Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Numbers Dont Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    The numbers still don't work. The unwarranted quarantines are based on ignorance or infamy. There is no reason for most states to force quarantines and shutdown of the economy. This is totally bogus. There is no exponential growth if people return to work and are doing the overrated social distancing. Let's return to sanity. We are taking instruction from the communist-minded governors, the compromised Fauci, the dishonest media, and the corrupt WHO. No one here even likes to investigate these details.
    The selective use of references does not include the fact that those countries with the least proactive or aggressive measures against the COVID 19 pandemic ahad the highest case to fatality relationship including the USA: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...WE+GBR+ESP+CHN
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The numbers still don't work. The unwarranted quarantines are based on ignorance or infamy. There is no reason for most states to force quarantines and shutdown of the economy. This is totally bogus. There is no exponential growth if people return to work and are doing the overrated social distancing. Let's return to sanity. We are taking instruction from the communist-minded governors, the compromised Fauci, the dishonest media, and the corrupt WHO. No one here even likes to investigate these details.
      Mike,

California has ~50K confirmed cases and a population of ~40M.
      Texas has ~30K confirmed cases and a population of ~29M.

California was the earliest to enforce social distancing and is keeping it in place. Texas was later to the party and has already started relaxing the requirements. How much do you want to bet Texas overtakes CA cases per resident over the next couple of weeks? Then we can discuss whether social distancing works as an emergency measure to slow the growth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Mike,

California has ~50K confirmed cases and a population of ~40M.
        Texas has ~30K confirmed cases and a population of ~29M.

California was the earliest to enforce social distancing and is keeping it in place. Texas was later to the party and has already started relaxing the requirements. How much do you want to bet Texas overtakes CA cases per resident over the next couple of weeks? Then we can discuss whether social distancing works as an emergency measure to slow the growth.
        Remember that the number of cases is meaningless. This just means that people were suspected of having it or, sometimes, had a positive test result. if you do more testing, you have an increase in number of cases. If this were deadly in California, people in the thousands would be dying of it during quarantine. New exposure to this would have been prevented by the quarantines.

And, if the 14 day or 90 days of quarantines did not stop a virus, there is no reason to quarantine people any longer.

The numbers don't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          The selective use of references does not include the fact that those countries with the least proactive or aggressive measures against the COVID 19 pandemic ahad the highest case to fatality relationship including the USA: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...WE+GBR+ESP+CHN
          Your link seems to be invalid.

Comment

Your link seems to be invalid.
            It is an old link referred to many times in many threads: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus?country

The previous link is where I added the countries to the graph to show comparison. I clicked on the link in the previous post that showed the comparison and it worked. If you want compare you have to add the countries.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...WE+GBR+ESP+CHN
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-03-2020, 03:58 PM.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment