Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oh What The Hell! Mask Or No Mask!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Airborne spread is different from spread through sneezing and coughing. If you are in a situation where someone can sneeze or cough at you, like in a elevator, subway or an office, then a mask definitely helps. That is simple and should be common sense.

The real issue is that experts at WHO and CDC lied earlier. Meanwhile people ask "demi, why don't you trust the experts?!?!!??'
    Oh stop with the conspiracy theories. They didn't lie, they didn't yet know, just like they didn't know a lot of things about this particular virus until they did. Even Dr Fauci suggested at first that it might be airborne.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Oh stop with the conspiracy theories. They didn't lie, they didn't yet know, just like they didn't know a lot of things about this particular virus until they did. Even Dr Fauci suggested at first that it might be airborne.
      Face facts for once in your life, it was a really bad and obvious lie. 'Don't wear masks, they're useless and doctors and nurses need them'. A white lie because they didn't have enough masks, but still a lie.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Face facts for once in your life, it was a really bad and obvious lie. 'Don't wear masks, they're useless and doctors and nurses need them'. A white lie because they didn't have enough masks, but still a lie.
        What lie are you even talking about, and why on earth would they lie about it? If they didn't have enough masks, then they wouldn't be saying that ithe virus is airbornen and to wear masks.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Don't masks prevent the wearer already infected from spreading it to others? That's how I understood the necessity of it. Most folks think the mask prevents them from getting infected when it fact, if it's airborne -- presumably the reason for wearing the mask -- it can enter your eyes if they're also exposed.
          You can wear glasses or goggles. Plus it is better than NOT wearing a mask. When I got out of the hospital for a serious operation a few years ago, I was given some N95 masks and told to wear them in public because my immune system was very low. So the story that they are not effective is a lie. They should just tell people the truth that they want to reserve them for the healthcare workers.

The other story they tell is that the N95 masks need to be fitted to each individual. But it isn't that complicated. They come in sizes like Small, Medium and Large and you have a bendable strip across the nose that you have to fit to keep air from getting in, and make sure the size fits your faces snuggly.

I still have a couple of the masks left over and I have been wearing them when I have to go out, along with my glasses. I feel safer with it than without. I spray it down with lysol when I get home and leave it alone for several days before using it again. Pretty sure any virus on the mask will have died by then.

The type I have is an N95 Duck mask. It is even more simple to use than the ones they have been showing on TV.

Comment

Tulsi Gabbard posted this online:

The real reason why officials were saying people shouldn't be wearing masks isn't because they're not protective, but because they are very protective. Therefore our healthcare workers need them, but there is a serious shortage of masks. It would have been better for them to tell the truth from the beginning and say, "Yes, masks would be good for everybody to wear, but there just aren't enough of them. So we need to make sure that our first priority is making sure our healthcare workers have access to masks and other protective equipment
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The real reason why officials were saying people shouldn't be wearing masks isn't because they're not protective, but because they are very protective.

How do you take back such a lie and get people to trust you again?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Tulsi Gabbard posted this online:
                Gabbard doesn't understand people. If you say the masks are very effective, but there aren't enough to go around, then people will start hoarding them.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Gabbard doesn't understand people. If you say the masks are very effective, but there aren't enough to go around, then people will start hoarding them.
                  Masks can be just as dangerous as they are protective if people don't know how to use them. Whether commercial made or homemade, protective masks can infect you as well as protect you if you keep wearing the same mask without sterilizing them. If indeed it has protected you then that means the virus is now on the mask so if you touch it and then touch your face, or in the case of homemade masks, such as scarfs, and you fold them up and put them back on, your going to infect yourself. I've seen many people doing this already. But the government isn't lying as the conspiracy theorist out there seem to believe, the government simply doesn't completely understand this new virus, at first believing that it wasn't airborne, an now I'm hearing it may be transmitted even by being next to someone who is simply breathing or talking. So just be smart, use common sense, and don't believe everything you hear, because everything about this virus isn't yet known.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I suspect she understands that in the abstract, but just doesn't care because she fashions herself a truthteller who will always be a thorn in her own party's side.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      They (the CDC) were just telling us that masks do not help the wearer that we should not use them, now....
                      Latest answer is yes, wear masks.

Comment

Latest answer is yes, wear masks.
                        Right, the masks, because the virus can be transmitted asymptomatically, are as much to protect others from you, than they are to protect you from them.

Comment