Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shoot the virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't think it would be wise to publicize one's non-ownership of a gun at a time like this.

I had a former co-worker who collected guns and told me that if everything broke down, he would go after the homes of liberals because he didn't think they would be able to defend themselves.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't think it would be wise to publicize one's non-ownership of a gun at a time like this.

I had a former co-worker who collected guns and told me that if everything broke down, he would go after the homes of liberals because he didn't think they would be able to defend themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Beat you to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Beat you to it.
          ninja'd!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            WE are doing the best that we can.

No simplicio China knew how infectious this was in November and allowed their people to fly out of the country in the tens of thousands for months afterward even from the Hubei province. We did not such thing!

As the Navy said, they were well aware of the problem before Crozier's sent his "non-secure unclassified email."
            China knew how infectious this was in November? Where on earth did you glean that little factoid from?

The Navy was aware of the problem...... but waited until Crozier put out an mass email (two dozen) to do something. The Diamond Princess (and note the warlike, macho, name) showed what happens when people are in an enclosed ship. To turn the TR into the Diamond Princess would be inexcusable.
            Last edited by simplicio; 04-03-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
              China knew how infectious this was in November? Where on earth did you glean that little factoid from?
              Coronavirus ‘Patient Zero’ May Have Started Pandemic In November or Earlier

Chinese government data suggest the coronavirus began spreading as early as November, but it still can't confirm 'Patient Zero.'

https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-pati...er-or-earlier/

The Navy was aware of the problem...... but waited until Crozier put out an mass email (two dozen) to do something. The Diamond Princess (and note the warlike, macho, name) showed what happens when people are in an enclosed ship. To turn the TR into the Diamond Princess would be inexcusable.
              Nonsense, how do you know the Navy wasn't already in the process of addressing the problem?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Coronavirus ‘Patient Zero’ May Have Started Pandemic In November or Earlier

Chinese government data suggest the coronavirus began spreading as early as November, but it still can't confirm 'Patient Zero.'

https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-pati...er-or-earlier/
                Okay. The mid November date is problematic, because the extra two weeks would imply that the numbers were greater than reported. I posted a link to an article where Houston TX has almost all its covid-19 cases in the ICU; that is after the existence of this virus is known.

Nonsense, how do you know the Navy wasn't already in the process of addressing the problem?
                They may have, but it certainly forced the Navy's hand. The quick move helped save sailors lives.

The one thing apparent from this epidemic is that transparency and openness is needed. If the Navy was dithering over what to do, then the flag officers need to be replaced, not the captain of the ship.

Comment

But how many are buying guns because they believe, like some here on Tweb, that the gubmint is coming for the guns because of this epidemic? Hey, don't let a crisis go to waste!!! eleventy one!

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Do...569357011.html

We already know that the MSM is waging a misinformation war on this, the videos prove that hospitals are quiet and the MSM needs to use stock photos to illustrate their narrative. (sarcasm)

Yeah, and even the OneWorldReligion imposed by the UN/Masons/Pope Francis in preparation for the antichrist articles are out there. For the credulous.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                    Okay. The mid November date is problematic, because the extra two weeks would imply that the numbers were greater than reported. I posted a link to an article where Houston TX has almost all its covid-19 cases in the ICU; that is after the existence of this virus is known.
                    Nothing problematic here, you asked where I got the November time line - there it is...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Moderated By: Cerebrum123

Mountain Man has been officially asked to leave the thread by Roy. This is something we generally allow thread starters to do. Other posters are asked not to respond to Mountain Man in this thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        Moderated By: Cerebrum123

Mountain Man has been officially asked to leave the thread by Roy. This is something we generally allow thread starters to do. Other posters are asked not to respond to Mountain Man in this thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

He did?

I mean, I'll honor it, but I totally missed it.

Comment

Nothing problematic here, you asked where I got the November time line - there it is...
                          I was a novel virus, one never encountered. The 17 Nov date is only a guess, a guess which many do not agree with. But since it was a new virus, no one knew anything about it, and are still (in April) trying to learn about it and discover its secrets. Note the bizarre recommendations from the US politicians, "eat at Bob Evans"; and note the various recommendations from public health officials over the use of masks.

China did not know how infectious it was in November, did not know the ease of transmission in November.

The fictitious official numbers in the US are just as far off as China's.
                          Last edited by simplicio; 04-05-2020, 04:52 AM.

Comment

How broken do things have to be before we start robbing our neighbors? And wouldn’t the liberals have taken their supplies and gathered at the nearest military fort under the command of a brilliant but lazy, and therefore never lived up to his potential, captain who just recently and reluctantly took command because the general and the next 7 officers in the chain of command died from the corona virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              How broken do things have to be before we start robbing our neighbors? And wouldn’t the liberals have taken their supplies and gathered at the nearest military fort under the command of a brilliant but lazy, and therefore never lived up to his potential, captain who just recently and reluctantly took command because the general and the next 7 officers in the chain of command died from the corona virus?
                              Survival of the fittest Christianity. Not sure just how Christian it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                How broken do things have to be before we start robbing our neighbors?
                                Not very. There's a reason why the police are referred to as "the thin blue line".
                                And wouldn’t the liberals have taken their supplies and gathered at the nearest military fort under the command of a brilliant but lazy, and therefore never lived up to his potential, captain who just recently and reluctantly took command because the general and the next 7 officers in the chain of command died from the corona virus?
                                Real life doesn't operate like a Hollywood script.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment