Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trust the experts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust the experts!

In mid-February,

Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/4787209002/
    Idiots: "But Drumpf was flip flopping, and did not take it seriously! Trust the experts!!!!!!!!!!!"

Demi: Half the '''''''''''''''''''experts'''''''''''''' pivoted from 'not a serious threat' and 'keep planes flying' to 'millions of deaths' and 'shut it all down'. Idiots.
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 04-07-2020, 02:19 PM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Seems there is a problem with your link. It does not lead to the article but to the main page.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Seems there is a problem with your link. It does not lead to the article but to the main page.
      Thanks, fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        In mid-February,

Idiots: "But Drumpf was flip flopping, and did not take it seriously! Trust the experts!!!!!!!!!!!"

Demi: Half the '''''''''''''''''''experts'''''''''''''' pivoted from 'not a serious threat' and 'keep planes flying' to 'millions of deaths' and 'shut it all down'. Idiots.
        It's very simple: we're only supposed to trust the experts when they say something that is useful for criticizing Trump.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          [...]

Charles: It seems many people have very different reasons for not putting too much trust in Fauci. This link did not make me trust him more. Thanks for sharing.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I get a kick out of this...

Short of that, Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious, don't worry about catching anything from Chinese products and certainly don't avoid Chinese people or restaurants.

Whenever you have the threat of a transmissible infection, there are varying degrees from understandable to outlandish extrapolations of fear," Fauci said.
            Man, oh, man. You just got to love it.

Comment

Just because an expert gets something wrong that doesn't mean that their advice or the training they underwent is not valuable.
              sigpic

Comment

Folks don't typically veer from one extreme to another though, unless they were REALLY wrong. And I think it's the fact that Trump got so much flak for downplaying it because "he wasn't listening to the experts."

Comment

I hear the Isuzu man saying "Trust Me."

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Just because an expert gets something wrong that doesn't mean that their advice or the training they underwent is not valuable.
                    Important and very true point. And it is worth noting that Fauci has been rather cautious to point to the uncertainties in some of his following statements. And when talking about experts it is of course important to be aware of the level of expertice or certainties on the given area.

Demi still has a good point when pointing out that in this particular case Fauci said things along the same "downplaying" lines that Trump did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                      Demi still has a good point when pointing out that in this particular case Fauci said things along the same "downplaying" lines that Trump did.
                      I think you got that backwards. If Trump downplayed it, it's because he was listening to the experts that liberals keep claiming he should be listening to.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I think you got that backwards. If Trump downplayed it, it's because he was listening to the experts that liberals keep claiming he should be listening to.
                        I did not mean to imply any statement about who did it first since I don't know. It could be any way around. I think you know Trump well enough to know that he could hold his view independently of what a given expert says.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Important and very true point. And it is worth noting that Fauci has been rather cautious to point to the uncertainties in some of his following statements. And when talking about experts it is of course important to be aware of the level of expertice or certainties on the given area.

The travesty of all this and a huge eye opener to how much deception and disinfo is out there -- how many folks who've accused Trump of downplaying this because he wasn't listening to the experts who know better because he was catering to the evangelicals who are anti-science and... blah, blah, blah, even know this story exists? Maybe like 5% of that group, IF that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            Stuff like 'don't wear masks' was complete garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              The travesty of all this and a huge eye opener to how much deception and disinfo is out there -- how many folks who've accused Trump of downplaying this because he wasn't listening to the experts who know better because he was catering to the evangelicals who are anti-science and... blah, blah, blah, even know this story exists? Maybe like 5% of that group, IF that?
                              How many know that hydroxychloroquine is a recommended treatment by South Korea and Italy, or that a worldwide survey of physicians favoured it as treatment?

Deception also includes lies by omission.

Comment