Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Now the WHO wants to take our sick kids and other sick people right out of our homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the WHO wants to take our sick kids and other sick people right out of our homes

This is more alarming to me than the Wuhan virus.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

If I thought I had it I would seriously consider not even going to the doctor to avoid the government finding out that I had it at this point in time.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Let’s break into people’s houses and take their kids. Nothing can possibility go wrong with this plan!
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Let’s break into people’s houses and take their kids. Nothing can possibility go wrong with this plan!
        But it will be dignified!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Allow me to suggest that taking Rebel News reporting at face value is not likely to prove a sensible decision when the context they remove has been filled in.

Comment

Really, folks, how would this even work? WHO employs doctors and nurses. Are they going to force kids out of their homes at the point of a stethoscope?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              Allow me to suggest that taking Rebel News reporting at face value is not likely to prove a sensible decision when the context they remove has been filled in.
              "It's taken out of context" is used probably because what is being suggested by a "reputable health organization" is so radical. I do wish the channel linked to the original video in the description, but we heard him say it, albeit he said it in a "nice" way. The only argument to be made is if he was using a hypothetical or it was some sort of simulated scenario, but even suggesting it is repulsive, though I'm guessing he's referring to defenseless third world countries or countries more authoritarian like China.

Comment

Hm....Trump had said he might pull U.S. funding out of the WHO. He just might get my support on that.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Has anybody heard anything about this from the MSM?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Has anybody heard anything about this from the MSM?
                    Here's from Fox, which will be pooh-poohed by the left here.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ne-were-on-now

Dr. Michael Ryan, executive director of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme: In most parts of the world, due to lockdown, most of the transmission that's actually happening in many countries now is happening in the household at family level.

In some senses, transmission has been taken off the streets and pushed back into family units.

Now, we need to go and look in families to find those people who may be sick and remove them and isolate them in a safe and dignified manner.
                    I don't have time right now to look for any more. Maybe somebody on the left can find something to refute this.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Hm....Trump had said he might pull U.S. funding out of the WHO. He just might get my support on that.
                      Yes, he's trying to pass off his incompetent response to the virus to anyone. First it was the states fault, now it was the W.H.O's fault. You see, nothing is ever Trumps fault, because he is a "very stable genius," and "only he can fix it."

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        "It's taken out of context" is used probably because what is being suggested by a "reputable health organization" is so radical. I do wish the channel linked to the original video in the description, but we heard him say it, albeit he said it in a "nice" way. The only argument to be made is if he was using a hypothetical or it was some sort of simulated scenario, but even suggesting it is repulsive, though I'm guessing he's referring to defenseless third world countries or countries more authoritarian like China.
                        The context in this case was Singapore, which is certainly famously authoritarian.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                          Really, folks, how would this even work? WHO employs doctors and nurses. Are they going to force kids out of their homes at the point of a stethoscope?
                          Presumably they would enlist the support of governments.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here's the full 65 minute video of the press conference (from the WHO's official YouTube account) if anybody feels like digging through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v3v...ture=emb_title

Citing Tucker Carlson in itself doesn't add any actual context because he's just an opinion journalist who linked to the video and provided his opinion. However, he is the one who called attention to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Here's from Fox, which will be pooh-poohed by the left here.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ne-were-on-now

I don't have time right now to look for any more. Maybe somebody on the left can find something to refute this.
                              Hmmm, seems to me that the suggestion there is to remove and isolate the sick person, in order to protect the children, not to remove the children.

Comment