View Poll Results: Are you self-isolating?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I haven't left the house in weeks.

1 5.00%
  • Yes. I'm only going out for supplies, when I avoid contact.

11 55.00%
  • Partly. I have an essential occupation, but otherwise I am self-isolating.

7 35.00%
  • Partly. I have reduced my social contact but still attend small gatherings/church.

0 0%
  • Not really, but every-one else is so I am by default.

1 5.00%
  • No. I haven't changed anything.

0 0%
  • Definitely not! It's a media hoax. I've increased my social activity.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you self-isolating?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    Do you find making up a grocery list a royal pain?
    no. I use an app on my phone. I usually buy the same things anyway so I have a "regulars" list that I use to order.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My wife and I are staying in and only going out for supplies or to help other family members who don't have transportation.

I'm in an essential industry but thank God I'm able to work from home.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I work in an Essential Service (Loaded Term... but that's beside the point), but I've been sanitizing and been keeping contact to a minimum. I bought a bunch of dry and canned goods when this whole Covid-19 shindig started to keep grocery outings to a minimum.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad I still have a job.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

4. Amen Sparko, Cow Poke, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For what it's worth, I'm working from home (which limits what I can do) and only going out for combined shopping/exercise trips.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I work in an Essential Service (Loaded Term... but that's beside the point), but I've been sanitizing and been keeping contact to a minimum. I bought a bunch of dry and canned goods when this whole Covid-19 shindig started to keep grocery outings to a minimum.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad I still have a job.
    I have a number of friends who started "working from home" but now are laid off. One of my sons-in-law works at a car dealership, and has been cut to 3 days a week.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've been furloughed at work, but my husband hasn't. He goes to work and comes right home. The only errands he runs after work are refilling our jugs of filtered water (whish is at an outdoor kiosk) and picking up meds at the pharmacy drive-through. I did have a few grocery pickups, but it is impossible to schedule that anymore since the time slots are taken as soon as they are posted on the website. I went to the grocery store a few days ago and shopped for me and my parents. They live across the street from me so it's easy to take care of them. I put their groceries on the doorstep, knock, and then leave.
    I have a grocery pickup coming up on Tuesday that I scheduled two weeks in advance, and have seen no open time slots since then. I am almost out of vegetables but I get deliveries from Imperfect Foods and will probably get a few things from them this week, although they are stretched almost to breaking with so many extra deliveries lately. They are running out of things as soon as they get them in as well as delaying deliveries and they don't normally do that.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    ...I put their groceries on the doorstep, knock, and then leave. ....
    When I was a youth minister many years ago, that was one of our youth group's favorite activities --- we would round up some groceries, park down the street, sneak up on the porch of one of our shut-ins, then knock on the door and run like the dickens!

The kids called it "knock knock zoom zoom".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

9. Amen QuantaFille, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are staying home except to get groceries. I can even phone the bank now to pay bills. Have to get scripts filled by calling the doctor's office instead of seeing the doctor. I don't know what people who are sick with things other than covid are doing, because as far as I know my doctor is closed.

My son works in a grocery store, my daughter works in the service department of a car dealership, so they are still working. My daughter's husband works for a developer and they've closed all the showhomes, so he's doing a little bit of work at home, which is good for Kasha but not so good for him.

Mr. mossy and I are used to being home for most of the week, anyway, so it's not much of a change for us. But I have this feeling of "well, I used to be able to go here and there if I wanted to, without restriction, and now they tell me not to", and it's like I'm a prisoner in my house.

We got in the car this morning and went for a drive for an hour, just to do something different and charge up the car battery.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    We got in the car this morning and went for a drive for an hour, just to do something different and charge up the car battery.
    Are you getting about three weeks to the gallon?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Are you getting about three weeks to the gallon?
    I normally get more than a month on a full tank, except in the winter when it's cold and we have to run the thing for 10 minutes before we get into it.

So, yeah, now at least 3 weeks to a gallon. Even though we use litres.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.