Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

#FilmYourHospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #FilmYourHospital

I don't know where this quote originates but here is what I saw:
    We call them citizen Journalists -- Gen. Michael Flynn
    Here is an interesting movement going on concerning the tag #FilmYourHospital
    https://brobible.com/culture/article...spiracy-theory

There is a lot of misinformation being spread around about the coronavirus, which can be dangerous and can cost lives. A new conspiracy theory is suggesting that the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax.

On Sunday, the #FilmYourHospital was trending on Twitter. The social media hashtag encouraged people to go to their local hospital and film the current situation regarding the COVID-19 outbreak that is currently raging on in the United States. The “Film Your Hospital” hashtag claims that hospitals are empty and not packed with people suffering from coronavirus infections.

Todd Starnes, a journalist from the Starnes Media Group, visited the Brooklyn Hospital Center in downtown Brooklyn, New York. The Periscope video shows the hospital looking relatively quiet and not very busy, especially since New York City is the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States.
    I checked twitter for this hash tag and saw some posts of videos. I'm not really good at navigating through twitter to see what all is there.

I'm not sure where the video responders say that coronavirus is a hoax. However, the evidence that these citizen journalists are providing controverts the news stories. I could provide a youtube video that addresses the true misinformation (hmm. an oxymoron of a sort) that these videos are countering -- but the video shows some foul language (where Amazing Polly just sounds the first letter when she is reading these aloud).

The hospitals are ghost towns. They are empty. The lines that showed up on the news have miraculously disappeared overnight.

I have not really wanted to get into such topics like this. But ... the news media have lied. The governments have pushed tyranny on us. The key players are dirty. Our economy is being shutdown. The deception levels are super high. People are in fear. Yet, the hospitals are empty.

Some people around here whole heartedly trust the mainstream media. These people won't pay attention (but may realize the truth of the matter when the oppression has gone full scale). Hopefully, some people will see that this virus is being overhyped and we all are the victims of this virus.

Check out the twitter videos and see if Gen. Flynn had a reason to focus on citizen reporters.

Demi thinks the idea is lock things down before hospitals become overwhelmed, shut the door before the horse escapes.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The part of the hospital that the patients are kept in is not accessible to random people off the street, so I'm not sure what they expect to see. Appointments for non-life-threatening conditions are being postponed. Elective procedures are postponed. Visitors are not allowed. Honestly, I'd think it was really fishy if the parking lots were full.

Not to mention the fact that the more people there are involved with a conspiracy, the less likely it is to succeed. The sheer number of people who would have to be in on it is staggering. The doctors and nurses and literally the entire hospital staff of every hospital in the world would have to be in on it, since they'd be the first to know something wasn't right. They would know that they were being lied to regarding how many people were sick, since they could just peek at the actual beds and see if anyone was in them.

And for what? To flush the economy down the toilet? For what purpose? Who would it benefit, and in what way?
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Libertarian-minded people are getting a little jumpy as reality is contradicting their cherished beliefs.

A crisis is good at revealing how things really are. In a crisis, all the freedoms and rights are not absolute but give way to pragmatic policies. Countries all across the world are being openly authoritarian and locking down.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          The part of the hospital that the patients are kept in is not accessible to random people off the street, so I'm not sure what they expect to see. Appointments for non-life-threatening conditions are being postponed. Elective procedures are postponed. Visitors are not allowed. Honestly, I'd think it was really fishy if the parking lots were full.

Not to mention the fact that the more people there are involved with a conspiracy, the less likely it is to succeed. The sheer number of people who would have to be in on it is staggering. The doctors and nurses and literally the entire hospital staff of every hospital in the world would have to be in on it, since they'd be the first to know something wasn't right. They would know that they were being lied to regarding how many people were sick, since they could just peek at the actual beds and see if anyone was in them.

And for what? To flush the economy down the toilet? For what purpose? Who would it benefit, and in what way?
          There are reports from nurses about how quiet the hospitals have been. The news reports long lines of people getting tested.

I know it is weird and seems ridiculous. But what does the evidence show us -- beyond what the news says? You don't have to understand all the logic behind the situation if the evidence conflicts with the news reports. There is a video from Germany where the guy is walking around inside the hospital and it is empty. There are doctors and others who say we have more of a typical flu virus going around -- or maybe a bit worse than normal, but not nothing like the Spanish Flu.

The pictures in the States pretty much have to protect patient privacy. Other countries can be caught on camera inside the hospital and treatment areas.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            There are reports from nurses about how quiet the hospitals have been. The news reports long lines of people getting tested.

I know it is weird and seems ridiculous. But what does the evidence show us -- beyond what the news says? You don't have to understand all the logic behind the situation if the evidence conflicts with the news reports. There is a video from Germany where the guy is walking around inside the hospital and it is empty. There are doctors and others who say we have more of a typical flu virus going around -- or maybe a bit worse than normal, but not nothing like the Spanish Flu.

The pictures in the States pretty much have to protect patient privacy. Other countries can be caught on camera inside the hospital and treatment areas.
            Yep. And the astronomers are trying to lure in aliens, evolution is a plot to corrupt morals, and we did not land on the moon, the holocaust is a plot to make Adolf look bad, and Trump is a genius businessman, and vaccines turn people queer.

There are people returning to work after retirement, nurses and doctors walking into work knowing they will likely be exposed eventually. Doctors and RNs do make a decent wage, but the backbone is the unheralded CNAs working just above minimum wage, the laundry and maintenance workers.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Considering how often names like stupido and such are bandied about on a routine basis, this takes the cake. People are dying, the numbers are horrific, and they haven't yet hit America's heartland. The worse is yet to come.

But you are a good Christian Twebber. Amen! Empathy is just too much for a Christian anyhow.

Hopefully this is a sick April Fool's joke.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
              Yep. And the astronomers are trying to lure in aliens, evolution is a plot to corrupt morals, and we did not land on the moon, the holocaust is a plot to make Adolf look bad, and Trump is a genius businessman, and vaccines turn people queer.

There are people returning to work after retirement, nurses and doctors walking into work knowing they will likely be exposed eventually. Doctors and RNs do make a decent wage, but the backbone is the unheralded CNAs working just above minimum wage, the laundry and maintenance workers.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Considering how often names like stupido and such are bandied about on a routine basis, this takes the cake. People are dying, the numbers are horrific, and they haven't yet hit America's heartland. The worse is yet to come.

But you are a good Christian Twebber. Amen! Empathy is just too much for a Christian anyhow.

Why do you even try to post anything half-way serious? You are simply an idiot on this matter, having nothing to contribute. Don't respond to your impressions about me. Respond to the evidence. (or please don't be on a jury where someone has improperly been prosecuted.)

If I didn't have empathy for the victims, I would not be posting on this topic at all. I know how people react when countering the lies heard on the mainstream media.

Also, I should note that I am not acting like some generic "good Christian Twebber." I am not representing the views of tweb or most Christian twebbers here. Your time could be short here if you have such disregard for those you are chatting with -- this is my estimation again -- not the view of tweb itself.

You are being a cad for your callous disrespect for people that don't follow your esoteric approaches to Christianity.

You don't make sense in your other threads. You don't make sense here. I'm sorry for being so abrupt, but you aren't being very logical.
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-01-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Why do you even try to post anything half-way serious? You are simply an idiot on this matter, having nothing to contribute. Don't respond to your impressions about me. Respond to the evidence. (or please don't be on a jury where someone has improperly been prosecuted.)

If I didn't have empathy for the victims, I would not be posting on this topic at all. I know how people react when countering the lies heard on the mainstream media.

Also, I should note that I am not acting like some generic "good Christian Twebber." I am not representing the views of tweb or most Christian twebbers here. Your time could be short here if you have such disregard for those you are chatting with -- this is my estimation again -- not the view of tweb itself.

You are being a cad for your callous disrespect for people that don't follow your esoteric approaches to Christianity.

You don't make sense in your other threads. You don't make sense here. I'm sorry for being so abrupt, but you aren't being very logical.
                Esoteric Christianity? My version of Christianity is anything but esoteric, might want to look that word up and enter it into your vocabulary.

The paranoid conspiracy wing of Christianity is the bane of the faith, doing harm to the cause of Christ. The rabid anti-intellectualism is not healthy. Of course it makes no sense to you, you are unable to follow a line of reasoning, even the most basic. You prefer the conspiracies.

If you had any empathy, you would don sackcloth and ashes instead of posting this tripe. People with courage are walking into work at hospitals while knowing the odds. To call that some empty fraud and hoax is truly desicable. But while Christians on tweb use name calling with reckless abandonment, the same posters will walk on eggshells around you and your ilk.

Who are the victims? Those who die alone? Those who have to bury their loved ones without visiting them? The workers who go to work each day knowing the odds of infection? Yes, the vast majority of hospitals are quiet, it has not hit. Within ten days, the problems of Queens and Brooklyn will hit across America, and most communities will be hit.

And yes, I do have callous disrespect for Christians with such ideas as these, disdain for Christians who make accommodations for such ideas. Just as I would for an atheist with such anti-intellectualism. The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind is that there is no evangelical mind. ( a reference to Mark Noll's famous book, for those able to read books without pictures)

Comment

Esoteric Christianity? My version of Christianity is anything but esoteric, might want to look that word up and enter it into your vocabulary.

The paranoid conspiracy wing of Christianity is the bane of the faith, doing harm to the cause of Christ. The rabid anti-intellectualism is not healthy. Of course it makes no sense to you, you are unable to follow a line of reasoning, even the most basic. You prefer the conspiracies.

If you had any empathy, you would don sackcloth and ashes instead of posting this tripe. People with courage are walking into work at hospitals while knowing the odds. To call that some empty fraud and hoax is truly desicable. But while Christians on tweb use name calling with reckless abandonment, the same posters will walk on eggshells around you and your ilk.

Who are the victims? Those who die alone? Those who have to bury their loved ones without visiting them? The workers who go to work each day knowing the odds of infection? Yes, the vast majority of hospitals are quiet, it has not hit. Within ten days, the problems of Queens and Brooklyn will hit across America, and most communities will be hit.

And yes, I do have callous disrespect for Christians with such ideas as these, disdain for Christians who make accommodations for such ideas. Just as I would for an atheist with such anti-intellectualism. The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind is that there is no evangelical mind. ( a reference to Mark Noll's famous book, for those able to read books without pictures)
                  Who can do anything but appreciate your optimism for the spread of a virus? You already have disrespect for all Christians; you hardly have to elaborate any further about subsets of Christians you despise. You are being blind and foolish and you have the right to be that way.

I guess you have the general privilege of responding to this remark. But do not post anymore in this thread. I have asked people to look at the evidence. You have mocked the messenger.

Comment

Why do you even try to post anything half-way serious? You are simply an idiot on this matter, having nothing to contribute..
                    Whereas you are a gullible incompetent who has contributed only an opportunity for the other conservative US Xtians here to show tribal solidarity by refraining from criticising one of their fellows no matter how ridiculous.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      Whereas you are a gullible incompetent who has contributed only an opportunity for the other conservative US Xtians here to show tribal solidarity by refraining from criticising one of their fellows no matter how ridiculous.
                      Roy, you are not welcome on this thread. Please do not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Does someone pee in your Wheaties EVERY morning?

You rarely, if ever, criticise a post by JimL, and he comes up with some real whoppers.
                        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Must be because you tacitly agree with him and want to show tribal solidarity.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't know where this quote originates but here is what I saw:

Here is an interesting movement going on concerning the tag #FilmYourHospital
                          https://brobible.com/culture/article...spiracy-theory

I checked twitter for this hash tag and saw some posts of videos. I'm not really good at navigating through twitter to see what all is there.

I'm not sure where the video responders say that coronavirus is a hoax. However, the evidence that these citizen journalists are providing controverts the news stories. I could provide a youtube video that addresses the true misinformation (hmm. an oxymoron of a sort) that these videos are countering -- but the video shows some foul language (where Amazing Polly just sounds the first letter when she is reading these aloud).

The hospitals are ghost towns. They are empty. The lines that showed up on the news have miraculously disappeared overnight.

I have not really wanted to get into such topics like this. But ... the news media have lied. The governments have pushed tyranny on us. The key players are dirty. Our economy is being shutdown. The deception levels are super high. People are in fear. Yet, the hospitals are empty.

Some people around here whole heartedly trust the mainstream media. These people won't pay attention (but may realize the truth of the matter when the oppression has gone full scale). Hopefully, some people will see that this virus is being overhyped and we all are the victims of this virus.

Check out the twitter videos and see if Gen. Flynn had a reason to focus on citizen reporters.
                          What do you expect to see? The covid patients are kept in isolation wards, not piled up in the lobby. I was at my hospital yesterday to get labs done. They had a screening table set up at the entrance, with people in masks, that ask you why you are there, if you had any contact with anyone with the virus, and if you have any symptoms. Then they use an infrared thermometer to check your temperature. Only then will they give you a pass which you have to wear and can enter the hospital proper.

Yes the hospital looked empty, because they are keeping people out and the sick people are up on the floors and ICU wards.

Comment

Again, the people who are sick are in the patient wards and ICU, and that's where the nurses and doctors are too. Not the hospital halls and lobbies.

My cousin is a nurse in Detroit. She told me they are overwhelmed with patients and having to work double shifts. She was grateful that someone donated an N95 mask for her to use!

So, unless I and she is in on the conspiracy, now you have evidence from someplace else than the news reports.

Comment

Wow. More evidence you aren't a Christian, I see.

Comment