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #162
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,011
    Amen (Given)
    5511
    Amen (Received)
    23691
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Nearly everyone I know that has skewl age children is having to home school. Some but not all get very brief lesson plans from the skewl but still have to do all the teaching themselves.
    Schools were the first things to shut down.

    (and I hope Juvy knows I am just teasing him)

  3. #163
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,170
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah but I work in IT and IT is essential.
    2020-04-06_16-15-36.jpg

    Don't make me laugh.

  4. #164
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,545
    Amen (Given)
    714
    Amen (Received)
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Thanks Captain Obvious.
    Well hey, at least I'm not a Pirate Captain Obvious!
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  5. #165
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,295
    Amen (Given)
    6598
    Amen (Received)
    8102
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Never miss an opportunity to do you sporty? And strange that it is almost always also a shot at Christianity as well. Funny that.
    Is simplicio a sock puppet of Charles? Their posting style is suspiciously similar.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. #166
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,150
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Is simplicio a sock puppet of Charles? Their posting style is suspiciously similar.
    Slick06 made the comment the we need to remember what was essential and nonessential when we get through this. His words, his argument.

  7. #167
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,628
    Amen (Given)
    1223
    Amen (Received)
    21697
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Slick06 made the comment the we need to remember what was essential and nonessential when we get through this. His words, his argument.
    And sporty's ing

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  8. #168
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,150
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick06 View Post
    And sporty's ing
    With trolling being defined as daring to point out a flaw in your argument.

  9. #169
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,628
    Amen (Given)
    1223
    Amen (Received)
    21697
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    With trolling being defined as daring to point out a flaw in your argument.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight sporty smiley snicker.gif

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  10. #170
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,489
    Amen (Given)
    32
    Amen (Received)
    1401
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    As a New Yorker, I think people are seeing this as Upstate NY sacrificing for NYC. I watched some of today's briefing as well (until the spousal over unit couldn't take anymore) and one thing that struck me is how much Cuomo's talk focused on NYC. One slide he showed was all NYC scenes. Yes, that's the greatest need right now, yet there are over 300 cases in my county right now and I've heard concerns on the radio that the ventilators we need are going to go to the city instead. So is Cuomo focused on the state or the city? I don't get a sense from his briefings that he's concerned about any part of the state outside of the city.
    While I can understand the feelings, the fact is that over 120K of New York's 131K infection are in five counties in and around NYC. I can imagine, as governor, he's going to distribute his focus based on need. Right now, the need in NYC is ginormous. Since ventilators are in short supply, odds are that every county is going to experience a lack.

    BTW - I'm not from the NYC area. I'm your neighbor across the lake in Vermont!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •