Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Evangelicals full of fear

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Even when they are on topic you get upset because what you really want is to blog and exclude those who aren't an amen corner (in full agreement and in full support of your OP) for you.
    I don't believe that is true rogue, at least not from what I've seen. Why don't you try interacting with him without all the insults to prove the point one way or the other?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I don't believe that is true rogue, at least not from what I've seen. Why don't you try interacting with him without all the insults to prove the point one way or the other?
    "That Jesus is always insulting us and questioning our authority. How dare he! If only he were polite to us then perhaps we'd be more willing to hear what he has to say."
    -The Pharisees
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

3. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On the other hand, why would Christian persons find a need to express ideas in ways that are mean and cruel? And even more to the point, why would they dig in and try to justify it when called on it?

And before you go on a rampage against me personally...
    Have a wonderful day, Jim.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Here is what I said in one of them: "No name calling in this thread, please. Posts must be on topic and not about my person." It should be quite easy to disagree without having to go for name calling or changing the subject.
    when you take any disagreement of the premise of your op(which is on topic) as being off topic yes you are trying to ban people who disagree with you.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Have a wonderful day, Jim.
    Every post you've made to me has been derogatory since you returned to civics. So don't pretend to be outraged that I might anticipate you'd do the same to that post. In fact, THIS post is just yet another derogatory response to what was said as I tried to let you know I wasn't trying to say I was immune or hadn't done the same thing.

It's pretty much the only way you know how to respond to my posts at this point. And that is ALL on you.

Now - you have a nice day
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Every post you've made to me has been derogatory since you returned to civics.
    What's 'derogatory' about telling you to have a wonderful day, Jim?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

8. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges. The forum is a place to express ideas and views, nothing more, and we have a finite amount of time to do it. We don't get to do that in the REAL world as often and as extensive as we do here. Sometimes various opinions will get heated. Get over it.
    Not talking about heated arguments. I'm talking about expressing total disdain for whole groups of people. I'm talking about lauding ideas that ignore the suffering of others in order to provide ones self with yet more wealth, or yet more comfort. I'm talking about complete and utter ignorance of basic facts an knowledge.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's 'derogatory' about telling you to have a wonderful day, Jim?
    Have a good day CP

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have a good day CP
    I'll admit it, I laughed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have a good day CP
    Yeah, and you have fun playing your drama games, Jim....

...And before you go on a rampage against me personally....
    No rampage -- I actually feel sorry for you, because I think you're nuttier than a loon. No rampage, Jim - just my personal assessment based on your recent conduct here.

Every post you've made to me has been derogatory since you returned to civics. So don't pretend to be outraged...
    Outraged? Pretend?

Get well, Jim.