Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Red state/blue state and corona

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Red state/blue state and corona

1 Will there be a red state/ blue state difference in beating back this corona virus?

2 Which governors will be praised by their citizens for the response?

3 Will NYC export health care workers to help out in other states as Gov Cuomo suggests?ate

You can check out your state here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    1 Will there be a red state/ blue state difference in beating back this corona virus?

2 Which governors will be praised by their citizens for the response?

3 Will NYC export health care workers to help out in other states as Gov Cuomo suggests?ate

You can check out your state here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
    I'll answer here*.

I think there will be a marked difference in red state and blue state response and results

2. Cuomo will be a hero (and Newsome and "Snake" Inslee), Whitmer and Dewine (Mich and Oh) will be worth watching, I think their poll numbers will sky rocket, and the campaigns will use Trump's quotes and insults as a badge of honor.

3. Limited, most in state workers will move to other hospitals in the state, same for ventilators.

* If I wait for others to post, people ask why I don't give my views. If I answer in the OP, posters avoid the OP questions and discussion preferring a string of ad homs. If I separate the OP from my views, it is called serial posting. Since this is the format which is most effective, I will use this format of providing my answers in the subsequent post.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Here is the predicted peak, 9 April, for New York State, under Andrew Cuomo. https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

If it is accurate, New York will be in better position than the rest of the nation.

One question which I did not ask in the OP was whether there will be a negative correlation between "closeness" of the governor to Trump and the states emergence from covid 19.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This thread reminds me of the liberal pundit who ignorantly suggested that conservatives were more likely to get sick than liberals because our optimism would presumably make us less careful.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

2. Cuomo will be a hero (and Newsome and "Snake" Inslee), Whitmer and Dewine (Mich and Oh) will be worth watching, I think their poll numbers will sky rocket, and the campaigns will use Trump's quotes and insults as a badge of honor.
    I have been listening to Cuomo every day. Here is my impression. He talks way too much. His briefings could be cut in third. He just rambles on and on and on. He also just seems to be complaining about stuff. I haven't really heard him say what he is actually doing to make things better, or giving any hopeful news. And his monotonous tone of voice and New York accent grates on my nerves.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I have been listening to Cuomo every day. Here is my impression. He talks way too much. His briefings could be cut in third. He just rambles on and on and on. He also just seems to be complaining about stuff. I haven't really heard him say what he is actually doing to make things better, or giving any hopeful news. And his monotonous tone of voice and New York accent grates on my nerves.
    EGGzackly. Initially, it was all about criticizing Trump, then he remembered he needed federal funds, so he started praising Trump.
    The rest of the nation is NOT New York, so I have no idea why the national media is spending so much time covering what Cuomo says.
    Just provide the statistics and report the news.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly. Initially, it was all about criticizing Trump, then he remembered he needed federal funds, so he started praising Trump.
    The rest of the nation is NOT New York, so I have no idea why the national media is spending so much time covering what Cuomo says.
    Just provide the statistics and report the news.
    I am seriously bothered by the fact that Trump has outright said that he's told Pence not to bother helping/working with governors who criticize him. Given how many lives are at stake, I don't think I'm going overboard to call that behavior sociopathic.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have no idea why the national media is spending so much time covering what Cuomo says.
    It's pretty obvious they're grooming him to be the Democrat nominee.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is the predicted peak, 9 April, for New York State, under Andrew Cuomo. https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

If it is accurate, New York will be in better position than the rest of the nation.

One question which I did not ask in the OP was whether there will be a negative correlation between "closeness" of the governor to Trump and the states emergence from covid 19.
    so it is good that so many people were getting sick so quickly in New York?