Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Even Now The Press Is Lying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    No, I was saying in the context of the conversation that "duly elected" has nothing to do with impeachment which is the only process for ousting a president.
    Clearly not. But whatever, Jim. If that was what you were saying, you're defending yourself by arguing that you can't follow a conversation. I guess that's a convincing enough claim, there's certainly plenty of evidence to support it.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      If at this state and in a thread where multiple examples of media lying (starting with the OP) you still don't understand why the media is lying, propagandist and stupid then you absolutely are a bad faith actor.
      Or perhaps I understand that speaking in such terms as "the media" as if they were all the same is as absurd as talking about "Christians", "liberals", "Democrats" or whatever as if they were all exactly the same. But continue screaming in your broad terms.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Or perhaps I understand that speaking in such terms as "the media" as if they were all the same is as absurd as talking about "Christians", "liberals", "Democrats" or whatever as if they were all exactly the same. But continue screaming in your broad terms.
        "Before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy for what we say to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people one cannot instruct."
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

"Before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy for what we say to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people one cannot instruct."
          So, a personal attack instead of reasons. Another unhelpful attempt that does not even adress the point made.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

As Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is futile, because it requires you to expend so much time and effort just bringing them up to speed on the basic facts that they become too overwhelmed to grasp the point you're trying to make.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              As Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is futile, because it requires you to expend so much time and effort just bringing them up to speed on the basic facts that they become too overwhelmed to grasp the point you're trying to make.
              So another attack instead of reasons. It might convince the choir.

Comment

So, a personal attack instead of reasons. Another unhelpful attempt that does not even adress the point made.
                The statement did not look like an attack but rather an assessment of the situation.

I have not seen where you agreed that the mass media has acted deceitfully or, at least, with total incompetance in the cases noted. This problem happens over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  The statement did not look like an attack but rather an assessment of the situation.

I have not seen where you agreed that the mass media has acted deceitfully or, at least, with total incompetance in the cases noted. This problem happens over and over again.
                  It clearly was. He did not provide reasons to believe his unsupported claims but tried his way with a statement suggesting I could not even be trained. It is rather funny that so many of you accept that instead of actual arguments while claiming to be on the high horse. The irony is rather obvious.

Comment

No, the story is not a lie, and the video of the hospital, though not the NY hospital in question, is a picture of what is going on in NY hospitals in general, with converted trucks parked in the back being used as makeshift morgues. They're not only running out of room for patients, they're running out of room for the dead.
                    sorry JimL even if CBS was concerned about safety they needed to put that disclaimer not act like the video was actual footage from the hospital or as rogue said htey shouldn't' have used the footage at all. that is terrible journalism at best a lie at worst the jury is still out on whether what they reported was the truth.

Also Changing the subject doesn't make it any less a lie. what you just said about deaths does not detract from the lie of showing footage from an Italian Hospital pretending it was from the NY hospital they were talking about in the story, Your handlers need to give you better talking points JimL. Yes this virus kills people how ever maybe if Nancy Pelosi and the the mayor of new York hadn't said in January go ahead and go out have fun go join the Chinese New year celebrations because it was "racist" to stop all travel from China where the virus started. Things wouldn't be as bad as they are and the time Trump tried to give us by enacting that travel ban would have worked to slow it down even more then we did.

Comment

You sure have not addressed the issue of lies by the media.
                      His leftist Handlers haven't given him anything that addresses the issue of lies by the media. so all he has now is his default statement to fall back on. Somewhat like the an NPC in MMORPGs when the player asks them something they have not been programed to answer they go with their default answer in JimL's case an ad hominum attack.

Comment

It clearly was. He did not provide reasons to believe his unsupported claims but tried his way with a statement suggesting I could not even be trained. It is rather funny that so many of you accept that instead of actual arguments while claiming to be on the high horse. The irony is rather obvious.
                        I don't quite follow what your are saying in the third sentence (...something being funny...). The whole discussion seems to be what Darth is talking about. The lies of media have been presented but fail to influence you -- and you fail to justify/explain the lies.

Comment

No, the story is not a lie, and the video of the hospital, though not the NY hospital in question, is a picture of what is going on in NY hospitals in general, with converted trucks parked in the back being used as makeshift morgues. They're not only running out of room for patients, they're running out of room for the dead.
                          so it's a lie but it's ok because the lie is true?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            so it's a lie but it's ok because the lie is true?
                            Nope, the story is true and that's all that really matters, unless of course you're just looking for something to be critical about.

Comment

I don't quite follow what your are saying in the third sentence (...something being funny...). The whole discussion seems to be what Darth is talking about. The lies of media have been presented but fail to influence you -- and you fail to justify/explain the lies.
                              If you guys would only criticize the constant lies coming from Trump, we might take your being critical of the media a little more seriously.

Comment

If you guys would only criticize the constant lies coming from Trump, we might take your being critical of the media a little more seriously.
                                That does not answer the question how you handle the lies of the media. I have not seen a worthwhile list of things that people say are lies by Trump. If the media did not mock everything that conservatives say, it may be easier to identify any potential lies by Trump. You can restart a thread on Trump lies if you like.

Comment