Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHO is Really Responsible For The Pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    The virus "spread like wildfire" because he didn't "shut down everything". The only way to stop it from spreading early on would be draconian and authoritarian measures that would seriously damage the economy.
    Not necessarily, but if you believe that to be the case, then doing it sooner than later, like some states did, it would have saved lives and lessened the overall damage done to the economy that we see now. Treating it as though it was no big deal, minimizing it's seriousness, it's business as usual, allowed the virus to spread exponetially causing the need to shut down the entire economy. With a spreading pandemic, time is of the essense in dealing with it.
    Last edited by JimL; 04-09-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Not necessarily, but if you believe that to be the case, then doing it sooner than later, like some states did, it would have saved lives and lessened the overall damage done to the economy that we see now. Treating it as though it was no big deal, minimizing it's seriousness, it's business as usual, allowed the virus to spread exponetially causing the need to shut down the entire economy. With a spreading pandemic, time is of the essense in dealing with it.
      The World Health Organization (the organization apparently responsible for the pandemic) thought it could be contained back in January, keeping from developing from a public health emergency into a pandemic:
      This spread prompted the WHO Director-General to establish an Emergency Committee (EC) under the International Health Regulations (IHR). The EC recommended that the outbreak constituted a public health emergency of international concern at its meeting on 30 January2. In so doing, the Committee believed that it was still possible to interrupt virus spread, provided that countries put in place strong measures to detect disease early, isolate and treat cases, trace contacts, and promote social distancing measures commensurate with the risk.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7086482/

Early detection, isolate and treat cases, trace contacts, and promote social distancing measures were recommendations of the WHO.

We saw the Chinese stop trains, cancel the New Year celebrations, dig up roads to stop traffic at the end of January. Few thought it would "spread like wildfire" in the US.

Comment

I've read page after page of your nonsensical posts and as far as I can tell you're blaming Trump for not pre-emptively enacting draconian, authoritarian measures because the pandemic MIGHT BE an issue.
        No silly, I blame trump for ignoring the warning signs and not moving forward with what was necessary to keep from needing the sort of measures we are dealing with now. First and foremost, mobilizing the resources necessary to do the sort of wide spread testing needed to properly track what was happening with the disease early on. And for allowing the sort of nonsensical propaganda to be sourced to his base about this disease being nothing more than the flu that still hampers efforts to fight it to this very day.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          No silly, I blame trump for ignoring the warning signs
          "Warning signs" = the testimony of the same people who gave us the Iraq war.

and not moving forward with what was necessary to keep from needing the sort of measures we are dealing with now. First and foremost, mobilizing the resources necessary to do the sort of wide spread testing needed to properly track what was happening with the disease early on.
          The testing was done as quickly as possible under the circumstances.

And for allowing the sort of nonsensical propaganda to be sourced to his base about this disease being nothing more than the flu that still hampers efforts to fight it to this very day.
          "Allowing", like Trump is a dictator who should be deciding what is and isn't permissible to say.

Maybe he should start with the mass arrest of leftist journalists who were saying the same thing before it became a real issue and did a 180 like the cowards and liars that they are.

mediavscoronavirus.jpg
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Trump took it more seriously than the democrats did, this is pure rewriting of history by low IQ journalists and progressives trying to pretend the Internet isn't forever and doesn't remember how they were screaming that Trump's restriction on flights from China was racist.

And Trump shutting everything down (which he still hasn't done) would not have "lessened the overall damage done to the economy". The damage isn't done by the virus so the fact that he didn't shut it down as soon as you now claim you've always wanted him to shut it down, but by any shutdown (including of the borders, since progressives and neocons have moved almost all of america's manufacturing abroad).
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

"Warning signs" = the testimony of the same people who gave us the Iraq war.

The testing was done as quickly as possible under the circumstances.

"Allowing", like Trump is a dictator who should be deciding what is and isn't permissible to say.
              No, by recognizing his base is being led astray in their zeal to defend him and simply tell them the truth. They'll believ and act on whatever he says.

Maybe he should start with the mass arrest of leftist journalists who were saying the same thing before it became a real issue and did a 180 like the cowards and liars that they are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44091[/ATTACH]
              DE, you are the victim of a polarizing disinformation campaign that is running rampant on the internet and far right wing sources. I would encourage you to stop feeding d fear and paranoia and look to what can be supported by actual facts and reason and move out of the world of rumor and innuendo.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, by recognizing his base is being led astray in their zeal to defend him and simply tell them the truth. They'll believ and act on whatever he says.

DE, you are the victim of a polarizing disinformation campaign that is running rampant on the internet and far right wing sources. I would encourage you to stop feeding d fear and paranoia and look to what can be supported by actual facts and reason and move out of the world of rumor and innuendo.
                From Brit Hume to Rush Limbaugh, many are arguing that the numbers are being inflated. Fauci dismisses that as a conspiracy theory, which is evidence the Fauci is a "deep state operative" whose goal is to bring down Trump. (note how often that is used here on Tweb)

It is not just about defending Trump (though there is that), but about defending a worldview in which Trump does play a large role.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                  From Brit Hume to Rush Limbaugh, many are arguing that the numbers are being inflated. Fauci dismisses that as a conspiracy theory, which is evidence the Fauci is a "deep state operative" whose goal is to bring down Trump. (note how often that is used here on Tweb)

It is not just about defending Trump (though there is that), but about defending a worldview in which Trump does play a large role.
                  I would tend to agree. The problem with much of this is there is always some little kernal of fact woven in. For example, the nutters that are tearing down 5G towers claiming the impact of covid is radiation from the towers weakening people's immune systems. There is research that suggests the potential effect of gigahertz EMR is non-zero, even at low levels. Nothing that would support the idiocy flying by on people's Facebook pages of course, but to people that are essentially reverting to a superstitious, fearful mindset, it is enough.

Comment

I would tend to agree. The problem with much of this is there is always some little kernal of fact woven in. For example, the nutters that are tearing down 5G towers claiming the impact of covid is radiation from the towers weakening people's immune systems. There is research that suggests the potential effect of gigahertz EMR is non-zero, even at low levels. Nothing that would support the idiocy flying by on people's Facebook pages of course, but to people that are essentially reverting to a superstitious, fearful mindset, it is enough.
                    Yes, the kernel of truth is easy to spot, but assessing the rest is more difficult. The push now is to blame China, as if a perfect response from China would have had an effect on the politicians who encouraged business and the parties.

"Eat at Bob Evans, its packed" or De Blasio's one last romp at the gym, has to be one of the best examples of folly in the face of the epidemic.

Comment

Gov. Cuomo says Trump is right to question World Health Organization about their failed coronavirus response

https://www.theblaze.com/news/cuomo-...h-trump-on-who
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Gov. Cuomo says Trump is right to question World Health Organization about their failed coronavirus response

I don't know enough about the W.H.O.s response, but regardless of their culpability, that doesn't change the fact that the Trump Administration was also negligent for its delayed response and false messaging once they were aware of it. As far as investigating the matter, I agree with both Trump and Cuomo as well. If the W.H.O. screwed up, it needs to be known why, and those responsible need be held to account in order to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Comment

I don't know enough about the W.H.O.s response, but regardless of their culpability, that doesn't change the fact that the Trump Administration was also negligent for its delayed response and false messaging once they were aware of it. As far as investigating the matter, I agree with both Trump and Cuomo as well. If the W.H.O. screwed up, it needs to be known why, and those responsible need be held to account in order to make sure it doesn't happen again.
                          Not sure that it is the WHO's role to act as police on reporting. There are enough parallel organizations and "escaped" information from social media that the world was roughly as well informed as China was.

If the WHO criticized poor reporting by the US, the backlash would be swift with threats of funding cuts.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]44107[/ATTACH]
                              W.H.O covered it up along with China....... and conservative Republican were posting "Eat at Bob Evans, its packed", "go out to restaurants" after thousands of cases demonstrating its potential to spread in the US.

Comment

That is right, China and their lackey the WHO, let's not forget...
                                8D1A62E4-715E-41CC-9D9F-470A6F0C56AE.jpeg

Comment