Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHO is Really Responsible For The Pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO is Really Responsible For The Pandemic?

That is right, China and their lackey the WHO, let's not forget...

The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak...

...Axios reporter Jonathan Swan drew attention to Quin’s story on social media the next day and went on to criticize the Chinese government for instituting a cover-up and failing to deliver life-saving information to the public.

Terrible. We desperately need accurate reporting from China. The pandemic originated in Wuhan & was initially covered up by Chinese authorities. University of Southampton study found there would have been a 95% REDUCTION in cases & less spread if Beijing intervened 3 wks sooner. https://t.co/YJRCxYH5Sa

— Jonathan Swan (@jonathanvswan) March 18, 2020

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/who-ha...f-coronavirus/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

You'd think the world would know by now that authoritarian dictatorships (especially those that identify as communist) will happily lie about almost anything. Are the lessons learned from the Soviet Union lost already?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      That is right, China and their lackey the WHO, let's not forget...
      From the NYT:

A top White House adviser starkly warned Trump administration officials in late January that the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

The warning, written in a memo by Peter Navarro, President Trump’s trade adviser, is the highest-level alert known to have circulated inside the West Wing as the administration was taking its first substantive steps to confront a crisis that had already consumed China’s leaders and would go on to upend life in Europe and the United States.

“The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on U.S. soil,” Mr. Navarro’s memo said. “This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.”
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        From the NYT:

A top White House adviser starkly warned Trump administration officials in late January that the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

The warning, written in a memo by Peter Navarro, President Trump’s trade adviser, is the highest-level alert known to have circulated inside the West Wing as the administration was taking its first substantive steps to confront a crisis that had already consumed China’s leaders and would go on to upend life in Europe and the United States.

“The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on U.S. soil,” Mr. Navarro’s memo said. “This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.”
        Are you kidding Jim? Trump was just listening to the experts. On Feb.17 Fauci was saying that the risk to Americans was minuscule

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/to...ds/ar-BB1068XR

And why are you bringing Trump into this when it is really all China's fault? Again:University of Southampton study found there would have been a 95% REDUCTION in cases & less spread if Beijing intervened 3 wks sooner.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Are you kidding Jim? Trump was just listening to the experts. On Feb.17 Fauci was saying that the risk to Americans was minuscule

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

And why are you bringing Trump into this when it is really all China's fault? Again:University of Southampton study found there would have been a 95% REDUCTION in cases & less spread if Beijing intervened 3 wks sooner.
          Look, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you are an scientifically ignorant person being led by conservative ideologues that also scientific illiterates*

What Fauci said was that with a handful of cases, 15 IIRC, there was no danger. He ALSO said in that same statement that if there was unknown community spread we were in trouble. And within a week of that statement it was discovered we had significant hidden community spread.

*in some cases we do see people that are scientifically literate but whose ideology clouds their capacity to be objective in their application of that knowledge. We see this all the time in YEC circles.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2020, 09:38 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Because properly blaming China for their lies would mean he can’t blame Trump and his hatred of Trump is far too powerful to blame China for all their lies.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Look, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you are an scientifically ignorant person being led by conservative ideologues that also scientific illiterates.

What Fauci said was that with a handful of cases, 15 IIRC, there was no danger. He ALSO said in that same statement that if there was unknown community spread we were in trouble. And within a week of that statement it was discovered we had significant hidden community spread.
              Jim that doesn't change what Fauci said on Feb.17. Why would Trump not listen to him? Second, it is still CHINA'S fault and the WHO for covering for them. Period.

Comment

Jim that doesn't change what Fauci said on Feb.17. Why would Trump not listen to him? Second, it is still CHINA'S fault and the WHO for covering for them. Period.
                Taking that comment out of the context of his full statement does in fact change what he said. It is called "quote mining". What the full context of his statement was in summary form is this: With 15 known cases and no unknown community spread, there is no danger.

Now can you process the fact that statement is a true statement, an accurate statement, but not the equivalent of your quote mined fragment?

The reality is that Fauci told President Trump that when and if we discover unknown community spread, we have a completely different situation and we must act immediately and aggressively if that is discovered.

As I said, you are being mislead by ideologues that are scientifically illiterate, and willing to distort the meaning of complex but accurate discussions from Dr Fauci of what the situation was on Feb 17.

And no, while china surely bears responsibility here, the severity of the current situation in the us is the white house's fault. They had the information they needed in plenty of time to act, and they did not.

That is the bottom line
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Taking that comment out of the context of his full statement does in fact change what he said. It is called "quote mining". What the full context of his statement was in summary form is this: With 15 known cases and no unknown community spread, there is no danger.

Now can you process the fact that statement is a true statement, an accurate statement, but not the equivalent of your quote mined fragment?

The reality is that Fauci told President Trump that when and if we discover unknown community spread, we have a completely different situation and we must act immediately and aggressively if that is discovered.

As I said, you are being mislead by ideologues that are scientifically illiterate, and willing to distort the meaning of complex but accurate discussions from Dr Fauci of what the situation was on Feb 17.
                  Nonsense Jim, you can't know what you don't know. At that point in time the KNOWN threat to Americans was minuscule. Fauci was much more concerned by the flu. But again Jim, this thread is not about bashing Trump, but China and the WHO - the real perpetrators of this pandemic. That is the topic of this thread, if you keep bashing Trump you need to leave.

Comment

Nonsense Jim, you can't know what you don't know. At that point in time the KNOWN threat to Americans was minuscule. Fauci was much more concerned by the flu. But again Jim, this thread is not about bashing Trump, but China and the WHO - the real perpetrators of this pandemic. That is the topic of this thread, if you keep bashing Trump you need to leave.

It is not nonsense seer, it is the plain truth. Fauci's statement was a qualified assessment of the real danger. Taking away those qualifications and effectively lies about what he said.

And are you actually going to take the position that if I point out the facts you will ask me to leave?

This is life and death seer. Think carefully before you demand I no longer post the truth in your thread. I am not blaming Trump alone. I said the White House, which includes the multitude of conservative but scientifically illiterate ideologues he has surrounded himself with.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

As late as February 29, the WHO advised countries NOT to stop international travel.

Recommendations for international traffic
                      WHO continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.
                      https://www.who.int/news-room/articl...id-19-outbreak

Comment

I see a rather unlogical tendency among some posters in this thread - and in the very title of it - to assume that it could not possibly be that both China, WHO and Trump were to blame. When people start to analyze from such a narrow minded mindset you should not be surprised that the conclusions are given before they start to analyze.
                        Last edited by Charles; 04-08-2020, 10:19 AM.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You mean if I keep simply pointing out the facts you will ask me to leave? Sobeit. But the blood of those you mislead is then on your hands.

This is life and death seer. Think carefully before you demand I no longer post the truth in your thread. I am not blaming Trump alone. I said the White House, which includes the multitude of conservative but scientifically illiterate ideologues he has surrounded himself with.
                          From what I am seing Dr. Deborah Birx, Dr. Fauci, and Jerome Adams are taking the lead here and they are not scientifically illiterate ideologues. But I know you can't help yourself Jim, so please stop or leave.
                          Last edited by seer; 04-08-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            As late as February 29, the WHO advised countries NOT to stop international travel.

Recommendations for international traffic
                            WHO continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.
                            https://www.who.int/news-room/articl...id-19-outbreak
                            Yeah, they were mistaken. But in a way that is far easier to discern in hindsight (although I did in fact think that statement was suspicious and likely wrong when they issued it). This is unlike the mistakes made in the US response which were called out daily and in real time, with multiple voices accurately predicting the cost of those mistakes.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Yeah, they were mistaken. But in a way that is far easier to discern in hindsight (although I did in fact think that statement was suspicious and likely wrong when they issued it). This is unlike the mistakes made in the US response which were called out daily and in real time, with multiple voices accurately predicting the cost of those mistakes.
                              It was not a mistake Jim, it was deliberate. The WHO is China's butt boy...

Did WHO's China ties slow decision to declare emergency?

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Co...lare-emergency

Comment