Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facts and science or anointed handkerchiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the virus a sign of God’s displeasure? If so, what’s He not happy about, and how is He to be appeased?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Is the virus a sign of God’s displeasure? If so, what’s He not happy about, and how is He to be appeased?
      Easy questions, my friend.

He is not happy with the Jews, who rejected the Son. And now the corona virus is in the synagogues (sin-of-Gog, get it?) https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/cons...hment-from-god

He is not happy with the whole LGBTQ thing either, and sent the virus to take out an LGBTQ lawyer in an act of perfect divine judgement.

He is appeased by the deaths of the Jews who reject Him, and the gays who flout his morality. Corona virus is G-d's judgement, sent to wake people up, a warning just before he snatches up the good Christians up to keep them from the really bad wrath.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        Easy questions, my friend.

He is not happy with the Jews, who rejected the Son. And now the corona virus is in the synagogues (sin-of-Gog, get it?) https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/cons...hment-from-god

He is not happy with the whole LGBTQ thing either, and sent the virus to take out an LGBTQ lawyer in an act of perfect divine judgement.

He is appeased by the deaths of the Jews who reject Him, and the gays who flout his morality. Corona virus is G-d's judgement, sent to wake people up, a warning just before he snatches up the good Christians up to keep them from the really bad wrath.
        Ask a fool's question. Get a fool's answer.

Comment

As is usually the case, I agree with Matt Walsh: "This is not Health and Safety, It's Tyranny."
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            This is a bit of the question we are examining in other threads. So far it seems that we have the equivalent of a season like unto a severe flu situation.
            How often has a flu season inundated hospitals such that the flow of dead from bed to morgue to mortician to cemetery is overwhelmed? NYC is asking for volunteers with minivans to haul the dead away, dead are lined up in hallways and laying on floors.

And of course, Governors are just crybabies, asking for stuff they don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Lots of idiots on the fringes and some not so much on the fringes like Thailand's health minister Anutin Charnvirakul claiming that whites (who he says are dirty and "never shower") are to blame for spreading the Chicom coronavirus.
              So Thailand has their own Trump types.
              From this I guess we can safely presume that you must think whites are dirty, never shower and are responsible from spreading the Chicom coronavirus.

No denial?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How often has a flu season inundated hospitals such that the flow of dead from bed to morgue to mortician to cemetery is overwhelmed? NYC is asking for volunteers with minivans to haul the dead away, dead are lined up in hallways and laying on floors.

And of course, Governors are just crybabies, asking for stuff they don't need.
                You were just on the thread about the lies of the media. I guess you are saying that they just are leaving the dead lined up in the hallways with no intent to move them during the daylight hours. The video outside of the hospital showed next to no activity. How do you explain that?

You should have seen the numbers. If there were 1500 who died in the last two weeks. That is a hundred dead per day. The bodies would have to be moved as quickly. That is 10 bodies per hour on a 10 hour day. The hospital would then be able to handle a hundred new cases a day. This would involve many ambulances, taxis, and cars. How are the new patients getting there? Why don't we see this happening in 2 hours of video? I simply can not figure out the logic that you are relying upon.

Yes governors are just cry babies. Nothing new about that. Maybe in your world they are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr slick View Post
                  No denial?
                  Like I said, you have modeled your apologetic approach flawlessly.

Comment

Again, no denial.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      ... but if this continues for months, I think Christians will be right to stop taking "no" for an answer for church attendance.
                      Science doesn't care whether you take its answers or not.

Comment

Again, no denial.
                        We caught the trolling the first time, but thanks for the repeats, Captain O.

Comment

what approach is that? And how do you know MS didn't model his after rogue?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                            Science doesn't care whether you take its answers or not.
                            "Science" can't be an end in itself; whatever conclusions can be drawn from it have to be modeled in a real world where economic concerns present separate issues such as homelessness and hunger, which are already coming to pass in parts of Eastern Kentucky where the economy is almost entirely dependent on the government and service economy. These present public health concerns that I don't see considered in any models I've seen, which is why I suspect "economy" has been turned into a scareword where anybody who utters it is stigmatized as uncaring; because scientists seem unwilling to live with its implications.)

(Also, from a purely public health standpoint, it would seem obviously effective to microchip every American citizen with their medical/genetic history, but I think societywould be right to push back.)
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Well, I did not mean to be unfair, but I have talked to people who seem to think only Christians should have that right (because they are right, important to society and the rest, while people like me are just spreading falsehoods and stuff like that). I did not mean to imply you were think along those lines and I am sorry if it appeared like that.

Perhaps the last question is the most important then. Since we can then all meet again, how do you deal with the consequences it is going to have and how would you explain that you put other people's lives at risk in order to worship a God who also told you to take care of those in need and who will now be exposed to danger?
                              We don't actually know how this will play out months from now so I hardly want to speculate based on data that don't currently exist, but as I alluded to in my other reply posted several minutes ago, I suspect that a mass lockdown lasting that long would have economic implications that would be just as harmful toward public health in the long run, especially if people are nonetheless catching the virus despite all of this. I find it troubling that government officials seem to be gradually pushing back expected dates of release (though to lay my cards on the table, I trust nothing the CDC has to say at this point in time given their brazen flipflopping about masks). Thus, I would have no qualms about proclaiming that at that point in time, our duty to God to not forsake meeting together does not outweigh following measures that I would consider ineffective and counterproductive at that point in time.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment