Coronavirus Jokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus Jokes

You have probably seen some of the jokes.

I have always believed I have a good sense of humor, but I don't find the jokes about the coronavirus funny.

What do you all think?

Thanks

It's like when I, as a young man, went to a Catholic Youth Conference Weekend, and on Saturday nights, it was their custom to tell "Jesus Jokes".

Made me sick to my stomach.

I think that's quite a step above Coronavirus Jokes, but in the same category. I won't be telling any or tolerating any.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think joking about people being sick and dying has no place at all. But I don't think that finding humour in everyday life while in lockdown doesn't have a place. Sometimes a chuckle or a laugh are good for us.

At the expense of those suffering? Absolutely not.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's like when I, as a young man, went to a Catholic Youth Conference Weekend, and on Saturday nights, it was their custom to tell "Jesus Jokes".

Made me sick to my stomach.

I think that's quite a step above Coronavirus Jokes, but in the same category. I won't be telling any or tolerating any.
        Thanks. People are dying and some of making jokes!

Comment

Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jWQ1oRG9E

Funny?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            What is gained by providing examples? Not gonna watch it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              What is gained by providing examples? Not gonna watch it.
              Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                it was dumb. It was a dog giving a PSA to stay inside. Not really a joke.

Just don't start posting any jokes here as "examples" of anything mocking people dying or getting sick.

Comment

We make jokes about all kinds of things that can kill people. No one is mocking the dead or dying.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Gallows humor is a long standing coping strategy.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      In my family, it's been long standing for at LEAST four generations.
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Sure, and maybe when this is all over....

Comment

I'm reminded of the discussion we had with our police officer friend on this board a little while ago. He said that EMTs and officers often use very morbid jokes to help them cope with the realities of what they see on the job, but that they know these jokes would not be appropriate to be shared with members of the general public. Time and place type thing. And if somebody finds anything uncomfortable or offensive, it goes without saying you shouldn't use that type of humor around them.

I'm not really much into dark humor myself either to be honest. It's just not my thing personally.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm reminded of the discussion we had with our police officer friend on this board a little while ago. He said that EMTs and officers often use very morbid jokes to help them cope with the realities of what they see on the job, but that they know these jokes would not be appropriate to be shared with members of the general public. Time and place type thing. And if somebody finds anything uncomfortable or offensive, it goes without saying you shouldn't use that type of humor around them.

I'm not really much into dark humor myself either to be honest. It's just not my thing personally.
                            In my situation, the jokes came AFTER the event.

I remember times when the situation was so bad (suicide/murder - person burned in car - somebody impaled on a pole) that you do what you have to do at the scene, remain in control, take command, etc... but there were several times I stepped over to the bar ditch after the ambulance was gone --- then threw up in the ditch.

THEN came the morbid jokes back at the station, knowing you had done all you could do.

I really don't care if people tell Covid jokes or not - I just, personally, have zero interest in them.

Comment

Rational Gaze has a t-shirt that has a picture of Stalin on it, and the caption "dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it". I told him that if he wears it to work, he'd better keep his hoodie zipped up.
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment