Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be sociable

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Be sociable

Remember to talk to people you see at the market or on the street or elsewhere.

We could do social distancing without be totally unsociable

I went on a nature trail down the road from my place. I was asking people if their dog was a covid-sniffing dog. Some people seemed nervous to talk to other people, especially those who were wearing masks. It is important to break the ice and start conversations just to move people out of their self-imposed isolation.

This virus stuff is not supposed to make zombies out of everybody. The good news on my walk was that I avoided having a ragtag group of zombies chasing after me. We'll see what happens next time. Maybe the Rogue COVID distancing hand would come in handy for those situations

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's weird out there, man. No one talks, everyone's silent. People walk around folks to avoid them, sometimes even in streets to avoid them. Everyone wearing masks. I notice I get weird looks because I don't wear a mask (I'm kind of expecting some hysterical nut to go off on me about it, but of course I doubt anyone will do that since I'm 6'4 and fit ). This thing is traumatizing folks. No way are we ever going back to normal any time soon. But I live in LA, so maybe it's different in other places.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Huh... I've really not noticed a change. I still talk to people and usually get a friendly response. My one regret is not approaching the beautiful woman who met my gaze and smiled at me a couple of weeks ago because I was thinking, "Is this the best time to do that?" Stupid virus making me second guess myself...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Huh... I've really not noticed a change. I still talk to people and usually get a friendly response. My one regret is not approaching the beautiful woman who met my gaze and smiled at me a couple of weeks ago because I was thinking, "Is this the best time to do that?" Stupid virus making me second guess myself...
    I thought you were married?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Remember to talk to people you see at the market or on the street or elsewhere.

We could do social distancing without be totally unsociable

I went on a nature trail down the road from my place. I was asking people if their dog was a covid-sniffing dog. Some people seemed nervous to talk to other people, especially those who were wearing masks. It is important to break the ice and start conversations just to move people out of their self-imposed isolation.

This virus stuff is not supposed to make zombies out of everybody. The good news on my walk was that I avoided having a ragtag group of zombies chasing after me. We'll see what happens next time. Maybe the Rogue COVID distancing hand would come in handy for those situations
    Some people, myself included, actually enjoy self-imposed isolation. I hate it when random strangers strike up a conversation with me for no reason. I honestly don't understand the mentality that introversion is bad.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Some people, myself included, actually enjoy self-imposed isolation. I hate it when random strangers strike up a conversation with me for no reason. I honestly don't understand the mentality that introversion is bad.
    The presumption does not have to be made that introversion is bad. However, if people are fearful and numbed by the current situation, I think it is good to promote communications. Most people are not used to so much isolation. They may stay quiet as an extension of the isolation at home, an isolation of fear. In the past, I've tried to break out of my own introversion by greeting people or making a silly remark.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I thought you were married?
    Was. My wife passed away last year.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My sincerest condolences

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

9. Amen Mountain Man, Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    My sincerest condolences
    Thanks. The good news is that I will see her again some day in heaven.

11. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm so sorry for your loss, MM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

13. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.