Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are you self-isolating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you self-isolating?

Yes, totally. I haven't been outside my house for weeks.

Yes, as much as possible. Only shopping trips for supplies, when I social distance.

Partly. I have an essential job, but otherwise I stay at home.

Partly. I have greatly reduced my interaction with others to such things as church and family gatherings.

Not really, but everyone else is, so I'm doing it by default.

No. Life as usual. No change in work or social activities.

Definitely not - I've expanded my social interaction to show that the danger is a media or political hoax.
    Yes. I haven't left the house in weeks.
    5.00%
    Yes. I'm only going out for supplies, when I avoid contact.
    55.00%
    Partly. I have an essential occupation, but otherwise I am self-isolating.
    35.00%
    Partly. I have reduced my social contact but still attend small gatherings/church.
    0.00%
    Not really, but every-one else is so I am by default.
    5.00%
    No. I haven't changed anything.
    0.00%
    Definitely not! It's a media hoax. I've [i]increased[/i] my social activity.
    0.00%
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Prompted by carp's question to mikewhitney.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I have only gone out to get groceries (Kroger pickup), prescriptions (drive-thru window), and once to get blood work done (I have to have it done once a month)

And I go out to get my mail, which I throw out if it is not important and wipe down if it is. I also wipe down my prescriptions and groceries, and wash my hands often. I am one of the people at the highest risk of dying if I catch it.

Comment

Yes, as much as possible. Only shopping trips for supplies, when I social distance.

Most of my shopping has come through via delivery, so I've only had to pop to the local petrol station for essentials (milk, eggs, bread) if I run out. This has happened 3 times in the last 4 weeks.

Otherwise I haven't left the house, though I'm fortunate in that I have a garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have only gone out to get groceries (Kroger pickup), prescriptions (drive-thru window), and once to get blood work done (I have to have it done once a month)

And I go out to get my mail, which I throw out if it is not important and wipe down if it is. I also wipe down my prescriptions and groceries, and wash my hands often. I am one of the people at the highest risk of dying if I catch it.
          Yeah, stay safe Sparko. I have to work about 50% in the office, but most are WFH, so it's a mostly empty building. They gave us all hand sanitizer and wipes. I keep a covering on my keyboard area that I sanitize on entry and exit. My office mate is 100% WFH, so I have no interactions with live people and a door I can close, though policy is to wear a mask and keep six feet minimum if I do.

I go out to exercise but otherwise only make trips to the store. I do try to patronize takeout food 1or 2 times a week to help those businesses survive but take the necessary precautions with those interactions.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not sure I quite fit any of the options. My family is isolating as much as possible, only making necessary trips to the grocery store. I was working from home until furloughed this week. I am, however, considered essential at church, so I am one of 5 people putting on services.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I am continuing to fulfill my responsibilities, but with great concern for the vulnerable - particularly the elderly and especially the elderly with complications.

For what it's worth, I'm maintaining the "no more than 10" and "no closer than 6'" rules where possible - which is almost always possible except at home, I've changed our office hours to fewer, and alternate days at the office with my ministry coordinator.

I'm spending MORE time outside, however, when at home.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Not sure I quite fit any of the options. My family is isolating as much as possible, only making necessary trips to the grocery store. I was working from home until furloughed this week. I am, however, considered essential at church, so I am one of 5 people putting on services.
                You're considered essential at Tweb, too.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Do you find making up a grocery list a royal pain?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                    Personally, I use an app called GroceryIQ that I share with my wife. We add things to it throughout the day or week so that, when we do go shopping, either or both of us can use that list.

And, LONG ago, we learned never to go shopping while hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                      no. I use an app on my phone. I usually buy the same things anyway so I have a "regulars" list that I use to order.

Comment

My wife and I are staying in and only going out for supplies or to help other family members who don't have transportation.

I'm in an essential industry but thank God I'm able to work from home.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I work in an Essential Service (Loaded Term... but that's beside the point), but I've been sanitizing and been keeping contact to a minimum. I bought a bunch of dry and canned goods when this whole Covid-19 shindig started to keep grocery outings to a minimum.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad I still have a job.
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm working from home (which limits what I can do) and only going out for combined shopping/exercise trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              I work in an Essential Service (Loaded Term... but that's beside the point), but I've been sanitizing and been keeping contact to a minimum. I bought a bunch of dry and canned goods when this whole Covid-19 shindig started to keep grocery outings to a minimum.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad I still have a job.
                              I have a number of friends who started "working from home" but now are laid off. One of my sons-in-law works at a car dealership, and has been cut to 3 days a week.

Comment