Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

I LOVES me some good Baked Potato Soup!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVES me some good Baked Potato Soup!!!

potato soup.jpg

What all do you put in yours?

This time, I tried green onions instead of yellow, some good HAM chunks, and, of course, leftover baked potatoes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

peeled, cut into halves, add salt before you put them in the oven. When they come out spread some butter on them while they're still hot.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

How very criminal!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How much bacon do you use in your soup, CP?
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          How much bacon do you use in your soup, CP?
          Good point, Jed --- it should be called Bacon Soup with potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]538[/ATTACH]

What all do you put in yours?

This time, I tried green onions instead of yellow, some good HAM chunks, and, of course, leftover baked potatoes.
            My potato soups turn out to be very cheesy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              My potato soups turn out to be very cheesy.
              This time, I left out the cheese, so the consumer can add as much or little as he / she likes.

Comment

In retrospect, I didn't like the green onions, and won't do that again.... there was just a hint of bitterness I can only attribute to the green onions. They white or yellow onions always give a sweetness to the soup. I especially love the 1015 onions in the soup!

Comment

In retrospect, I didn't like the green onions, and won't do that again.... there was just a hint of bitterness I can only attribute to the green onions. They white or yellow onions always give a sweetness to the soup. I especially love the 1015 onions in the soup!
                  Try some Vidalia onions

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, love those, too... have you ever tried the 1015s?

Comment

Yes, love those, too... have you ever tried the 1015s?
                      Not sure. I've had a few different sweet onions from Texas that were pretty good.

I've never been one that could eat onions raw (even on a burger) but love adding them to things I'm cooking.

Comment

Not sure. I've had a few different sweet onions from Texas that were pretty good.

I've never been one that could eat onions raw (even on a burger) but love adding them to things I'm cooking.
                        The 1015 is a very sweet onion developed at Texas A&M, and is named so because its suggested planting date is October 15

Comment