Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Even Now The Press Is Lying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    What makes you think it an obsession? The altering of the quote box is a revered tradition on Tweb, one which is accepted as part of the routine. Since there does exist a similarity in style and approach, I do wonder about your statement about not being a fan.

Haha
    Rent. Free. In. Your. Head.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
      Rent. Free. In. Your. Head.
      An interesting phrase. It is often attributed to Anne Landers, but has in recent years morphed into a taunt and insult. Which is interesting here in the context of Tweb, where trolling is condemned, except when the right sort does it then it is a good. (and the thread disappears)

Yep, the parallels abound, Mr Slick.

And it is interesting that you avoided addressing the post:
      What makes you think it an obsession? The altering of the quote box is a revered tradition on Tweb, one which is accepted as part of the routine. Since there does exist a similarity in style and approach, I do wonder about your statement about not being a fan.

Haha

Let me break it down the points

1.) Why do you call it an obsession?

2.) The altering of the quotebox is an accepted routine on Tweb

3.) You claim not to be a fan, but your approach has really conformed to his approach

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        I take it that you are an advocate for the sedition of CNN which seeks to oust a duly elected President. Are we to take your discussion your ramblings seriously yet or do you plan to contribute worthwhile insights, rather than insults? Just take a breath, relax.
        FYI ousting a duly elected president is constitutional, and it is the purpose of a free press to inform the people and expose the actions of the government and the Administration. The President hates the idea of a free press for that reason, and so, I'm afraid, do you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          That is not true.

FNC hosts and Trump himself have indeed been lying throughout this ordeal, even after being debunked. Three seconds of B-roll on a CBS clip is not lying, just sloppy, and not within orders of magnitude of the same league. It's time to put your campaign of regurgitated lies and propaganda against the press on hold. It can't help, and can only serve to drive people to less reliable news sources, with consequent increases in mortality.

That means blood on your hands.

Try to avoid that.

Start now.
          No, there's blood on your hands because you've spent decades licking the boots of a lying propagandist press that almost nobody (rightfully) trusts anymore.

It's amazing you people think you can STILL peddle this nonsense in 2020. It's not our job to prop up the credibility, of a lying, bigoted, incompetent press.
          Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-31-2020, 09:20 AM.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            No, there's blood on your hands because you've spent decades licking the boots of a lying propagandist press that almost nobody (rightfully) trusts anymore.

It's amazing you people think you can STILL peddle this nonsense in 2020. It's not our job to prop up the credibility, of a lying, bigoted, incompetent press.
            Strong words. No arguments to support them. Speaking in broad and general terms. It might convince those who were not looking for a line of reasoning but would rather follow the "strong" leader.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              FYI ousting a duly elected president is constitutional, and it is the purpose of a free press to inform the people and expose the actions of the government and the Administration. The President hates the idea of a free press for that reason, and so, I'm afraid, do you.
              It's constitutional for the press to oust a duly elected President??
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                It's constitutional for the press to oust a duly elected President??
                That's not what I said, Max. The press can certainly play a role in exposing wrongdoing, but being "duly elected", as mike seems to think, has nothing to do with impeachment.
                Last edited by JimL; 03-31-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  That's not what I said, Max. The press can certainly play a role in exposing wrongdoing, but being "duly elected", as mike seems to think, has nothing to do with impeachment.
                  But that was Mike's point, - that the press was trying to oust a duly elected President - which you replied to by saying "FYI ousting a duly elected president is constitutional...". So you are saying, in the context of the conversation that it is constitutional for the press to oust a president.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    But that was Mike's point, - that the press was trying to oust a duly elected President - which you replied to by saying "FYI ousting a duly elected president is constitutional...". So you are saying, in the context of the conversation that it is constitutional for the press to oust a president.
                    No, I was saying in the context of the conversation that "duly elected" has nothing to do with impeachment which is the only process for ousting a president.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Apparently Matt Slick is living rent free in your head since you got booted from the website that he owns.

Learn to let it go and stop letting it fester as it obviously has.
                      Petra's keyboard player back in the 80's was named John Slick, but sadly, they never did any promotion around his name, maybe because their lead singer had an even more awesome name: Greg Xavier Volz!
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Strong words. No arguments to support them. Speaking in broad and general terms. It might convince those who were not looking for a line of reasoning but would rather follow the "strong" leader.
                        Convincing bad faith actors isn't my goal. The media's reputation is in the toilet and in fact I am greatly pleased that people like you and juvenal continue to encourage them to stay the course.
                        Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-31-2020, 10:57 AM.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Convincing bad faith actors isn't my goal. The media's reputation is in the toilet and in fact I am greatly encouraged that people like you and juvenal continue to encourage them to stay the course.
                          Again strong words and nothing to support them. Perhaps only "bad faith actors" ask for reasons instead of strong words.
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Then you don't run footage if you don't have any instead of faking it.
                            Or you make it crystal clear what the footage actually is, not only in the voice over but also with a large graphic disclaimer on the screen. Basically, you do everything possible for people to not mistake the video for something it isn't.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Again strong words and nothing to support them. Perhaps only "bad faith actors" ask for reasons instead of strong words.
                              If at this state and in a thread where multiple examples of media lying (starting with the OP) you still don't understand why the media is lying, propagandist and stupid then you absolutely are a bad faith actor.

Comment

Your crying makes you look kind of pathetic, bruh. DE looks like a winner, you look like a loser. 'Reasons' lose to 'optics'.

DE 1 Charles 0

Comment