Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Mike Lindell changes from making MY PILLOW to face masks, Leftists slam

  1. #41
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    A) It's a meme of the right mocking the left for their never ending attacks on Trump
    "Clean-up on aisle CP" time.

    You're both factually incorrect and engaged in the very divisiveness you just finished moaning about, inaccurately I might add, from Jim, who was clearly attempting to appeal to the better angels of our nature.

    The fact is that the criticisms of Trump are bipartisan. The fact is that it is literally the job of the fourth estate to speak these truths to power.

    And the fact is that mockery can never serve as an answer to detailed criticism. It is intellectual resignation.

    2) It's really not helpful for you to be constantly posting that the posts of other people are not helpful. That's simply not helpful.
    "No, you."

    If pointing out that something is not helpful is not helpful, then there is no way to be helpful.

    You're arguing from paradox. That's a logic failure. And you're arguing against civility. That's a moral failure, unacceptable from a layman, and a scandal when it comes from a preacher.

    You know it, too, and it burns you up knowing someone else is doing the job you've abandoned.

    That's why you attack.

    Which, I might add, is not helpful.

  2. #42
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,005
    Amen (Given)
    13447
    Amen (Received)
    28192
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    "Clean-up on aisle CP" time.
    You seem particularly caustic of late, even for you. I hope all is well.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  3. #43
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,040
    Amen (Given)
    1813
    Amen (Received)
    2664
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    "Clean-up on aisle CP" time.

    You're both factually incorrect
    Good time to remind people that back on the old tweb "radical strawberry" once tried to claim Media Matters is a non-partisan, centrist outlet even after I pointed out they explicitly describe themselves as progressive on their own web site. You are not an arbiter of truth and you're not fooling anybody.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  4. #44
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,040
    Amen (Given)
    1813
    Amen (Received)
    2664
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You seem particularly caustic of late, even for you. I hope all is well.
    He looks the same as usual to me, shilling for the usual suspects while pretending to be above it all. Can't teach old dogs new tricks.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  5. #45
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I hope all is well.
    That's better.
    Last edited by Juvenal; 04-04-2020 at 10:54 PM.

  6. #46
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,338
    Amen (Given)
    1218
    Amen (Received)
    21623
    Rats. I meant to post this the other day but forgot.

    Here are some more examples of those who take joy in eviscerating a hardworking businessman for simply expressing his faith and having the audacity of being a friend of Trump's while dedicating his company to helping the country, sigling him out for derision and mockery as well as accusing him of doing nothing but trying to shill his company.

    First up you have Politico with a story that leads off with

    President Donald Trump introduced those tuning into his nightly coronavirus task force briefing on Monday to a special guest: Mike Lindell, the multimillionaire inventor and CEO of the MyPillow empire.

    "Boy, do you sell those pillows," Trump said, asking him to step up to the mic and tell Americans how his company was helping them deal with the outbreak. Lindell then launched into a short infomercial for his company, going on to describe how the firm was manufacturing cotton face masks and effusively praising the president for his pandemic stewardship.


    First, Lindell was among several CEOs up there to be thanked for the efforts they are making to help the country and not as Politico implies alone. He was no more "a special guest" than were the heads of Honeywell, Jockey International, Procter & Gamble and United Technologies were.

    Second, again none of the other CEOs either at this briefing or those at the one in mid March were accused of being there to promote their companies in spite of saying very similar things -- except Lindell praised Trump and advised people to read their Bibles which are cardinal sins on the left today.

    And here is a tweet from a writer for PoliticusUSA, a liberal news and opinion website:


    What can you say aside from the stupid is strong with this one, not to mention a clear hatred toward religion that she doesn't even bother to hide.



    This from Mike Freeman who is currently a columnist for The Bleacher Report but has written for the New York Times,Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe, and CBSSports.com:




    Now, I mentioned in the OP about how D-list celebutards were also piling on but only included one, Samantha Bee, so I figure I ought to include a few others.

    This from Steve Marmel, a television writer and producer who has generally works on cartoons like Danny Phantom, The Fairly OddParents, I Am Weasel, and Family Guy:




    From Duncan Zowie Jones, a British director and producer but who's principle claim to fame seems to be being the son of the late great rock star David Bowie:




    And this from Cyrus McQueen, an actor and comedian who's resume could fit inside a matchbook cover:


    Stay classy



    And speaking of classy, I couldn't find anything about this on the news but at a Costco outside Ft. Worth, Tex. a woman shredded a MyPillow display in apparent rage over Lindell's appearance at the briefing and likely how it was treated. She was removed from store by security and had card revoked.


    Clickinate on to play

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  7. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
  8. #47
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,338
    Amen (Given)
    1218
    Amen (Received)
    21623
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    "Clean-up on aisle CP" time.

    You're both factually incorrect and engaged in the very divisiveness you just finished moaning about, inaccurately I might add, from Jim, who was clearly attempting to appeal to the better angels of our nature.

    The fact is that the criticisms of Trump are bipartisan. The fact is that it is literally the job of the fourth estate to speak these truths to power.

    And the fact is that mockery can never serve as an answer to detailed criticism. It is intellectual resignation.



    "No, you."

    If pointing out that something is not helpful is not helpful, then there is no way to be helpful.

    You're arguing from paradox. That's a logic failure. And you're arguing against civility. That's a moral failure, unacceptable from a layman, and a scandal when it comes from a preacher.

    You know it, too, and it burns you up knowing someone else is doing the job you've abandoned.

    That's why you attack.

    Which, I might add, is not helpful.
    You ought to be embarrassed about the bolded part, but then you have repeatedly demonstrated that you have no shame. The American press corp doesn't even come with miles of "speaking truths to power" and hasn't for a very, very long time. The only person on this planet alive who might remember the last time is mossy.

    Speaking truth to power entails being willing to take great personal risk when you do it, not receiving praise and accolades from your peers for taking pot shots at folks they don't like.

    If you want to see what is really speaking truth to power you need go no further than look at Li Wenliang, Mei Zhongming and Ai Fen who blew the whistle on the Chicom government with the first two now dead with the third in custody.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  9. #48
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You ought to be embarrassed about the bolded part, but then you have repeatedly demonstrated that you have no shame.
    You're right, and I'm determined to mend my ways. Please, don't leave me out in the darkness. Tell me which fringe news source I should be turning to instead. Start with the news sources you're using.

    The American press corp doesn't even come with miles of "speaking truths to power" and hasn't for a very, very long time. The only person on this planet alive who might remember the last time is mossy.
    With all due respect, I'm having problems following your arithmetic.

    Last I checked, Mossy is a sweet, young thing; and 10 percent of 4 billion is 400 million.

    Speaking truth to power entails being willing to take great personal risk when you do it, not receiving praise and accolades from your peers for taking pot shots at folks they don't like.
    Sometimes it's at considerable risk, but most of the time it's all in a day's work. Sometimes it attracts accolades from colleagues, and other times it gets you branded an enemy of the people by the president of the United States, providing aid and comfort to dictatorial regimes like Turkey and North Korea and Saudi Arabia and China, whose leaders don't stop at words or removing press passes or granting access to fringe news reporters in defiance of social distancing rules set in place to protect the White House press corps.

    With all due whatever, rouge, only one of us has ever had his name under the headline. Only one of us knows how hard it is to get to the truth, in general, to say nothing of what it means when covering someone like Trump, who makes it a challenge to understand what he means when he says words.

    George Washington couldn't tell a lie.
    Nixon couldn't tell the truth.
    Trump can't tell the difference.

    If you want to see what is really speaking truth to power you need go no further than look at Li Wenliang, Mei Zhongming and Ai Fen who blew the whistle on the Chicom government with the first two now dead with the third in custody.
    It's happening in Russia now, too, but I'm sure you already knew about that, considering the better sources you've found on the fringe but have chosen to keep to yourself.

  10. #49
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,113
    Amen (Given)
    6590
    Amen (Received)
    12479
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    "Clean-up on aisle CP" time.

    You're both factually incorrect and engaged in the very divisiveness you just finished moaning about, inaccurately I might add, from Jim, who was clearly attempting to appeal to the better angels of our nature.

    The fact is that the criticisms of Trump are bipartisan. The fact is that it is literally the job of the fourth estate to speak these truths to power.

    And the fact is that mockery can never serve as an answer to detailed criticism. It is intellectual resignation.



    "No, you."

    If pointing out that something is not helpful is not helpful, then there is no way to be helpful.

    You're arguing from paradox. That's a logic failure. And you're arguing against civility. That's a moral failure, unacceptable from a layman, and a scandal when it comes from a preacher.

    You know it, too, and it burns you up knowing someone else is doing the job you've abandoned.

    That's why you attack.

    Which, I might add, is not helpful.
    This is not helpful, Jerk. You have managed to mix a small amount of truth with your jackassery, but it is rich that you bemoan a lack of civility while being as deliberately uncivil as possible. Fail harder.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  11. #50
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    This is not helpful, Jerk. You have managed to mix a small amount of truth with your jackassery, but it is rich that you bemoan a lack of civility while being as deliberately uncivil as possible. Fail harder.
    2020-04-05_13-22-19.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •