Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

20 Jan 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Your quote proves me right. He was just being hopeful and stating his wishes. But he also said he was going to talk to the experts. The 15 days were just a test to see how social isolation worked. It was an experiment. At the end, they evaluated the results and decided to extend the time frame. This was all the CDC's plan, not Trumps.
    The 15 days were not a test, the 15 days, as you affirmed, was simply Trumps personal prediction. Just like when he asserted that there are 15 confirmed cases today and in a week or so there will be zero cases, or when he said it will be all over by April. You can't set a evaluation date, they are evaluating the statistics every day and Trump should keep quiet since he obviously has no idea what he is talking about and is misinforming the public when he says stupid stuff. Ya know, there are people out there that actually take him seriously, and his spreading of that kind of ignorance doesn't help.

Comment

DR. FAUCI: He’ll be back in a sec. He’ll be back in a second. I think the question that I think maybe John asked about — until July: The guidelines are a 15-day trial guideline to be reconsidering. It isn’t that these guidelines are now going to be in effect until July.
      https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ay_update.html
      From your source he did not say it was a trial. He said we 'can turn the corner and turn it quickly.' He referred to a promising clinical trial.

Source: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/16/full_press_conference_president_trump_coronavirus_task_force_give_monday_update.html

"With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner and turn it quickly. A lot of progress has been made. I’m also pleased to report today that a vaccine candidate has begun the phase one clinical trial. This is one of the fastest vaccine development launches in history. Not even close. We’re also racing to develop antiviral therapies and other treatments. And we’ve had some promising results — early results, but promising — to reduce the severity and the duration of the synd- — of the symptoms."

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-03-2020, 06:24 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        From your source he did not say it was a trial. He said we 'can turn the corner and turn it quickly.' He referred to a promising clinical trial.

Source: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/16/full_press_conference_president_trump_coronavirus_task_force_give_monday_update.html

"With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner and turn it quickly. A lot of progress has been made. I’m also pleased to report today that a vaccine candidate has begun the phase one clinical trial. This is one of the fastest vaccine development launches in history. Not even close. We’re also racing to develop antiviral therapies and other treatments. And we’ve had some promising results — early results, but promising — to reduce the severity and the duration of the synd- — of the symptoms."

Then he makes the possible impossible predictions that there could be 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities from the coronavirus.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Then he makes the possible impossible predictions that there could be 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities from the coronavirus.
          Ever notice with Trump that everything is always the biggist in history, the fastest in history, has never before been seen in history, no one has ever seen anything like it in history? If he wasn't actually president, everyone would recognize him for the carnival barker that he is.

Comment

that's something different. The reference to the 15-day trial was in regards to social isolation and staying home. Your quote is about how long it takes for a vaccine to be developed which is 12-18 MONTHS.

Comment

that's something different. The reference to the 15-day trial was in regards to social isolation and staying home. Your quote is about how long it takes for a vaccine to be developed which is 12-18 MONTHS.
              A 15 day trial makes no sense in the first place, Sparko. The virus and its spread are being evaluated every day.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                A 15 day trial makes no sense in the first place, Sparko. The virus and its spread are being evaluated every day.
                Then why were they talking about the 15 day stay at home/ social isolation and Trump was talking about opening up the country again?

Stop smoking the wacky weed Jim.

Comment

Then why were they talking about the 15 day stay at home/ social isolation and Trump was talking about opening up the country again?

Stop smoking the wacky weed Jim.
                  He wasn't talking about a 15 day stay at home, he was simply talking about evaluating the situation in 2 weeks to see if he could open the country again, but like I said, that evaluation is taking place every day. He simply wants to open up the country again, so he's setting a 2 week time limit in his own mind. Btw, that was a week ago, now they are saying that the next 2 weeks are going to be the worst yet. Trump simply has no idea what he's talking about and he, and the country, would be much better off if he would stop blabbing his nonsense and let the experts in the field do the talking instead of muzzling them like he did to Dr. Fauci at yesterdays press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    He wasn't talking about a 15 day stay at home, he was simply talking about evaluating the situation in 2 weeks to see if he could open the country again, but like I said, that evaluation is taking place every day. He simply wants to open up the country again, so he's setting a 2 week time limit in his own mind. Btw, that was a week ago, now they are saying that the next 2 weeks are going to be the worst yet. Trump simply has no idea what he's talking about and he, and the country, would be much better off if he would stop blabbing his nonsense and let the experts in the field do the talking instead of muzzling them like he did to Dr. Fauci at yesterdays press conference.
                    Where have you been? They were talking about the "15-days to slow the spread" for weeks. They even had a flyer.

Comment

Where have you been? They were talking about the "15-days to slow the spread" for weeks. They even had a flyer.

you'll have to excuse JimL he is under the impression he does not need to think for himself and prefers to let others tell him what to think instead of listening to what is actually being said and seeing what is actually being done and making up his own mind on what the truth is.

Comment