Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

40% of 2016 Trump Supporters Dissatisifed with Trump's Early Coronavirus Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40% of 2016 Trump Supporters Dissatisifed with Trump's Early Coronavirus Response

https://navigatorresearch.org/wp-con...y-04.04.20.pdf (page 3)

And we aren't even in sight of the this first peak!

The rest of the data in that slide deck is also bad for the anti-patriots among us.

Meanwhile every single poll has the majority of Americans generally approve of how Trump has been handling the Chicom coronavirus in spite of the Democrats and MSM (sorry, I repeat myself) 27/7 efforts to paint it as a fiasco or worse[1]. There have been a pair done by ABC News/Washington Post, one each by Fox, Monmouth and Gallup[2], and CBS which just completed their second -- which they spiked

1. A favorite tactic now is to ask how does it feel to have "blood on your hands" when talking to any Administration official

2. which indicates a 60% approval rating whereas the others have him in the lower 50s.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

stopbychinatown.jpg

Note the date. There needs to be a reckoning for progressive lunatics after this is over, like there was for neocons after the Iraq disaster.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        https://navigatorresearch.org/wp-con...y-04.04.20.pdf (page 3)

And we aren't even in sight of the this first peak!

The rest of the data in that slide deck is also bad for the anti-patriots among us.
        What was the actual question that was asked? And what do the results really mean? I mean, in the right context, I might agree that Trump did not take the situation seriously enough early on, but that's because we were getting bad information from China and the WHO, do I don't put the blame on the President.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Meanwhile every single poll has the majority of Americans generally approve of how Trump has been handling the Chicom coronavirus in spite of the Democrats and MSM (sorry, I repeat myself) 27/7 efforts to paint it as a fiasco or worse[1]. There have been a pair done by ABC News/Washington Post, one each by Fox, Monmouth and Gallup[2], and CBS which just completed their second -- which they spiked
          At no point has 50% of Americans approved of Trump's Coronavirus respose.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]43962[/ATTACH]

Note the date. There needs to be a reckoning for progressive lunatics after this is over, like there was for neocons after the Iraq disaster.
            Note the date yourself. Fact is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in NYC was in March. Perhaps if Trump didn't flub up the testing early on, cases would have been confirmed in February.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Note the date yourself. Fact is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in NYC was in March. Perhaps if Trump didn't flub up the testing early on, cases would have been confirmed in February.
              Trump didn't flub up the testing. Instead of accepting China's garbage tests like you idiots said he should at the time he ordered American ones which took time to develop. It was one of the better decisions he made, and against the "conventional wisdom" of idiot liberals.

Meanwhile the anti-rayciss brigade was busy trying to guilt trip people into bad behavior.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Trump didn't flub up the testing. Instead of accepting China's garbage tests like you idiots said he should at the time he ordered American ones which took time to develop. It was one of the better decisions he made, and against the "conventional wisdom" of idiot liberals.

Meanwhile the anti-rayciss brigade was busy trying to guilt trip people into bad behavior.
                Actually it was the CDCs decision and is SOP. We always make our own tests just like we did with SARS, MER and several others.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're woefully misinformed Darth. What the U.S. did was to refuse the World Health Organizations test kits, not China's. Instead of accepting and using those kits while developing their own, they refused them and then on top of that the tests that the U.S. developed turned out to be faulty which further delayed the response. Speed is paramount when it comes to containing the spread of a virus.
                  S.Korea, as soon as the first case was confirmed, which was the same day that the first case was confirmed in the U.S., had their own test kits developed and in use within 1 week. They tested hundreds of thousands for the virus before the U.S. even got started, they isolated and contained the outbreak. This bumbling Administration is still having problems testing and the virus is continuing to spread like wildfire-worst in the world.

Comment

1. A favorite tactic now is to ask how does it feel to have "blood on your hands" when talking to any Administration official

2. which indicates a 60% approval rating whereas the others have him in the lower 50s.
                    Rally around the flag, that's what Americans do, especially conservative dingbats. And it is blood on his hands, not because of his intent, but because he's a bumbling idiot, a denier of facts, a pathological liar, who appoints loyalist know nothings to high office in place of knowledgeable professionals.

Comment

You're woefully misinformed Darth. What the U.S. did was to refuse the World Health Organizations test kits, not China's. Instead of accepting and using those kits while developing their own, they refused them and then on top of that the tests that the U.S. developed turned out to be faulty which further delayed the response. Speed is paramount when it comes to containing the spread of a virus.
                      S.Korea, as soon as the first case was confirmed, which was the same day that the first case was confirmed in the U.S., had their own test kits developed and in use within 1 week. They tested hundreds of thousands for the virus before the U.S. even got started, they isolated and contained the outbreak. This bumbling Administration is still having problems testing and the virus is continuing to spread like wildfire-worst in the world.
                      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-coronavirus-test/

"The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere."

Comment

Rally around the flag, that's what Americans do, especially conservative dingbats. And it is blood on his hands, not because of his intent, but because he's a bumbling idiot, a denier of facts, a pathological liar, who appoints loyalist know nothings to high office in place of knowledgeable professionals.
                        Considering the 24/7 effort by the MSM and Democrats (a distinction without any difference) to portray Trump's reaction as inept at best and criminal at worst[1] it is surprising that he even gets above 30%. And if you think that Americans mindlessly rally around a leader they think is incompetent then you probably think that Herbert Hoover was re-elected defeating FDR.

Btw, the most recent ABC poll shows that more Americans trust Trump (47%) than presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Biden (43%) to handle the Chicom coronavirus.

1. the latest leftist mantra is to accuse Trump of having blood on his hands. The list includes but not limited to:
                        • Chuck Todd, Political Director for NBC News and host of Meet the Press
                        • Nicolle Wallace, political analyst for MSNBC and NBC News
                        • David Remnick, editor and staff writer for the New Yorker
                        • Mehdi Hasan, former political editor of the British version of The Huffington Post and current Intercept columnist as well as a "presenter" for several shows on al-Jazeera English
                        • Alex Henderson, news writer for AlterNet and writes for Salon and National Memo
                        • "RMuse" writer for PoliticusUSA and Daily Kos

Comment

Kind of interesting to see what many of those who are screaming that Trump didn't take the Chicom coronavirus seriously enough early on were themselves saying about it earlier this year.

It is also interesting to note that as late as February 28th the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine published a paper saying that the virus seemed to be much less severe than other recent outbreaks of respiratory illnesses and would likely be no worse than a severe flu season:

Source: Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China

The overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by rogue06; 04-05-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            At no point has 50% of Americans approved of Trump's Coronavirus respose.
                            All of those I cited put him at over a 50% approval rating with the Gallup one having him at 60%.

Comment

Kind of interesting to see what many of those who are screaming that Trump didn't take the Chicom coronavirus seriously enough early on were themselves saying about it earlier this year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43980[/ATTACH]

It is also interesting to note that as late as February 28th the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine published a paper saying that the virus seemed to be much less severe than other recent outbreaks of respiratory illnesses and would likely be no worse than a severe flu season:

Source: Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China

The overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The New England Journal piece shows the difficulty on obtaining and deriving hard scientific knowledge about the new virus. The spread of the disease grew exponentially, so did the scientific knowledge of the disease.

Many are claiming that we were hamstrung by Chinese lying.

Comment