Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump fires IG Michael Atkinson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump fires IG Michael Atkinson.

Trump, the wannabe dictator just fired (last night) the IG Michael Atkinson for doing his job rather than being loyal to him. The IG made sure that Congress was informed of the whistleblowers allegations of abuse of power, in the Ukraine/Biden scheme, against the President, and like all those the President see's as being disloyal to him, the wannabe dictator has fired him for it.
    Last edited by JimL; 04-04-2020, 03:15 PM.

Great move. Purge the deep state.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]43974[/ATTACH]
      FIFY n/c
      Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Trump, the wannabe dictator just fired (last night) the IG Michael Atkinson for doing his job rather than being loyal to him. The IG made sure that Congress was informed of the whistleblowers allegations of abuse of power, in the Ukraine/Biden scheme, against the President, and like all those the President see's as being disloyal to him, the wannabe dictator has fired him for it.
        Trump is an amateur. A real dictator would have arranged to have him "silenced" months ago, perhaps in a botched robbery, or a freak weightlifting accident.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Imagine someone wanting to fire a worker who propagated the message of a vague whistleblower whose name was used to push for a failed impeachment.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            . . . and ah, hire only your relatives and FOX TV reporters.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Trump is building the deep state, not purging it. It's true that if IG Atkinson were a Trump loyalist, instead of a principled professional, you'd never have heard of the Ukraine/Biden scheme, and now that he's gone, with a Trump loyalist in his place, you'll never hear of anything else that's going on in Trumps corrupt Administration either. That's what you call a deep state.

Comment

Trump is building the deep state, not purging it.
                That's great news, a Trumpian deep state is a move in the right direction. Let's hope you're right.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

That's great news, a Trumpian deep state is a move in the right direction. Let's hope you're right.
                  Yes, we pretty much understand that you're the supporter of dictatorships, but we Americans, at least for the most part, actually prefer and choose to preserve democracy here in the U.S

Comment

Yes, we pretty much understand that you're the supporter of dictatorships, but we Americans, at least for the most part, actually prefer and choose to preserve democracy here in the U.S

Comment

I like how liberals think that Trump doing things within the confines of what the Constitution explicitly allows him to do somehow makes him a "wannabe dictator".

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I like how liberals think that Trump doing things within the confines of what the Constitution explicitly allows him to do somehow makes him a "wannabe dictator".
                        Trump disdains the Constitution and seeks to do an end run around it whenever he can find an unintended loophole. That's why he appoints acting secretaries rather than permanent ones so he can appoint bootlicking loyalist and doesn't have to get confirmation from Congress. Following the intent of the Founders and seeking loopholes to circumvent the intent are two different things. The latter is what a wannabe dictator does.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Trump disdains the Constitution and seeks to do an end run around it whenever he can find an unintended loophole. That's why he appoints acting secretaries rather than permanent ones so he can appoint bootlicking loyalist and doesn't have to get confirmation from Congress. Following the intent of the Founders and seeking loopholes to circumvent the intent are two different things. The latter is what a wannabe dictator does.
                          You are so delusional.

Comment

Aren't you one of the ones saying Trump should issue a nationwide stay at home order?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Aren't you one of the ones saying Trump should issue a nationwide stay at home order?
                              Nope, that is not something that Trump, the wannabe dictator, even has the power to do, but states can, and that is not undemocratic as the great majority of Americans agree with, appreciate, and are for the most part abiding by those temporary orders. At least 41 states have already put those rules into effect, and those idiot holdouts, all red state Governors, are endangering the lives of the citizens, not only of their states, but the citizens of the country.
                              But Trump should have long ago encouraged the idiot hold-outs out there to put those orders into effect in order to protect the lives of people, which is his job, and prevent further ruin to the economy in this national emergency. Trump is obviously more concerned with his election and therefore the economy, which his delayed actions and messaging have done more to bring down, than he is concerned with thousands of Americans losing their lives.

Comment