Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

#FilmYourHospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Whereas you are a gullible incompetent who has contributed only an opportunity for the other conservative US Xtians here to show tribal solidarity by refraining from criticising one of their fellows no matter how ridiculous.
    Have you seen anyone agree with him? That doesn't mean we are being rude to him like you and simplicio are doing. OBP is right. Stop being such a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Again, the people who are sick are in the patient wards and ICU, and that's where the nurses and doctors are too. Not the hospital halls and lobbies.

My cousin is a nurse in Detroit. She told me they are overwhelmed with patients and having to work double shifts. She was grateful that someone donated an N95 mask for her to use!

So, unless I and she is in on the conspiracy, now you have evidence from someplace else than the news reports.
      Although some/many people may state a view about the virus, the general question is whether the news media was accurate in its portrayal of what was happening around the hospitals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        What do you expect to see? The covid patients are kept in isolation wards, not piled up in the lobby. I was at my hospital yesterday to get labs done. They had a screening table set up at the entrance, with people in masks, that ask you why you are there, if you had any contact with anyone with the virus, and if you have any symptoms. Then they use an infrared thermometer to check your temperature. Only then will they give you a pass which you have to wear and can enter the hospital proper.

Yes the hospital looked empty, because they are keeping people out and the sick people are up on the floors and ICU wards.
        I would expect to see something like you said -- a screening at the entrance of hospitals. But not every hospital would have the same situation. Some may not have to do this right now. The idea is to get eyes on the street from common people, to see if the news media is presenting the scenario at hospitals correctly

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I don't know where this quote originates but here is what I saw:

Here is an interesting movement going on concerning the tag #FilmYourHospital
          https://brobible.com/culture/article...spiracy-theory

I checked twitter for this hash tag and saw some posts of videos. I'm not really good at navigating through twitter to see what all is there.

I'm not sure where the video responders say that coronavirus is a hoax. However, the evidence that these citizen journalists are providing controverts the news stories. I could provide a youtube video that addresses the true misinformation (hmm. an oxymoron of a sort) that these videos are countering -- but the video shows some foul language (where Amazing Polly just sounds the first letter when she is reading these aloud).

The hospitals are ghost towns. They are empty. The lines that showed up on the news have miraculously disappeared overnight.

I have not really wanted to get into such topics like this. But ... the news media have lied. The governments have pushed tyranny on us. The key players are dirty. Our economy is being shutdown. The deception levels are super high. People are in fear. Yet, the hospitals are empty.

Some people around here whole heartedly trust the mainstream media. These people won't pay attention (but may realize the truth of the matter when the oppression has gone full scale). Hopefully, some people will see that this virus is being overhyped and we all are the victims of this virus.

Check out the twitter videos and see if Gen. Flynn had a reason to focus on citizen reporters.
          I think it's highly possible, in fact most likely probable certain news networks are sensationalizing it to the point of exaggerating, giving outright false info, misleading video footage and editing (as we've seen examples of), and possibly even staging certain hospital areas for dramatic effect, but that doesn't mean it's a hoax nationwide. I think these folks might be confusing to the two events. We also know it isn't equally spreading throughout the country. There are certain "hotspots" that seem to be more affected than others.
          Last edited by seanD; 04-01-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Another citizen interested in the truth: https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...mercy-feds-say

A zealous patriot tried to slam a train locomotive into the Navy Hospital ship.
            “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to," Moreno told investigators, according to the complaint. "People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will

At least some know what is really going on!!!!

But hey, looney toons ideas don't have consequences, and the Lord won't really hold us accountable. Or will we be held accountable?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
              Another citizen interested in the truth: https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...mercy-feds-say

A zealous patriot tried to slam a train locomotive into the Navy Hospital ship.
              “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to," Moreno told investigators, according to the complaint. "People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will

At least some know what is really going on!!!!

But hey, looney toons ideas don't have consequences, and the Lord won't really hold us accountable. Or will we be held accountable?
              If you call everything outside of your own head as something looney, you are ready for the looney farm.

You may hear of people doing crazy things but that does not mean that everyone but you has the right information. I think part of the reason we discuss things from all different perspectives at tweb is that we want to hear things from different perspectives -- and then, of course, mock those who have a different view.

Comment

I'm wondering if simplicio is whag.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Nah.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    If you call everything outside of your own head as something looney, you are ready for the looney farm.

You may hear of people doing crazy things but that does not mean that everyone but you has the right information. I think part of the reason we discuss things from all different perspectives at tweb is that we want to hear things from different perspectives -- and then, of course, mock those who have a different view.
                    Well, maybe Moreno is not really looney, just exhibiting a healthy suspicion, and in possession of the right information.

Comment

Dumb*** or ********?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whag

Comment

Well, maybe Moreno is not really looney, just exhibiting a healthy suspicion, and in possession of the right information.
                        go out and get some fresh air. Please.

Comment

Neither - another poster here.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Neither - another poster here.
                            Well, given the ease which epithets are tossed around here by real Christians, I thought I should look up the term.

Comment

Well, given the ease which epithets are tossed around here by real Christians, I thought I should look up the term.
                              As if anyone needed any clues, can anyone see how he just exposed himself in that post?

Comment

As if anyone needed any clues, can anyone see how he just exposed himself in that post?
                                Some Christians can say anything, and no one doubts their bona fides.

Comment