Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Even Now The Press Is Lying...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    These are merely some of the examples from just the previous week when I posted this. Since then they continue unabated

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Both my TV and internet are acting up so I'm experiencing long pauses every dozen seconds or so, so this wrt to Trump calling the coronavirus a hoax will have to do -- and this just covers the past week.

Just yesterday on MSNBC Live, the host, and NBC News Senior Business correspondent, Stephanie Ruhle was pushing the hoax myth (which has been debunked by such bastions of right wing thought as Snopes and the Washington Post among others) saying that "a few weeks ago the president was calling this a hoax" in reference to the Chicom coronavirus.

Likewise, a week ago Lawrence O’Donnell the host of that network's The Last Word continued to push this story "and now [the President] falsely claims he always knew it would be a pandemic even when he said it was a hoax."

A couple days ago AOC was on CNN with Jake Tapper he allowed her to repeated claim that Trump called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax, never once challenging her and quickly changing the subject when she finally paused.

He took heat for his and rationalized his failure in a tweet:

Over on ABC's The View, which the New York Times called the "most important political talk show in America" and last week Whoopi Goldberg informed viewers that China never blamed the U.S. military for giving them the Chicom coronavirus) co-host Sunny Hostin has repeatedly pushed the discredited allegation that Trump said that the virus was a hoax including this week.

[*Preparing for carpe's trademark hand waving dismissal in 3... 2... 1...*]
    As I said the efforts by the MSM to continue to spread this falsehood goes on. Here are a few more recent examples since I posted this just four days ago.

This past Sunday on CNN's ironically named Reliable Sources David Remnick, a reporter as well as editor for the New Yorker, repeated the long since discredited falsehood that Trump called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax among a slew of other over the top ridiculous statements. Needless to say the host of the show, Brian Stelter, not only allowed the accusation to go unchallenged but appeared to agree with him (although his response could have been to the entire rant -- which included the discredited "hoax" charge at the end of it).

Also this weekend on CNN Jake Tapper, who has previously admitted that Trump never called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax (see tweet in previous post I linked to) nevertheless promoted the lie that he did when he asked the governor of Nebraska Pete Ricketts "does your state think this is a hoax?"

Again on ABC's The View, which is a real hotbed for disinformation, the journalist Lisa Ling, a former co-host of the show who currently hosts a show on CNN, proclaimed that Trump had called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax[1].

She has also propagated the same nonsense on Instagram

And in the New York Times Paul Krugman declared Saturday:

"Let me summarize the Trump administration/right-wing media view on the coronavirus: It’s a hoax, or anyway no big deal."

1. She also bizarrely declared that Trump was the "only person" to have called it the "Chinese virus" apparently overlooking that the term was commonly used by the MSM up until the Chinese government ordered them to stop. I've posted a link to a video of literally dozens of examples of it being used by them several times and noted that even Asian news services called it the Chinese or Wuhan virus
    Since my last post on this just 3 days ago the MSM remains determinedly resolute in spreading this falsehood that has been terminally rebuted by such groups as Snopes, Washington Post and AP among others.
    The day after I posted this, while talking about having becoming infected with the Chicom coronavirus, the host of CNN's Prime Time, Chris "Fredo" Cuomo used the opportunity to bring up the long debunked claim that Trump had called it a hoax.

Cuomo proclaimed that he wished he had become infected earlier so that

I would have had a different platform to jump on the President playing it as a hoax and playing politics with this.

While I sincerely hope you get better, the only thing that Trump referred to as a "hoax" when talking about the virus was the Democratic and MSM (I repeat myself since that's a distinction without a difference) narrative that he wasn’t taking it seriously.

After he finished and the program was shifting to CNN Tonight the host, Don "Black Hole" Lemon continued in the same vein agreeing with Cuomo's statement that he wished he got it sooner so that

...you could have called the President out in real-time and said, “Hey, mister, this is no hoax, this is no Democratic hoax, no matter how you try to describe it

Shortly afterwards, Lemon doubled down and again declared that Trump had called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax saying, "Does he think that we've all forgotten that he called the coronavirus a hoax?"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen mikewhitney, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Kid dies twice from Coronavirus

Poor kid dies twice from covid-19 with two different names

mediaLies14yearold_small.jpg

I don't have the same image for abdulwahab but I did find the image at dailymail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Portugal.html

https://wikifoxnews.com/ismail-mohamed-abdulwahab/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Poor kid dies twice from covid-19 with two different names

mediaLies14yearold_small.jpg

I don't have the same image for abdulwahab but I did find the image at dailymail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Portugal.html

https://wikifoxnews.com/ismail-mohamed-abdulwahab/
    Also, the one version of the story offhandedly mentions that he had psoriasis which is an autoimmune disease and would certainly make a person susceptible to something like a coronovirus.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This dummy posed as a real patient for the news on the weekend.
    MannequinDummyPassedAsRealNews.jpg

There was no indication that this was stock footage. This video was pulled after the weekend because there was quite a twitter about it. But Twitter also was blocking the re-tweets. Why would Twitter need to block the fact that a news station put out faulty news? Shouldn't people be able to point out ways that the news stations lie? (This video by the news media is as bad for the news media as plagiarism is in scientific works.)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You certainly seem to be one such person, obsessed with your own expectations to the exclusion of all evidence.

Just so we're clear, what exactly are you saying? That in every country in the world, almost all hospitals, medical professionals, media people, and politicians, are faking their numbers and lying to the general public about Covid, and that there is actually no epidemic? That nobody is dying from it and that morgues in every country in the world are lying about the bodies in them?

Trump is now talking about 100,000-200,000 US deaths as an optimistic scenario. Is he lying too?

p.s. Here's some footage from inside Jamaica hospital in Queens, New York City
    I am certainly flattered with the attention you give to me when you are discussing this topic. However, the topic of the thread was not about me -- the mass media has not aired anything about me. The issue of the thread is about the media lying. Do you justify their use of deception and lies? Shouldn't you be able to say "the media certainly was lying but this is good and justified because otherwise people won't listen?" Or, do you think somehow that these discoveries are incorrect?

Why does the mainstream media justify its lies? What does the lying mean for those who hear and see these news shows?
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Or, do you think somehow that these discoveries are incorrect?
    This option.

I think 99%+ of what you have written in this forum in the past month is incorrect.

And when people challenge you on your crazy claims, you seem to respond with rambling claims about media lying, numbers being false etc. Seek mental help, seriously.

8. Amen EvoUK amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    This option.

I think 99%+ of what you have written in this forum in the past month is incorrect.

And when people challenge you on your crazy claims, you seem to respond with rambling claims about media lying, numbers being false etc. Seek mental help, seriously.
    I value your opinion. It shows how difficult the task is to make people think through things that conflict with their biases.

If you at least acknowledged that the mainstream media has pushed through many blatant fraudulent news stories, it would reassure people that you have a degree of sanity.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-07-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You’d think that in the time of a pandemic, the liberal media would be, I don’t know—better. Yeah, no. It’s still bad. In fact, it may be worse in the sense that these clowns are now peddling Chinese communist propaganda; does anyone really think China hasn’t seen any more Wuhan coronavirus deaths? Does anyone really believe that? It doesn’t matter. It makes Trump look bad, so share it. For CBS News, they decided to go for the gold, peddling a story about a nurse, Imaras Veras, who claims to have quit her job because of the lack of personal protection equipment in the hospitals and how America is unprepared. Her video was shared by Sen. Bernie Sanders. It’s made the rounds, and it’s not accurate. The Federalist delivered the kill shot on this...

“America is not prepared, and nurses are not being protected,” said the ICU nurse in the video. “I quit my job today. I went into work and I was assigned to a COVID patient on an ICU unit that has been converted to a designated COVID unit. None of the nurses are wearing masks.”

[…]

Prior to CBS picking up this video, Imaris posted on her public Facebook page that she has anxiety and bi-polar depression and had not been an employee at the hospital for over a year. She mentioned in her post that she was unsure if she was ready to return to her job.

What a train wreck, but remember—if anything appears to hurt Trump or make his administration or the Wuhan coronavirus task force look bad—these enemies of the people will post it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-news-n2566434

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I value your opinion. It shows how difficult the task is to make people think through things that conflict with their biases.

If you at least acknowledged that the mainstream media has pushed through many blatant fraudulent news stories, it would reassure people that you have a degree of sanity.
    You're a Trumpster. Case closed! With Trump you don't have to go searching for possible fake news, you only have to wait for him to open his mouth. There is no point in debating an issue with one who is a biased hypocrite concerning that issue.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You're a Trumpster. Case closed! With Trump you don't have to go searching for possible fake news, you only have to wait for him to open his mouth. There is no point in debating an issue with one who is a biased hypocrite concerning that issue.
    You are confirmed weird. For you everything is Trump. It will be interesting when you transition from your fixation. Maybe then you would start to contribute to discussions.