Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Even Now The Press Is Lying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Now The Press Is Lying...

CBS News Caught Using Footage from an Italian Hospital to Describe Conditions in New York City

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rk-city-video/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

So, if I find one true story I can claim "the press" is telling the truth?

"The press", "Liberals", "Democrats"... Boxes....
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      CBS News Caught Using Footage from an Italian Hospital to Describe Conditions in New York City

Obviously Trump slipped in and changed the film they were using.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        So, if I find one true story I can claim "the press" is telling the truth?

"The press", "Liberals", "Democrats"... Boxes....
        The problem is that they've been spreading falsehoods throughout this ordeal -- even after fact checkers have pronounced them false. At a certain point it isn't a mistake.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The problem is that they've been spreading falsehoods throughout this ordeal -- even after fact checkers have pronounced them false. At a certain point it isn't a mistake.
          They... As in whom, where, when?
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. No, really.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Project Veritias went to 3 or 4 hospitals in the New York/New Jersey area.

I think two of the hospitals said this virus was being overblown.

Rush Limbaugh had talked to many doctors he knows (with some he has seen recently) who said this was no big deal.

It fits in well that footage was used from Italy to represent things in New York

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Project Veritias went to 3 or 4 hospitals in the New York/New Jersey area.

I think two of the hospitals said this virus was being overblown.

Rush Limbaugh had talked to many doctors he knows (with some he has seen recently) who said this was no big deal.

It fits in well that footage was used from Italy to represent things in New York
                .... famous last words.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  .... famous last words.
                  I take it that you are enslaved by the media then. One point I saw about doing research -- just because a book has been published and is in the library does not mean that that book is good information.

You have heard the original radio broadcast of War of the Worlds ... and you heard about the outcome. Didn't you. Some lessons are never learned.

I just recommend doing the research. Don't you?

Limbaugh noted the big change in Ferguson's numbers (out of London College). The great change in numbers means that that group is playing with variable of high variability and great unknowns. So, they can get any number they want. And we are to accept the calculations whatever they are?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That is not true.

FNC hosts and Trump himself have indeed been lying throughout this ordeal, even after being debunked. Three seconds of B-roll on a CBS clip is not lying, just sloppy, and not within orders of magnitude of the same league. It's time to put your campaign of regurgitated lies and propaganda against the press on hold. It can't help, and can only serve to drive people to less reliable news sources, with consequent increases in mortality.

That means blood on your hands.

Try to avoid that.

Start now.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      That is not true.

FNC hosts and Trump himself have indeed been lying throughout this ordeal, even after being debunked. Three seconds of B-roll on a CBS clip is not lying, just sloppy, and not within orders of magnitude of the same league. It's time to put your campaign of regurgitated lies and propaganda against the press on hold. It can't help, and can only serve to drive people to less reliable news sources, with consequent increases in mortality.

Try to avoid that.

Start now.
                      The blood is on the hands of whoever has lied ... and a bit on whoever trusts the lies. We have seen in an earlier post that CNN was willing to subvert an election of the President. If the media has become untrustworthy, it is difficult to know when they will tell the truth. Statistics lie and can be made to say whatever someone wants them to say.

I'm trying to find out what other people are saying because I don't want a single source of information.
                      Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-30-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        I take it that you are enslaved by the media then. One point I saw about doing research -- just because a book has been published and is in the library does not mean that that book is good information.

You have heard the original radio broadcast of War of the Worlds ... and you heard about the outcome. Didn't you. Some lessons are never learned.

I just recommend doing the research. Don't you?

Limbaugh noted the big change in Ferguson's numbers (out of London College). The great change in numbers means that that group is playing with variable of high variability and great unknowns. So, they can get any number they want. And we are to accept the calculations whatever they are?
                        The experts can't even seem to not contradict themselves. Last week, Dr. Birx said the data on the ground does not support the dire predictions. This week, she made her own dire prediction that 200,000 China flu related deaths in the US is a "best case scenario". How can we trust the experts when they flip-flop like that?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That is not true.

Try to avoid that.

Start now.
                          well if you watch the video, it is a lot more than 3 seconds and the narrator is talking about a specific hospital in New Jersy while showing video from Italy.

"across the river at Holy Name medical center in New Jersey.." so yeah they were giving the impression that the video was of that hospital and the hospitals in New York.

Very sloppy at best.

Comment

That is not true.

Try to avoid that.

Start now.
                            I have noted several falsehoods that continue to be disseminated by the media as true despite being thoroughly debunked by various organizations who have no love loss for Trump. One popular example is that Trump called the coronavirus a hoax. It still makes the rounds either by the hosts of news or analysis programs or by guests who never are corrected or called out.

Comment

They showed footage of the inside of a hospital that was not the same hospital implied by the story. But the video of the hospital had little to do with whether the story itself was fake news. If you want to find fake news, go to FOX, or just wait for Trump to say something.

Comment