Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

#FilmYourHospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    But the people on the street don't have access to the wards or busy parts of the hospital. News agencies might get a pass. But mostly I am seeing the same videos cycling over and over while some talking head tells us what is going on. So basically a few people get access and film various hospitals and then that stock footage is passed around to all of the other agencies.

But that doesn't mean this is some sort of hoax. The hospitals are taking it seriously and I personally know some healthcare workers (like my cousin) who are in the middle of it. It's real.
    Right. There are hospitals that are busy. I appreciate and acknowledge your contribution on this. Many or most of the videos are just there to counter the claims of outside activity by various news media. The videos often don't make a claim about the virus or the inside activity. Well, some videos show the insides -- and these places may not be as busy. Everything varies by locations and hospitals.

Comment

I have for a long time been interested in hearing ideas from a broad number of people. People have different specialties or expertise or contributions. Maybe its like Paul's direction for the Corinthian church -- that everyone is given opportunity to contribute something when they are together.

Years ago I wanted to setup a forum for people to share ideas on Romans. The goal was to gather insights from many people. I never promoted it so it never took off (and maybe was not something that would capture people's interest).

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Right. There are hospitals that are busy. I appreciate and acknowledge your contribution on this. Many or most of the videos are just there to counter the claims of outside activity by various news media. The videos often don't make a claim about the virus or the inside activity. Well, some videos show the insides -- and these places may not be as busy. Everything varies by locations and hospitals.
        My wife works on the upper wards. She has to determine and qualify patients for various insurance or Medicaid. In my city, our 7-floor hospital has almost the entire 6th floor dedicated to coronavirus patients and suspects. And that is expanding every week. At the rate so far, I'd guess the entire 6th floor and another entire floor (likely the 7th) will be dedicated to coronavirus by the end of April.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          My wife works on the upper wards. She has to determine and qualify patients for various insurance or Medicaid. In my city, our 7-floor hospital has almost the entire 6th floor dedicated to coronavirus patients and suspects. And that is expanding every week. At the rate so far, I'd guess the entire 6th floor and another entire floor (likely the 7th) will be dedicated to coronavirus by the end of April.
          Are there more details that can be shared? Number of patients and suspects? General mood and expectations? ICU cases due to COVID?

Comment

Are there more details that can be shared? Number of patients and suspects? General mood and expectations? ICU cases due to COVID?
            Actually, the direct numbers may not be useful ... and I don't want to you to reveal too much where you are -- for general privacy concerns. Is the workload more than a heavy flu season (if we think of the patients being distributed in a normal fashion in hospital)? Is the severity (for patients coming in with similar conditions) generally more than we would expect in other years?

Comment

Last week she said there were 20-something cases, and that has more than doubled in a week. That's why I am thinking two floors by the end of April, which would be like 160 cases at this rate.

Comment

Corona virus truthers are not slacking off, it seems to be a growing movement. Whether it was started by Q anon (amazing how influential Qanon is) or Todd Starnes, who knows, but it has taken on a life of its own. And truthers are starting to push their way into hospitals in pursuit of citizen journalism.

What next, a well armed citizen pushing his way in to prove that the medical field is just out to get Trump, in league with MSM and Deep State (Bildeburgers are gotta be in on it somewhere). Trump the Persecuted Victim!

From Pizza Parlors to burning 5G towers, nutbars are always with us, egged on by others who support the narative.

Even Sara Carter got in on it before sobering up, which shows that people are susceptible to loony theories.

People are dying, truthers are in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                  Corona virus truthers are not slacking off, it seems to be a growing movement. Whether it was started by Q anon (amazing how influential Qanon is) or Todd Starnes, who knows, but it has taken on a life of its own. And truthers are starting to push their way into hospitals in pursuit of citizen journalism.

What next, a well armed citizen pushing his way in to prove that the medical field is just out to get Trump, in league with MSM and Deep State (Bildeburgers are gotta be in on it somewhere). Trump the Persecuted Victim!

From Pizza Parlors to burning 5G towers, nutbars are always with us, egged on by others who support the narative.

Even Sara Carter got in on it before sobering up, which shows that people are susceptible to loony theories.

People are dying, truthers are in denial.
                  This problem has been started by the mainstream media which has not quite been a trusted source in the eyes among a good portion of society.

I'm not sure why Trump is mentioned at this point and your other groups are not particularly in focus among many of those posting on FilmYourHospitals.

The general recommendation is that the mainstream media work on its investigative skills and on the accuracy of its reporting. But maybe it is too late for that to help much. The MSM already has done its harm. They have ignited fires in the community.

Comment