Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Red state/blue state and corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Between the two of us I trust the one who doesn't hear voices in his head, all due respect ;).
    What kind of weird cult did you belong to if you believe being a Christian means hearing voices in your head?

You're really trying your damndest to behave like a troll, despite your claims to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      What kind of weird cult did you belong to if you believe being a Christian means hearing voices in your head?

You're really trying your damndest to behave like a troll, despite your claims to the contrary.
      No, my point is that I can also be uncharitable in interpreting WW's philosophical viewpoint and it gets us nowhere.

Comment

No, my point is that I can also be uncharitable in interpreting WW's philosophical viewpoint and it gets us nowhere.
        You should work on getting your point across more clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          You should work on getting your point across more clearly.
          Imagine someone asking you to play with kids gloves with speaking with a Swede. This is like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            It has nothing to do with being charitable or uncharitable. Rather, from a purely dispassionate and logical standpoint, the ideas you have proposed about the value of human life simply do not align with atheism. The problem with apostasy is having to let go of the things you intuitively know to be true but that are now incompatible with your new worldview.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by MM View Post
              It has nothing to do with being charitable or uncharitable. Rather, from a purely dispassionate and logical standpoint, the ideas you have proposed about the value of human life simply do not align with atheism. The problem with apostasy is having to let go of the things you intuitively know to be true but that are now incompatible with your new worldview.
              You do this thing where you talk down to me like this like you're my dad or something. It's pretty rude :).

Moderated By: Chaotic Void

When editing someone's Username into an insult, please refrain from using obscenities like that one, thinly veiled or otherwise.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Chaotic Void; 05-02-2020, 09:21 AM. Reason: Moderation

Comment

Imagine someone asking you to play with kids gloves with speaking with a Swede. This is like that.
                I'm sure that made sense in your own head.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  You do this thing where you talk down to me like this like you're my dad or something. It's pretty rude :).
                  It's said that the ad hominem fallacy is the most grudging form of concession.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    It's said that the ad hominem fallacy is the most grudging form of concession.
                    Who knew Trump was so humble ;).

Comment

You said he's "an idiot" i.e. his philosophy is inconsistent with actual pro-life belief. So, how do we bridge this gap where he describes himself as pro-life and you insist that he's "something else"? I think his perspective is more consistent with the actual execution of pro-birth philosophy I see effected by Republicans (really, no troll).
                      I never said he wasn't prolife. keep burning the straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I never said he wasn't prolife. keep burning the straw.
                        You said he was an idiot.
                        You said that because of the extremity of his anti-choice perspective.
                        The extremity of his anti-choice perspective stems from (he'd say) his pro-life beliefs.
                        Therefore, you said he was an idiot due to (what he'd describe as) his pro-life beliefs.
                        The extremity of his pro-life beliefs can only make him an idiot in your mind if they do not represent a valid pro-life perspective.
                        Therefore, you do not believe he holds a valid pro-life perspective.

Simple as that.

Comment

• Gov DeSantis now says "I am not in a rush", and Florida will re=open in phases. Earlier, DeSantis received criticism that he was in a rush.

Could this be a sign that the Trump loyalists are starting to break with The Donald?

Comment

The extremity of his anti-choice perspective stems from (he'd say) his pro-life beliefs.
                            Therefore, you said he was an idiot due to (what he'd describe as) his pro-life beliefs.
                            The extremity of his pro-life beliefs can only make him an idiot in your mind if they do not represent a valid pro-life perspective.

Simple as that.
                            Wow. Now you are telling me what I think? LOL.

Someone can be prolife and an idiot too. Just like someone can be pro-abortion and an idiot.

Or just be a general everyday internet idiot, like you are turning into.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Wow. Now you are telling me what I think? LOL.

Someone can be prolife and an idiot too. Just like someone can be pro-abortion and an idiot.

Or just be a general everyday internet idiot, like you are turning into.
                              I'm assuming that your statements were logically consistent. If they weren't then all bets are off and communication isn't possible.

I note you don't have a specific complaint with my syllogism. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader as to why that might be.

Comment

I'm assuming that your statements were logically consistent. If they weren't then all bets are off and communication isn't possible.

I note you don't have a specific complaint with my syllogism. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader as to why that might be.
                                Your mind reading skills are hilariously bad. As is your use of logic to try to force what you think into what I supposedly think.
                                Let's see...

sort of, it's because his view is logically NOT workable, since it would result in the death of the mother and baby. Therefore it is a stupid stance. It's not "extreme" just dumb.

Here you wander off into trying to mind read the guy and me. Your syllogism falls apart. And it is irrelevant to why I think he is an idiot. His reasoning has nothing to do with how stupid it is. He could believe it because his turtle told him to for all I care.

Wrong. He is an idiot because his stance would end up killing the mother and the baby. He could still hold valid pro-life beliefs and values. He is just ignorant in this one execution of them.

Wrong. He can still value life and be pro-life but just have an idiotic stance that he hasn't thought through. Just because his stance is stupid doesn't affect his overall world view on abortion.

Therfore your syllogism doesn't work, is stupid and you are a moron.

Comment