Thread: 20 Jan 2020

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

20 Jan 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ealth-disaster

On 20 Jan, the US had its first case. On the same day, South Korea had its first case. And Trump's response has bee great, just great, proving Trump's abilities as a wartime president.

But at some point we will have to ask whether Trump has been effective.

“The US response will be studied for generations as a textbook example of a disastrous, failed effort,” Ron Klain, who spearheaded the fight against Ebola in 2014, told a Georgetown university panel recently. “What’s happened in Washington has been a fiasco of incredible proportions.”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As long as Trump lets others decide what needs to be done, things will be fine. He seems to be doing so, like when he was going around saying he was going to open up the country by Easter and then walked it back on the advice of the doctors. So while he likes to talk and say stupid things, he does listen to those who know what is going on.

3. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    As long as Trump lets others decide what needs to be done, things will be fine. He seems to be doing so, like when he was going around saying he was going to open up the country by Easter and then walked it back on the advice of the doctors. So while he likes to talk and say stupid things, he does listen to those who know what is going on.
    Unfortunately he started listening way too late. And I would not rest assured he will continue to listen to experts. I sure hope so.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Unfortunately he started listening way too late. And I would not rest assured he will continue to listen to experts. I sure hope so.
    Everything that is being done, is being run by others. Trump isn't doing anything but jabbering on TV. Which I think is for the best. I think the only thing he is doing is calling up companies to get them to make masks and ventilators and threatening them with the DPA if they don't. Which is also a good thing.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Everything that is being done, is being run by others. Trump isn't doing anything but jabbering on TV. Which I think is for the best. I think the only thing he is doing is calling up companies to get them to make masks and ventilators and threatening them with the DPA if they don't. Which is also a good thing.
    The Commander in Chief is supposed to lead and not hideout in the bilge.

Trump's phony claim that that the coronavirus be resolves by Easter was sent out to government workers like laid off form the 2020 Census had to be retracted.

Then there is Fauci's phony baloney claim for 100,000 to 200,000 deaths for the USA. When the coronavirus naturally takes its course and passes in May or June with significant casualties. Trump will do a victory dance claiming he prevented between 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-30-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

7. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The Commander in Chief is supposed to lead and not hideout in the bilge.
    LOL you all complain that he should let the experts take control, and when he does, you say he isn't doing enough. He is leading and delegating. He is letting the experts do their job.

Trump's phony claim that that the coronavirus be resolves by Easter was sent out to government workers like laid off form the 2020 Census had to be retracted.
    huh? He said he hopes they could start reopening some parts of the country by Easter, not that it would be resolved. And he said he would talk to the experts and go by what they say.

Then there is Fauci's phony baloney claim for 100,000 to 200,000 deaths for the USA. When the coronavirus naturally takes its course and passes in May or June with significant casualties. Trump will do a victory dance claiming he prevented between 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.
    So when Trump is overly optimistic and says it will be over soon, you complain he is giving false hope and lying. If they claim something dire like 100-200K people could die, you guys claim he is being too negative so he can claim victory later if it's not as bad as he said.

9. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Exactly. What Trump says is not nearly as important as what he actually does.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Exactly. What Trump says is not nearly as important as what he actually does.
    His biggest problem is he can't just answer a question succinctly. He has to ramble on and on, repeating himself several times, thinking of something and going on a tangent, then saying something stupid. He is a horrible public speaker. When he is talking one on one in an interview he does great. The more he rambles, the more fodder he gives the MSM.
    Last edited by Sparko; 03-30-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    His biggest problem is he can't just answer a question succinctly. He has to ramble on and on, repeating himself several times, thinking of something and going on a tangent, then saying something stupid. He is a horrible public speaker. When he is talking one on one in an interview he does great. The more he rambles, the more fodder he gives the MSM.
    His campaign speeches can be good but those on single topics like this, not so much.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    His campaign speeches can be good but those on single topics like this, not so much.
    Link to a vid or transcript of what you consider a “good” Trump speech. I’d love to see that.

14. Amen JimL amen'd this post.