Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump aide warned 'as many as 1.2 million souls' could be lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course, because you're fixated on what Trump says and not on what he does, you're taking him literally but not seriously.
    Generally, I would say I am both focused on what he says and what he does. In a situationes where human lifes are at stake I don't think it is unfair to assume you can take the president litteraly. However, it turned out, once again, that history would prove you wrong if you did so. I would say - given not only this particular case but many others - I neither take him literally nor seriously.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      You did call me Chuck

Chuck is a common short version of the name Charles. I didn't call you a name.

and the TDS stuff is different from talking abot motives. You are free to adress motives. Please support your statements though.
      No it isn't. You are using this as a way to attack Trump because you hate him. Because you have TDS. You don't even live in this country and you are obsessed with the guy. That is TDS.

Balanced journalism gives a fair description of what he did right. That does not prove that everything he did was right.

The truth is: "While President Donald Trump played down concerns about the coronavirus in January and February, a top White House adviser warned that a coronavirus pandemic could cost the country trillions of dollars and endanger millions of Americans, according to two new reports."
      No the truth is that he did exactly what he was supposed to to, what the memos you cite said he should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        [...]
        No the truth is that he did exactly what he was supposed to to, what the memos you cite said he should have done.
        He did not tell the truth about the possible scale of this and played it all down. It seems that more Americans are slowly starting to realize it.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          He did not tell the truth about the possible scale of this and played it all down. It seems that more Americans are slowly starting to realize it.
          At the time that was what he was being told by the WHO and his health experts, like Fauci. And Trump likes to be positive. There is no need to cause a panic and run around crying the sky is falling. But while he was "playing it down" in the press conferences he was working to do the right thing all along, stopping travel, and setting up experts to deal with it.

Comment