Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump bump in the polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Expected response coming from a FOX (fake) News consumer.
    Stupid Jim strikes again. I don't watch or read Fox News. Dunce.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Friendly conditions?
      Maybe he's been following the former political editor of the British version of The Huffington Post and current Intercept columnist as well as a "presenter" for several shows on al-Jazeera English, Mehdi Hasan, who is squawking about what he sees a pro-Trump American press

He claims that the American press refuses to "call Donald Trump out on [his] lies" because "the American press doesn't want to rock the boat, and so things are just reported straight." He also declared that the MSM "gave Trump a free pass."

Sounds like that uninformed blowhard has been hitting little jimmy's bong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Stupid Jim strikes again. I don't watch or read Fox News. Dunce.
        Jim gets all his news from the idiot box and projects his laziness on everybody else.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So what, the media was reporting what health professionals, including Dr. Fauci, were saying about Trumps suggestion that we should be using the drug to treat the illness now. Cuomo is touting it's use in clinical trials in very ill patients as a last resort. There have only been 2 clinical trials thus far, one very small study in France which has been widely criticized, and one in China where the results showed no better results for those who took the drug than from those who didn't. The media reporting the criticism of Trumps messaging by health professionals, including Dr. Fauci's criticism, whether those professionals are right or wrong, is not being biased, it's called reporting.
          Trump never said it was a definite cure or treatment that worked he said it looked promising and he never said that everyone should use it he said the same thing Cuomo said that is should be used those that were most ill, and since the drug has already been proven safe that the FDA should streamline the testing. No Jiml, rather then just reporting what the health professionals were saying the MSM were taking Trumps and Dr. Facuci's words out of context to make it seem as if they were saying the opposite of each other and that Trump was not listening to the health professionals. No the MSM was not criticizing Trumps messaging they were builing a strawman so they could say orangeman bad. This is not called reporting this is called creating a false narrative. There is a reason the MSM has a lower trust rating then Trump and others because they have proven themselves to be untrustworthy and not impartial in their "so called reporting" of anything to do with Trump since 2016

And as for you taking China's word over France, American and others who have tried it, it has been proven that China has been lying for months about the virus and their handling of it.
          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-02-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

A new Gallup poll finds Present Donald Trump's approval stands at 43%. His disapproval rating is at 54%.

Trump's approval rating is down significantly from 49% in March, while his disapproval rating is up 9 points from 45%. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/19/p...lly/index.html
            It is particularly interesting to note that:

Looking at the data, Trump seems to have had one of the fastest retreats of a rally around the flag effect in modern polling history.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment